How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
03-02-2007
  31
Naturellement pulpeuse
 
PrinceOfCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The 'other' bit of the south of France
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra Skye18
And? Congratulations.






This was a literary device known as 'ellipsis', unfortunately it made presumptions about the reader which turned out to not be true...

__________________
-Jamais fille chaste n'a lu de romans
  Reply With Quote
 
03-02-2007
  32
front row
 
luna minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra Skye18

Um...Wow! I'm scared right now. Bitch? Okay I'll leave that alone- yet though Mariah did not go into many details of her past struggles pertaining to her 'breakdown' it doesn't change the fact that she did indeed have a emotional and physical breakdown that was caused by excessive working without little to no sleep, the sabotaging of her ex-husband, et cetera. Also Yes! during one interview her former publicist did take a microphone from her and many cited that as being one of the tell-tale signs as for what would later occur.
i still dont call it a 'breakdown' but do as you will...if it makes you feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra Skye18
Moving on, now while we are all entitled to our opinions (You calling her repulsive) its a FACT that Mariah had a comeback with her multiplatinum, Grammy Award winning and the BEST selling album of 05' 'The Emancipation of Mimi' one would have had to have been living under a rock to not know when that happened. As for the cover, Mariah isn't using an old photo for the cover of Playboy, those who are in charge of the magazine are the ones who decide on which photo to use (which may or may not be a year old...retracting from my previous post the inside photo's are not TEOM outtakes but rather past Allure pics).
as PrinceOfCats pointed out, i also live in a metropolitan city and didnt see anything pertaining to mariah carey's "explosive" comeback. maybe because i dont pay attention to such people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra Skye18
Whoa...Mariah paid David Lachapelle 85,000 for one photo? And which photo might that be since it isn't the Playboy cover which was shot by Markus Klinko and Indrani who did Mariah's TEOM album cover. Hmm...Also Mariah and David have worked together numerous times in the past- maybe at the start of their working collaborations she shelled out 85 Grand (lmao) for one of the many photo's she has shot with him. Mariah is impossible to work with? That is an interesting take from someone who has never worked with her but has 'heard' these things. Then again I find it interesting and a little bit sad that a mere celebrity can get one so riled up. *shrugs*
its a photo of her walking on a treadmill in some drag-queen platforms. i know david, and he couldnt stand taking her photograph as she's a total diva about everything, when really, just look at her, she has no reason to be. and i've heard it first hand. i'm really not "riled up" just because i call a spade a spade. reading internet "tone" can be mistaken though, so i guess i could see how it could be perceived as that, but really i was just commenting.




  Reply With Quote
04-02-2007
  33
tfs star
 
Libra Skye18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
This was a literary device known as 'ellipsis', unfortunately it made presumptions about the reader which turned out to not be true...
Mmm Hmm....Sure.

__________________
... Indifference is scary ~ Lady Gaga
  Reply With Quote
04-02-2007
  34
tfs star
 
Libra Skye18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna minor
i still dont call it a 'breakdown' but do as you will...if it makes you feel better.


Lmao...How cute. Makes me feel better? Odd, I actually happen to be one who is neutral on the matter. It was what it was. *shrugs*


as PrinceOfCats pointed out, i also live in a metropolitan city and didnt see anything pertaining to mariah carey's "explosive" comeback. maybe because i dont pay attention to such people.

Oh? Well your previous post sure did seem as if you payed much attention to Ms. Mariah Carey but hey if you say you don't ....okay.

its a photo of her walking on a treadmill in some drag-queen platforms. i know david, and he couldnt stand taking her photograph as she's a total diva about everything, when really, just look at her, she has no reason to be. and i've heard it first hand. i'm really not "riled up" just because i call a spade a spade. reading internet "tone" can be mistaken though, so i guess i could see how it could be perceived as that, but really i was just commenting.


Ahhh....Yeah that darn Mariah. You and David huh? Thats cool beans, I just find it a bit odd that he would work with her numerous times after this um incident but okay if thats what you say...cool. My apologies for mistaking your internet "tone" and the words repulsive & bitch lest I forget that darn little smilie. I can be so silly at times...





Skye.

__________________
... Indifference is scary ~ Lady Gaga
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, carey, march, mariah, playboy
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.