How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-05-2005
holy####ery

Good for her! I like her old, early 90's music and style much much more than today's. I don't mean to assume or make accusitions, but if she did indeed get a breast job, I think she needs to get rid of it. And also die her hair back to her natural brown. And smaller cheeks. And less flash. She didn't always used to look like now...

17-05-2005
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413
Anyone have a photo?
here's a pic of mariah from the legends ball (which alt styled her for)

barcode

Thanks kimair, wow, that dress does nothing for her and she does nothing for the dress. It doesn't look as fluid as it did on the runway, her boobs look massive, it's not a flattering silhouette for her, considering she's got a fairly curvy body a cleaner line would have looked much better, the gloves are too opera for me which in turn makes it look costumey, all in all it doesn't look like a McQueen gown at all, just a Miss America leftover.

I will give her this, her face and hair looks very pretty, I could live without so much length but it could have worked if the dress was simpler.....but, it is an improvement and I must give recognition for that.

The next time around I think she should go for a Narciso Rodriguez, it's sexy enough but totally covered up, very classic and it's good on pretty much any body type.

17-05-2005
tfs star

Thanks for posting the article.
I didn't care much for that particular gown on her at Oprah's Ball. Though she did look pretty face-wise. Anyways since the promotion of her latest album The Emancipation of Mimi, Mariah has been dressing much better. Really in my opinion its been the best she's looked since her Butterfly album days.

But with all of that being said, I would love it if she were to go back to a darker hair color & change up the hairdo overall. Perhaps something a little past shoulder length with bangs.

fashion insider

Im not keeping count but how may makeovers has she already had, doesn't she have them like everyday.

fashion icon

Here is the student with her teacher, at a Interview Magazine party :p

18-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyeightkeys
Good for her! I like her old, early 90's music and style much much more than today's. I don't mean to assume or make accusitions, but if she did indeed get a breast job, I think she needs to get rid of it. And also die her hair back to her natural brown. And smaller cheeks. And less flash. She didn't always used to look like now...

You're absolutely right! I always thought she was a beautiful girl in those days. Blonde is really not for her.

18-05-2005
tfs star

Congratulations!

They must have found each other, unstylish as they are both... I always wondered myself what Mr Talley had to say in terms of style - Youīll always see him with loads of bling-bling, fur and whatever looks expensive and luxe... dis-gus-ting!

18-05-2005
I loved you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuviel
You're absolutely right! I always thought she was a beautiful girl in those days. Blonde is really not for her.
I agree... that blonde hair has to go!

18-05-2005
backstage pass

^True. It would be nice to see her in something else than that blonde hair all the time. And even though she makes some horrible dress choices, she's still an amazing singer. =)

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuviel
Me three!

If I could only choose one aspect of her to makeover today, it would be to find her a supportive bra!! Let's hope Andre has that one coverd

18-05-2005
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413
The next time around I think she should go for a Narciso Rodriguez, it's sexy enough but totally covered up, very classic and it's good on pretty much any body type.
i agree with you spike...salma hayek wears narciso quite a bit, and she has a very curvy frame (like mariah) and always manages to look classy and sophisticated.

tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by moussemaker
Here is the student with her teacher, at a Interview Magazine party :p
thanks for posting that moussemaker! anyone know who that dress is by? it's better than most things i've seen her in!!

loaded and locked

ugh, he took the "horrible" out of the cutoff shorts and tube tops, and transferred them to designer dresses in the form of HUGE ruffles and tutu trains. i would never listen to one word of fashion advice from this man (not to mention i find his vogue articles so horribly full of nothing bu name-drops it puts me to sleep).

that pic of mariah in that suit the night she bumped into her ex was nice though

19-05-2005
backstage pass

She's just so exaggerated these days. Her hair is too muc. her boobs are too much. her clothers are too much. Etc.

She need to reel it back in.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeover, mariah