How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-04-2008
V.I.P.

A lot of the scandals that happen today would've destroyed the stars of Marilyn's era...I read in Joan Crawford's bio that naked (sexual) pictures of her existed and the photog that took them was trying to extort and her Louis Mayer at MGM, where she was contracted. A few weeks after he made these threats, his house was burned to the ground with the pictures and himself inside...eep...

Not to mention half the stuff Ava Gardner got away with...jesus...TMZ would've had a field day with her.

14-04-2008
I love model_mom!

This article is a little longer and goes into a bit more detail...from Reuters:

Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private

Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:45pm EDT
By Daniel Trotta
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A 15-minute film of Marilyn Monroe engaging in oral sex with an unidentified man will be kept from public view by a New York businessman who has bought it for $1.5 million, the broker of the deal said on Monday.
Memorabilia collector Keya Morgan said he recently arranged the sale of the silent, black-and-white film from the son of a dead FBI informant who possessed it to a wealthy Manhattan businessman who wants to protect Monroe's privacy.
"The gentleman who bought it said out respect for Marilyn he's not going to make a joke of it and put it on the Internet and try to exploit her," said memorabilia collector Keya Morgan. "That's not his intention and I would never get my name involved if that were to happen."
Monroe is clothed and the man's head remains out of the frame for the entire 15 minutes of the film, said Morgan, who watched it.
Monroe was rumored to have had an affair with U.S. President John F. Kennedy, and Morgan said then FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, a Kennedy rival, went to great lengths to try to prove it was Kennedy in the film.
One of Monroe's ex-husbands, the late baseball great Joe DiMaggio, once tried to buy it from the collector for $25,000 but "he would not part with it," according to FBI files on Monroe that are available on the FBI Web site.
Morgan is a well-known collector who owns memorabilia from the estates of Monroe and DiMaggio and said he was friends with Monroe's other two husbands, Jim Dougherty and Arthur Miller.
He said he learned of the existence of the film while working on a documentary about Monroe, who died in August 1962 at age 36. A former FBI agent told him about it, and Morgan said he confirmed it by tracking down the son of the FBI informant, who had provided a copy to the FBI.
"I thought the FBI agent was embellishing it for my documentary. I never believed it once until I pulled up the FBI document (referring to the film)," Morgan said.
The late informant's son had the original while the copy remains classified in the FBI files, said Morgan, whose deal was first reported by the New York Post on Monday.
"The FBI agent that I interviewed said J. Edgar Hoover was completely obsessed. A team of nine individuals were analyzing the tape inside a lab. J. Edgar Hoover brought in a few prostitutes who allegedly had been with President Kennedy and they tried to ... see if that was really President Kennedy."
An FBI spokesmen declined to comment except to point out the Monroe files available online, which refer to the film but make no mention of Hoover's purported interest.
(Editing by Sandra Maler)
© Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

V.I.P.

i wonder when we will get to see the lindsay lohan re-enactment...

14-04-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i wonder when we will get to see the lindsay lohan re-enactment...
LOL.....I'm sure she's working on it has we type.

backstage pass

^

backstage pass

I find this so eerie...I think it would be very odd if that ever became public. I think in the near future, we are going to take the old saying "Don't speak ill of the dead" and update it to "Don't release sex tapes of the dead." It's so weird that she is fully clothed in the tape...nowadays the gals like to be butt naked (why bother otherwise?)- oh how the times have changed.

and...I hope it IS JFK. hehe

rising star

If the sex tape was classified in the FBI files, in the 60s, shouldn't it be de-classified by now? I can't figure out how it would be a threat to national security.

15-04-2008
tfs star

^There's always sensitivity and various conspiracy theories shrouding the Kennedy's and Marilyn's death

clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Want_That_One View Post
I find this so eerie...I think it would be very odd if that ever became public. I think in the near future, we are going to take the old saying "Don't speak ill of the dead" and update it to "Don't release sex tapes of the dead." It's so weird that she is fully clothed in the tape...nowadays the gals like to be butt naked (why bother otherwise?)- oh how the times have changed.

and...I hope it IS JFK. hehe
It could be an oval office thing to keep the dress on If you think about it....it's easier to seem to have dropped something on the floor under a desk/table if you're fully dressed.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 15-04-2008 at 12:24 AM.
15-04-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloan View Post
Joe DiMaggio reportedly tried to buy the tape at one time as well, a long time ago.
he's such a class act. i've read bios on marilyn and majority of her friends regard Joe as the only person to really love her despite all the stuff that happened between them.

if the buyer wanted to protect her privacy, why not destroy the tape now that he owns it? therefore it will prevent any further attempts to release it in the future if it gets stolen or whatever.

15-04-2008
backstage pass

It does seem strange that he is keeping it but not destroying it - which makes me think he might release it later if he falls on hard times, etc., or he doesn't want to destroy it because it's a piece of history - everything is.

It'll probably be out online within a few years though

15-04-2008
tfs star

His is only a copy, if he destroys it the original still remains. It's not too hard to make another copy.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms-nietzsche View Post
His is only a copy, if he destroys it the original still remains. It's not too hard to make another copy.
then he's not protecting anyone if the original is not his. i guess then it's just for his own personal collection

15-04-2008
trendsetter

god some of the things the FBI must have locked away..

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms-nietzsche View Post
Yes, I was thinking that as well. It seems very possible that the original collector would have a copy... or even a few

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
marilyn, monroe, sex, tape