How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-03-2006
windowshopping

Matt LeBlanc, Wife Melissa Split
Mar 30, 2006 4:45pm EST
Thursday Mar 30, 2006 6:35pm EST (updated)By Stephen M. Silverman
CREDIT: JON KOPALOFF / FILMMAGIC

Former Friends star Matt LeBlanc, 38, and his wife, Melissa, 41, are divorcing, the couple announced Thursday.

"Melissa and Matt LeBlanc have decided to end their marriage of three years," the actor's rep, Joe Libonati, said in a statement. "The dissolution is amicable. They remain devoted parents and friends. For the sake of their family, they ask that their privacy be respected at this time."

According to legal documents filed by LeBlanc, the actor is seeking “dissolution of marriage” based on “irreconcilable differences.” He lists the couple's date of separation at Jan. 1, 2006, and requests joint legal custody of their 2-year-old daughter, Marina.

Melissa, a former model, has two other children from a previous marriage.

The pair were originally introduced in 1997 by actor Lou Diamond Phillips and his wife, Kelly. After a five-year engagement, Matt and Melissa were married on May 3, 2003, in Hawaii in front of 75 guests that included former costars Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow.

At the time of their marriage, a friend of the couple's told PEOPLE that they seemed perfectly suited. "They're really sweet together," said the friend. "He loves her and she loves him. It's very real."

From people.com

30-03-2006
just because I'm losing

Ok, this is going to sound strange but I had a feeling this might happen after Jen and Brad split. Call me crazy but I always thought there may be a chance Jen and Matt would get togther in real life at some point.

I know I'm a nutter!

fashion elite

I knew splitting was in their future when he "came out" with that whole stripper incident...in Canada, no?
Not that THAT alone would split them up...but it's just a pattern with celebs.

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Kind of a bummer. Still, I see three years as a short marriage..

31-03-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachyroo
Ok, this is going to sound strange but I had a feeling this might happen after Jen and Brad split. Call me crazy but I always thought there may be a chance Jen and Matt would get togther in real life at some point.

I know I'm a nutter!
You're not the only one

clever ain't wise

hmmm....I thought there was an incident with a chauffeur of his claiming that he'd been hired to get male pros for Matt? Denied by Matt, of course, but I think the driver passed a lie detector test. well, well, I bet that lap dance by the stripper came after the alleged trysts in the back seat, then.

01-04-2006
V.I.P.

Yeah I always hear that he's gay.

It's so sad about their daughter

01-04-2006
backstage pass

Who would have thought? With the way celebrity marriages are going these days, this doesn't surprise me. None of them do anymore. I feel for their child though that they have together.

clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BohemianBeauty22
Who would have thought? With the way celebrity marriages are going these days, this doesn't surprise me. None of them do anymore. I feel for their child though that they have together.
If they're responsible people it'll work out just fine. It's hard to tell from their sexual conduct if they're responsible from other respects.

03-04-2006
V.I.P.

WOW! This is so sad...celebrity marriages are becoming a joke. It seems like their relationships are all for publicity and furtherance of their careers.

03-04-2006
trendsetter

here's Ted's take so far:

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Awful/...06/060403.html

Got some Playboy Mansion antics below for ya, but first, wanted to let you know Matt LeBlanc's marriage demise is eerily similar to that of Matty's Friends costar Jennifer Aniston's. Timing-wise, that is.
Both starry unions (his to Melissa McKnight, hers to a dude named Brad Pitt) ended far before anyone in the public had a notion as to what might be derailing at home.
"[LeBlanc's] marriage ended so long ago," piped a Friends comrade, supertight both personally and professionally. "Just like with Brad and Jennifer--we all knew about this long before the public did. It's been a done deal for ages."

Maybe M.L.'s Joey travails took center stage with the couple, instead of their marriage? I doubt it. Obviously, the Friends crew is well aware of being so obsessively scrutinized they go overboard on the public-declaration biz, or lack thereof.
Personally, I think M.L. and M2 were doomed from the start--they're very different. More on that la-tuh in the week, because quite frankly, I feel it my due to inform you nosy folk about a Nashville duo who's also quite reluctant to let people know how they really feel...

03-04-2006
Fierce Flava

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsAreMade
I knew splitting was in their future when he "came out" with that whole stripper incident...in Canada, no?
Not that THAT alone would split them up...but it's just a pattern with celebs.
Stripper incident? Didn't that happen to Ben Affleck too then J.lo left him?

03-04-2006
windowshopping

Obviously I don't know if it's true or not, but on t.v. today they were saying they've been separated since early January.

03-04-2006
i'm almost ready..

its so disappointing to watch these celebrity couples split....one after the other....
and how tragic for the young children they have together....
i find it so irresponsible.....
seems they let fame get the best of them.....i always wonder how many of them would have succeeded had they been willing to step out of the limelight.....

03-04-2006
rising star

^^ It seems like that, but in normal couples the same thing happens all the time too, with people putting careers and themselves before their partner or children and they can't even blame the stress of the limelight on the splits.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
leblanc, matt, melissa, split, wife