How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
16-09-2009
  166
a hymn to darkness
 
wheneveriwakeup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: A lace utopia...
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,356
Why must women always be against each other? I don't remember anyone hating Angelina Jolie and I don't know too many women who despise Megan Fox either. However, I do find the treatment Ms. Fox receives on the internet to be quite disgusting and unfair, but I feel that way about most women in the industry... it's always a witch-hunt... just look @ poor Lindsay Lohan.

Megan Fox is attractive, for sure, but I find her beauty a little too harsh and angular personally. None of what she says in interviews is interesting, shocking, or packing in virility. She seems to just talk to talk, nothing wrong with that, but it's not edgy, just careless. I do wish she'd take herself a little more seriously and showcase qualities other than her looks and lack of tact, but then again, I guess that's apart of her appeal. I'm interested to see how her career turns out. I'm hoping she will surprise everyone and turn out to be this amazingly talented actress some day, esp. given the low standards ppl have placed upon her.

__________________
You are my center when I spin away...
 
 
16-09-2009
  167
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: somewhere in time
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,163
Lord. Here we go again. Poor Mega and Lindsay, queens of attention whoredom.


Last edited by Aoedele; 16-09-2009 at 09:56 PM.
 
16-09-2009
  168
V.I.P.
 
emailme.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,760
aoedele are you being sarcastic becuase i dont think megan is an attention whore at all.

She never put herself out there when she doesnt have anything to promote. She's not in the party scene or any hollywood functions. instead we see her out and about in not so fashionable(read:not attention seeking) attires. even more shes a self professed hermit who stay indoors all the time and paint.

so no i dont think she's an attention whore.

__________________
A blog about creative obsessions JERRLIFE: The Blog/ Follow/ Twitter/ Facebook
 
16-09-2009
  169
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: somewhere in time
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,163
She might not party or put herself in the media unnecessarily, but the stupid things she says, imo, screams look at me, love me, talk about me.

 
16-09-2009
  170
a hymn to darkness
 
wheneveriwakeup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: A lace utopia...
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,356
^ Much like Kanye, no?

Why is Kanye's behavior excusable in your book but Megan Fox is deemed as an attention whore for doing essentially the same thing?

__________________
You are my center when I spin away...
 
16-09-2009
  171
V.I.P.
 
emailme.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,760
aoedele i dont know how you can just disregard my points of her staying home, not partying, and only going out for press.

i also dont get your point because to me people cling on too much to what Megan says. She doesnt say things to get attention she says things because that was her reply to a question. Its the media who choose to make a big deal out of it. If youve seen her interviews shes not bizarre and bare no resemblance to lindsay.

When she referenced Michael Bay as Hitler all she was trying to say is that Michael wants a lot of work done in a short period of time which to me goes with Bay's reputation of getting things done fast. So really how is she insulting Bay when shes just reinforcing Bay's reputation in her own awkward way.

If she wanted attention she could make public statements to what she's being accused off and drag it on for publicity. She could go to the party scene, call the papz, not wear underwear, make a sex tape, wear wtf outfits, and have rumours of using drugs. But do you see her doing any of that? no. So it really bothers me when you can call her an attention whore when she does none of this.

__________________
A blog about creative obsessions JERRLIFE: The Blog/ Follow/ Twitter/ Facebook

Last edited by emailme.; 17-09-2009 at 12:01 AM.
 
17-09-2009
  172
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: somewhere in time
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailme. View Post
She doesnt say things to get attention she says things because that was her reply to a question.
Are you serious? The stupid things she says are not attention seeking? Talking about her sex life, bowel movements, and constantly contradicting herself, and a host of other silly things, are not attention seeking? Your definition is obviously different from mine.

Quote:
If she wanted attention she could make public statements to what she's being accused off and drag it on for publicity. She could go to the party scene, call the papz, not wear underwear, make a sex tape, wear wtf outfits, and have rumours of using drugs. But do you see her doing any of that? no. So it really bothers me when you can call her an attention whore when she does none of this.
Geezus, there are other ways to seek media attention. She hasn't done any of those things, good for her. But her asinine interviews are an example of her insecurity and approval seeking behavior.

 
17-09-2009
  173
V.I.P.
 
emailme.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,760
i wouldnt call her quotes stupid because they do make sense. Alot of people including myself say a lot of bizarre things but that doesnt make us attention seekers. Just because she's not politically correct, witty, and feisty doesnt make her an attention seeker. Its part of megan's persona to not give cookie cutter responses and people respond to that.

anyway youre entitled to my opinion and i to mine so lets put it at that.

__________________
A blog about creative obsessions JERRLIFE: The Blog/ Follow/ Twitter/ Facebook
 
17-09-2009
  174
fashion elite
 
lady B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Paris,France & Newcastle,UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchini View Post
And this is a new letter from another crew member, who gives his name.
hollywoodinsider.ew.com
Looks like someone is trying to keep his job

We all know that first letter was the truth.The second letter basically says it.It was just a "bad day".I don't even know,why this story is such a big deal.She's not the only bitchy celeb out there.And it's not like she was actually here to stay.This year was her year,next year will be someone's else.End of story.Let her enjoy her 15 minutes of fame,while she can.Leave her be !

 
17-09-2009
  175
backstage pass
 
Rachel_Tolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Gender: femme
Posts: 728
I dislike the Hitler comment, anyway, exactly for what mims said. Not a good thing to remember in an interview(I'm not trying to deny or simply forget it happened, ok?). But I don't see nothing completely shocking she said, except from that. There are a lot of people complaining too because she said she would kill Brian Austin Green, in the Rolling Stone interview. I honestly can't think of any woman who, in PMS, wouldn't feel like killing someone.

 
17-09-2009
  176
front row
 
mims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheneveriwakeup View Post
Why must women always be against each other? I don't remember anyone hating Angelina Jolie and I don't know too many women who despise Megan Fox either. However, I do find the treatment Ms. Fox receives on the internet to be quite disgusting and unfair, but I feel that way about most women in the industry... it's always a witch-hunt... just look @ poor Lindsay Lohan.
.
Um a lot of women hated angelina for the whole brad pitt/jennifer aniston break up. She may have redeemed herself to some, but she did have a large female fanbase to begin with. With all her charity work, she did gain some more followers (should I say), but some women hate her for supposedly being what they see as a homewrecker.

Lindsay Lohan, on the other hand, isn't poor Lindsay. That girl is messed up, but craves attention. that is her own fault, not one people should feel sorry for. Women do hate other women constantly, but girls like Lindsay and Megan are easier to hate, and I could understand why. I can't stand Lohan. I wish she would drop off the face of the earth, but I do like Megan. However, when women say they can't stand her, I get it. She talks about having no female friends, which usually implies that she seeks better company with men over her own gender, she says obnoxious things, she has that "look" of being all-mighty over all women. Like I said, I do like her, and I too can relate to her loud mouth, but sometimes she needs to shut her trap for her own good. She's becoming over-exposed with her quotes! More so than her work. If she really isn't like the Lohans of the world, she needs to do herself a favor and let the work speak first, not her private life. She's giving too much of her own personal details away, and how much discretion she chooses in an interview is her own choice! No one is telling her to answer questions with such honesty, she can choose to keep some details for herself. But people are literally getting too much quotes from her, over anything she has done work wise. I hope this doesn't affect her negatively in the long run. In the entertainment business, you need male AND female fans. People moved on from Jessica Alba in a snap since she kept giving sound bites that became annoying. Eventually people will find the next hot thing if females don't start embracing Megan Fox too.

 
17-09-2009
  177
front row
 
mims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
She might not party or put herself in the media unnecessarily, but the stupid things she says, imo, screams look at me, love me, talk about me.
I can see what you're saying here-you don't need to party to get attention. Interviews, especially now, are so common and useful for getting your name in the paper. I work for a music magazine, and the interviews some musicians give, the quotes can have people talking for a while. The media is a powerful resource, which all entertainers know. That is why some people use it, and others don't. Megan is not Christian Bale in terms of keeping things quiet. Bale doesn't do much TV interviews let alone magazines. Partying is not the only way to seek out attention, and if anyone thinks otherwise, they need to learn a thing or to about the other media sources. I'm not accusing Megan of being anything, but I do have to say you bring up a very good point.

 
17-09-2009
  178
front row
 
mims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel_Tolland View Post
I dislike the Hitler comment, anyway, exactly for what mims said. Not a good thing to remember in an interview(I'm not trying to deny or simply forget it happened, ok?). But I don't see nothing completely shocking she said, except from that. There are a lot of people complaining too because she said she would kill Brian Austin Green, in the Rolling Stone interview. I honestly can't think of any woman who, in PMS, wouldn't feel like killing someone.
Thank you
and i agree about the B.A.G comment. But for me, I just dislike BAG!!

 
17-09-2009
  179
backstage pass
 
Escale Cherie II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US
Gender: femme
Posts: 854
What is her boyfriend's name?

 
17-09-2009
  180
front row
 
mims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escale Cherie II View Post
What is her boyfriend's name?
B-Brian
A-Austin
G-Green
aka "BAG"

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fox, gossip, megan
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.