How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-07-2011
backstage pass

Oh, right. The kate's and Natalie's of Hollywood are exceptions. Natalie did a sex scence but it got her an oscar. Kate did a sex scene but It didn't make Titanic what it is today! It was part of a movie! It was sex! It was sold!

You guys are the ones who are editing the quotes - focusing on a very little part of it to give yourselves a reason to bash her!

And Now is the time you're analyzing her quote, right? After I've mentioned most of those young actresses aren't just smiling on our screens.

Mila, just appeared on the cover of gq but I guess her cover is more vogue-ish.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if you guys complain and bash Megan about saying Ok instead of Yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

19-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
You're the one editing her quote to suit your purpose.
The full sentence was, allow me to remind you:So what Megan is saying isn't a clever remark about how sex sell, or how movies often play up the attractiveness of their performers. She's saying that the sole purpose of actresses is to titillate the (male) audience, and that they should feel proud to be merely eye candy.

Again, that's a reductive, incorrect and misogynistic statement. It also shows that Megan clearly has no clue what being an actress is about, which certainly explains her career choices.I agree. He's the only thing that keeps me coming back because Megan really isn't that interesting at all.
Harumi, you are so right!! That comment is so stupid and vapid. I really think that she just says these things to get attention (or at least she used to do that, when it backfired on her she shut up).

Yes there are female "actors" in Hollywood whose sole purpose is to titilate but then we have Meryl Streep, Tilda Swinton, Kate Winslet etc who are Artists who elevate the moviemaking experience.

19-07-2011
V.I.P.

this thread...is just hilarious

Quote:
Originally posted by carmen kass

I agree with dreamss there, Kiera and Amanda are the object of many men's desires, even though Amanda is a little dumpy and Kiera has no cleavage.
Are you serious for saying that Amanda is little dumpy?!!?

check out her thread.

Quote:
I have no friends and I never leave my house.
Sad.

Quote:
Iím kind of a recluse. Iím a hermit and itís because I do have a great fear of Hollywood, just watching what it does to people. You have to be a really strong human being to survive it, as a girl especially. So I try to avoid the Hollywood scene as much as possible and people who enjoy the Hollywood scene ó thatís usually a red flag to me. Some people might think my life is boring, but I havenít been to rehab yet, so I think Iím doing something right!
I actually love the fact that she admit that she is hermit and
like to stay at home
and that she is not interested at all of hollywood scene.
This tells that she is actually smart.
Only stupid people party in hollywood scene!

And whoever said that Cate Blanchettīs face is plain...
WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?!

19-07-2011
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlgaMaria View Post
^^I'd also add that female sexuality is more degrading, because it doesn't belong to women - in the patriarchal society it was and still is defined by men's perscpective. Also when it comes to women, beauty is the most sought after quality, while men are more often appreciated for their talents, intelligence, achievements.

As for Megan many of her quotes don't translate well to print. She's actually very self-aware and often sarcastic. Also this particular quote could have been taken out of context.

I actually agree that the vast majority of actors, male and female, sell sex at one point of their careers. The difference is whether actor/actress has something more to offer. Megan unfortunately doesn't that's why she's reduced to an eye-candy.
I think Megan has something more to offer. She just doesn't know how to release herself from this contraption she's in.

Without going into it too much - I think a woman can be appreciated for being intelligent. But if she tries to combine that with beauty she will run into trouble. Of one sort or another.

19-07-2011
don't look down

If the film Titanic was about a woman selling sex on screen, then Belfast has certainly been missing a trick as to how to successfully promote an entire sector of the city that has been branded in the name of the ship. Then again, maybe there are already women busy doing so in those streets. They should be in movies! Because it seems that by some definitions, that is what actresses are, although I thought the habit of equating them to prostitutes was a relic of the past.
Posted via Mobile Device

19-07-2011
backstage pass

Uh. I'd like to quote Harumi: What bother me about Megan
statement is that she's implying
that being sex icon is the point
of being an actresses, when it's
clearly not. That's just
something that comes with the
job
, but thatisn't the job.

I think this just contradicted everything you guys have been saying.

You admit that sex comes with the job but you don't think what Megan said is true. She never said every project an actress does is about sex. What she merely meant was sex indeed comes with the job.And we can't deny it's selling.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by dreamss; 19-07-2011 at 07:54 AM.

19-07-2011
don't look down

No wonder people have to get botox - this would give me furrows in my brow.

20-07-2011
In Bloom

Just remember that a sex scene isn't necessarily sexy. Portman's scene in Black Swan was scary as hell.

we were in love

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

To even try and compare an Aronofsky or Stephen Daldry film to a Michael Bay one is ridiculous. In his blockbusters the women roles are reduced to tits and ***, they're all objects. In serious filmmakers and films women are actually portrayed as the complex human beings they are, and yes sex is part of it, as it is part of all human beings, but not all of it. I hope dreamssss will understand the difference someday.

20-07-2011
backstage pass

You guys, seriously I'm not a difficult person. I do get some of you're post and I understand them. But their are some ppl in here whose main purpose for visiting this thread is to degrade Megan. Like seriously, who'd look at Megan and say she looks like an Alien? I mean it takes a really great negative person to say things like that.

Are you guys willing to say what Megan said doesn't apply to most of those actresses? Oh wait you already have.

There are some posts I just can't accept. Because they're so false. But hey, there's room for all of us in this thread. So keep those post coming!
Posted via Mobile Device

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamss View Post
She never said every project an actress does is about sex.
Am I missing something? cause I think thatīs what she said in so many words...

"I think all women in Hollywood are known as sex symbols. Thatís what our purpose is in this business."

20-07-2011
backstage pass

My bad. Yea she's wrong, it's not all of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

20-07-2011
backstage pass

^^ im not agreeing with what she has said, because there are of course many actresses who are greatly successful and aren't selling sex (in my opinion a sex scene does not = selling sex if it is necessary and in context of the film).

but i don't think megan was implying that it is a good thing.. yes, she made a sweeping statement, but aside from that i don't think there is anything wrong in her having the opinion that BASED ON HER OWN EXPERIENCE women are treated like sex objects. in reality for many actresses (lets not forget that for every A list star there are hundreds below her) they are just treated as a prop and its quite sad. maybe thats just how megan feels. sure she shouldn't have generalised, but lets not act like her generalisation was a crime.

21-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamss View Post
Like seriously, who'd look at Megan and say she looks like an Alien?
i don't get, why people say that... actually to me, she is more beautiful now!! of course, she was beautiful in the past/by nature, she never needed these surgery. But her nose, lips etc. are very well done.

that's just my opinion (or my personal taste of beauty)

21-07-2011
backstage pass

i think the weirdest thing now is not her actual features, but her extreme paleness. i liked her tan and freckles. now she is just one colour all over. thats not just from not being in the sun, no matter how pale your freckles don't disappear (i know she still does have some freckles but they seem extremely faded.. i guess as a result of the chemical peels people have mentioned here). i think the blanket colour is what highlights the contours of her face more. i wonder if they would look less "alieny" (i don't think she looks like an alien btw) if she had her tan back.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fox, gossip, megan