Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #10 - Page 28 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
04-01-2018
V.I.P.

Do we actually know now who is behind this account?

04-01-2018
Saucy minx

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian zh View Post
I love Jean Paul Galliano!
My favorite designer

05-01-2018
V.I.P.

Looks like Markus has deleted his instagram account...
This was posted today by @shitmodelmgmt - they should probably vet their stories a bit better before posting...

Also from @shitmodelmgmt

rising star

I'm very concerned about the way **** Model Mgmt is going about this. By not vetting their sories properly, they're opening themselves up to liability - defamation and slander. Once that happens, the narrative will change, to those in power being "victims" by others who simply didn't make it in the industry or felt slighted and are holding on to grudges. It will then negate the real stories of the real victims.

I like that they're calling people out, I just want them to be more careful.

05-01-2018
void( )

^Agreed 100%.

But then the other scenario is also quite frustrating, where that model girl (forgot her name... very sorry about that) was publishing tons of stories without naming anyone. I remember her telling that she was trying to find a way to out all these predators without anyone being repressed or having negative repercussions. I hope she gets around with it because as we can see from what's happening, the only thing that seems to be working-ish (still waiting for Bruce Weber to be ruled out of the industry... just saying) is when non-anonymous sources name names.

05-01-2018
V.I.P.

^It's Cameron Russell

11-01-2018
rising star

Pretty sure Sh*t management have landed themselves in some hot legal whatever. Exactly what I predicted would happen, based on the way they were going about things. I hope they are able to fend off the lawsuits.

Scott Lipps is supposedly one of those suing.

11-01-2018
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDudeOverTher View Post
Pretty sure Sh*t management have landed themselves in some hot legal whatever. Exactly what I predicted would happen, based on the way they were going about things. I hope they are able to fend off the lawsuits.

Scott Lipps is supposedly one of those suing.
They said a while ago that Scott was the one suing. I want to believe that the others would stay away from bringing this more to light (Testino and Weber).

Just one question, as I really have no idea: what if she gets sued, she presents the accusations brought to her by other people, the court looks at the proof, decides to investigate the accusation and it gets proved on court? The truth of the actions matter on court? Can this backfire to the person suing? Not sure I'm explaining this well.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Ashley Graham speaks about her Terry Richardson experience

Tuesday, January 9, 2018, 6:45 PM

Model Ashley Graham told “The View” she had concerns about working with photographer Terry Richardson, but survived the experience unscathed.

“We did work together when I was 17, 18 years old and it is unfortunate all of the allegations that are coming out,” Graham told the hosts of the ABC talk show, expressing her sympathy for model Caron Bernstein, who told the Daily News last month that she was sexually assaulted by Richardson during a 2003 photoshoot. Richardson, now the target of a criminal investigation, insists his sex acts with models were all consensual.

“It was normal enough,” Graham said of her shoot with Richardson. But she says she was less fortunate during another shoot early in her career, in which a photo assistant cornered her in a closet and showed her his penis.

“He exposed himself and said look at what you did to me all day long,” she recalled. “Now touch it.”

When that happened, Graham says was afraid to speak up because the fashion industry might think it was her fault.

“If they found out he did that to me, I thought ‘I’m never going to get hired for a job again, I’m going to be ‘the difficult model’ and no one is going to want to work with me again.”

Now 30 years old and a lot wiser, Graham insists she would not allow herself to be treated that way.

“If I knew what I knew now and I knew all of these women were standing up and saying ‘me too,’ I would have smacked that guy and said ‘he's a pedophile,’ because I was 17."

Not only would Graham stand up for herself now. She's also got her fellow models’ backs.

“I’m going to watch out for my sisters on set,” she said.
Source: NYdailynews.com

12-01-2018
V.I.P.

I understand that every victim of harrasment/abuse deals with their experience in a different way but I wish that Graham would have given specific details about the photo assistant, if not a name. These creeps need to be exposed, imagine if they´re still doing it?

12-01-2018
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstefaniaAbaddon View Post
They said a while ago that Scott was the one suing. I want to believe that the others would stay away from bringing this more to light (Testino and Weber).

Just one question, as I really have no idea: what if she gets sued, she presents the accusations brought to her by other people, the court looks at the proof, decides to investigate the accusation and it gets proved on court? The truth of the actions matter on court? Can this backfire to the person suing? Not sure I'm explaining this well.
You have a good point. This is what happened with Harvey Weinstein. He was trying to blacklist, sue etc anyone who came out against him and call it slander. But the NYPD has a new protocol and is taking sexual harassment allegations very seriously even if it's just a lead or a tip.

12-01-2018
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
You have a good point. This is what happened with Harvey Weinstein. He was trying to blacklist, sue etc anyone who came out against him and call it slander. But the NYPD has a new protocol and is taking sexual harassment allegations very seriously even if it's just a lead or a tip.
Exactly. Victims get angrier and angrier if they see their abuser trying to get away with it or, worse, deny it. To sue someone is to call on all the victims to open their mouths.

I do hope, for everyone's sake, that Scott's accusations are fake because if not and if the victims start to come out, he'll go down fast and ugly.

I would only go to court if I was 100% clean. If not, well, you either bite the dust or just hide in shame (and get p*** slapped in the face at restaurants like Harvey).

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
I understand that every victim of harrasment/abuse deals with their experience in a different way but I wish that Graham would have given specific details about the photo assistant, if not a name. These creeps need to be exposed, imagine if they´re still doing it?
This! One of the things that annoys me about this whole movement is that there's not that many names being called out... all these events and situations are being brought forward but not who is starting them.

Is it because if they name somebody they'll get sued?

I get some of them are waiting to testify in court, but I still think some people can call out names.

It annoyed me a while ago when the Weinstein scandal was in full bloom there was I think the Elle Women awards or event like that and Jennifer Lawrence just recalled that she had gone through some sort of situation with producers earlier in her career but she didn't name anyone, just that she went though a similar thing like others have, that it must stop and how everyone now is united and we need to hear everyone out. C'mon...

13-01-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
The Time´s Up fund exists also for this reason, so that women can come forward and have legal counsel. So if you have money and people backing you up, it takes that burden off.

13-01-2018
Saucy minx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
This! One of the things that annoys me about this whole movement is that there's not that many names being called out... all these events and situations are being brought forward but not who is starting them.

I get some of them are waiting to testify in court, but I still think some people can call out names.

It annoyed me a while ago when the Weinstein scandal was in full bloom there was I think the Elle Women awards or event like that and Jennifer Lawrence just recalled that she had gone through some sort of situation with producers earlier in her career but she didn't name anyone, just that she went though a similar thing like others have, that it must stop and how everyone now is united and we need to hear everyone out. C'mon...
I'm curious ... Has anyone ever treated you badly, and are you willing to go public with every detail--names, times, places, exactly what happened? Are you willing to put your private business out there to be picked over by every member of the public?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #10, behavior, model, post, posting, read