Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #10 - Page 29 - the Fashion Spot
 
How to Join
13-01-2018
  421
backstage pass
 
orchidee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: USA
Gender: homme
Posts: 913
^EXACTLY! We need to stop being critical about victims. The fact that they speak up at all is a step in the right direction. The reason why those predators who have been exposed so far are being punished is partly because they have numerous accusers.

What if these unnamed predators end up only having one accuser? Would they be held accountable to the extent that serial offenders like Weinstein have been thus far? It's less likely. And that is a risk that these victims don't want to take because then they end up putting all their cards on the table to be scrutinized.

  Reply With Quote
13-01-2018
  422
V.I.P.
 
Benn98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bbbrrruummiiee
Gender: homme
Posts: 14,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidee View Post
What if these unnamed predators end up only having one accuser? Would they be held accountable to the extent that serial offenders like Weinstein have been thus far? It's less likely. And that is a risk that these victims don't want to take because then they end up putting all their cards on the table to be scrutinized.
But what's the point of even opening your mouth and saying 'MeToo' in this stream of conversation then? In addition to establishing that abuse in the fashion industry is rampant, I should hope that many would also want wrongdoers to be brought to justice. When you don't want to name names you run the risk of sending others into peril because the perp is still free to do as he pleases.

  Reply With Quote
14-01-2018
  423
V.I.P.
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 16,192
^ They may be naming names elsewhere, to journalists or law enforcement. Just because it's not on Instagram doesn't mean they're keeping it to themselves necessarily ...

These are not simple facts ... this is far more personal and destructive than say, a hit and run car accident. The survivors have the right to determine how they're going to handle their experience. I imagine you watched the video of Uma Thurman, who to my knowledge hasn't yet spoken. She made it clear that she will speak when she's ready.

__________________
There's a need for more individuality today, and my job is to cater to women, not dictate to them.
--Alber Elbaz
  Reply With Quote
14-01-2018
  424
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,818
I completely agree, fashionista-ta!
To be perfectly honest, if something happened to me in my toxic work environment (academia), I'm not entirely sure if I would come forward.

  Reply With Quote
16-01-2018
  425
V.I.P.
 
Mea Culpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Left Coast
Gender: femme
Posts: 12,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ They may be naming names elsewhere, to journalists or law enforcement. Just because it's not on Instagram doesn't mean they're keeping it to themselves necessarily ...

These are not simple facts ... this is far more personal and destructive than say, a hit and run car accident. The survivors have the right to determine how they're going to handle their experience. I imagine you watched the video of Uma Thurman, who to my knowledge hasn't yet spoken. She made it clear that she will speak when she's ready.
This. This entirely!
Thank you!

(can't give you karma currently but you deserve it!)

__________________
"there's no design, your flaws are fine"
Status: Online
 
Reply With Quote
08-02-2018
  426
V.I.P.
 
Benn98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bbbrrruummiiee
Gender: homme
Posts: 14,179
Oh Kate,


  Reply With Quote
08-02-2018
  427
backstage pass
 
russianelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Estonia
Gender: homme
Posts: 762
Wow the delusional tweens saying she's jealous of gigi, cuz she's better than her... The disrespect... they need to wash their mouths with soap.

__________________
Wanna trade magazines?
russianelf @ tumblr
  Reply With Quote
08-02-2018
  428
V.I.P.
 
StoneSkipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brazil
Gender: homme
Posts: 6,767
The most problematic part of that picture is Testino let's be honest

  Reply With Quote
08-02-2018
  429
V.I.P.
 
happycanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,097
hahaha i love the shade in that photo!!

__________________
Current favs: Joan. Karlie. Gigi. Imaan. Maria Borges. All-time fav: Karolina Kurkova.
  Reply With Quote
08-02-2018
  430
tfs star
 
EstefaniaAbaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
The most problematic part of that picture is Testino let's be honest
It was before the scandal. It dates January 11th.

__________________
*MariaCarla Boscono*Kristen McMenamy*Guinevere Van Seenus*
  Reply With Quote
08-02-2018
  431
V.I.P.
 
StoneSkipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brazil
Gender: homme
Posts: 6,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstefaniaAbaddon View Post
It was before the scandal. It dates January 11th.
Well, serves me right for not checking. Thank you for the correction.

  Reply With Quote
08-02-2018
  432
backstage pass
 
YohjiAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Mexico City
Gender: homme
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianelf View Post
Wow the delusional tweens saying she's jealous of gigi, cuz she's better than her... The disrespect... they need to wash their mouths with soap.
Better at keeping her mouth open maybe...That's why we should keep drugs out of the reach of young people.

  Reply With Quote
09-02-2018
  433
V.I.P.
 
Littleathquakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NJ
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
hahaha i love the shade in that photo!!
Would you believe that it took me a few seconds to realize what was happening? But when I did I LIVED

  Reply With Quote
10-02-2018
  434
V.I.P.
 
dsamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Adelaide
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,451
I'm very sure that Kate doesn't run the agency account herself anyway.

  Reply With Quote
10-02-2018
  435
V.I.P.
 
eizhowa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norway
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
I'm very sure that Kate doesn't run the agency account herself anyway.
I would be shocked if she did. It is very unpersonal and the occatioal replies left on comments makes it seem like it is purely run by her team.

__________________
Sure. I'm decent.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #10, behavior, model, post, posting, read
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2018 All rights reserved.