How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-03-2010
V.I.P.

That is so rude.. And the most annoying thing is that the models can't say anything harsh about it because that can cost them jobs aswell.

I'm not a fan of this attitude but sometimes it really helps to have strong male friends. I know, shame on me. But it is a very nice thought.

11-03-2010
fashion elite

at Givenchy!!! What a rude thing to do!!! Fashion suck sometimes...

11-03-2010
front row

Model Behavior. I hadn't seen these videos posted anywhere.

12-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Supermodel Rie Rasmussen gave a furious tongue-lashing to fashion photographer Terry Richardson at a Paris fashion event and accused him of exploiting young models.
Bisexual beauty Rasmussen -- a vocal advocate of women's rights -- told Richardson she believes he abuses his power to put young girls into compromising positions.
Horrified Richardson quickly fled the March 8 party at club Le Montana in St. Germain and called her agency, One Management, the next day to complain, she told us.
The model and artist -- in Paris for the release of "Human Zoo," which she directed -- told us she was upset Richardson used her picture in his "Terryworld" book alongside shots of half-naked young girls depicted as performing sex acts.
"He takes girls who are young, manipulates them to take their clothes off and takes pictures of them they will be ashamed of. They are too afraid to say no because their agency booked them on the job and are too young to stand up for themselves.
"His 'look' is girls who appear underage, abused, look like heroin addicts . . . I don't understand how anyone works with him."
Rasmussen said: "I told him what you do is completely degrading to women. I hope you know you only [bleep] girls because you have a camera, lots of fashion contacts and get your pictures in Vogue.
"Instead of arguing with me, Terry ran out of the bar. Then the next day, he called my agency and complained I called him names in front of clients in Paris. It was the most cowardly thing I have ever seen."
New York-born Richardson -- seen mugging with President Obama on his Web site -- has photographed Leonardo DiCaprio, Lindsay Lohan and Jay-Z.
Richardson said in 2004: "I don't like to exploit anybody. Everyone has fun on my shoots." Richardson, his agent, manager and assistant did not return calls or e-mails. A rep at his agency, Art Partner, told us: "I don't know anything about this. Terry is on a plane from Paris."
nypost

12-03-2010
V.I.P.

Wow, kudos to Rasmussen, thats like the bravest thing ever
And about Terry... I can only agree, such a coward

12-03-2010
fashion elite

^^ posted the same under the terry thread a while ago!

12-03-2010
trendsetter

I can't believe someone said it i'm in awe.

12-03-2010
V.I.P.

Finally! Good on Rie!
I find Terry to be revolting. I don't like his work at all, and I can't stand his persona either. Just googling the dude makes me sick.

12-03-2010
V.I.P.

^That's amazing of Rie, especially to start up a conversation like that at a club/party.

12-03-2010
fashion insider

Refreshing to see a model stick up for herself!

12-03-2010
fashion elite

THANK YOU RIE! FINALLY SOMEONE ACTUALLY SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT THAT PERV'S "WORK".I can't believe Abbey defended herself as wanting "to be in a thong on a pile of mud." He isn't in fashion,he's in exploiting.

12-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Horrified Richardson quickly fled the March 8 party at club Le Montana in St. Germain and called her agency, One Management, the next day to complain, she told us.
I think that it's interesting that Terry Richardson called Rie Rasmussen's agency, perhaps I am reading too much into it, but this seems like a form of power playing and somewhat confirms the coercion / exploitation suspicion that many have had about several individuals and groups in the fashion industry and Terry Richardson, in particular. The suspicion is that if the model balks at how she is being treated, then not only can she face reprisals but perhaps her agency as a whole, especially if it is one of the smaller agencies.

I am becoming ambivalent about Terry Richardson, I used to be very anti-Terry in terms of work that he has done that I consider in poor taste and his exploitation of young models. I have moderated my views somewhat because it is clear that there are established models like Abbey Lee and Eniko who are working with him on their own accord. I guess where I stand now is that Terry has enough members in his Freak Cult, not only for his own personal pleasure but also to serve as muses for his hyper-sexed - gratuitously nude editorials that he can lay off putting young girls who are new to the business in compromising positions.

BTW, does anyone know how well the Pirelli calendar that Richardson photographed did?

Last edited by agee; 12-03-2010 at 01:50 PM.

12-03-2010
fashion elite

I don't want to know how many people bought that calendar of pervert shots...
Wish more models would speak out like Rie, but then again she's doesn't really work too much so she doesn't have a career/covers/eds hinging on her public behavior.

12-03-2010
tfs star

terry richardson and juergen teller have been veiling incompetent photography as art mainly because of the magazines that publish them. . .

12-03-2010
tfs star

I have never understood her artistic abilities. This may sound irrelevant and ignorant, but to me his work is just poor photographing. I truly believe that most of the girls accept to be photographed like that just because of his status as high profile person in fashion, and because they are told it is "high fashion" and art. I am at the age I can decide and tell what feels right or wrong to me, but I wasn`t at the age of 18. So I can only wonder what these young models think..

But Terry`s status is good cover, now he can do probaly exactly what he wants. Come on, he is old (and quite ugly) man. Working with gorgeous young girls..Putting them to questionable positions. I don`t find it very hard to get to the same conclusion which Rie has got. I am happy she spoke out.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #2, behavior, model, post, posting, read