Model Behavior? [Read post #1 before posting] #4 - Page 11 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-04-2011
tfs star

i agreee with the chanel critique... personally, i don't find her to being very talented, nor in demand for the hf world
so for someone who is PAID to market and sell a product, not to mention having english as your first language, she should be able to blow us away
unfortunately, it never worked, atleast with me
she usually just carries herself like a very ditzy, spoiled teenager

09-04-2011
V.I.P.

Naomi being Naomi at 0:48

09-04-2011
backstage pass

That interview was awful, I'm not Chanel's fan but sometimes she can speak really well.
Regarding Gisele, first of all she's one of the best payed and most popular models in the world she can allow herself to be treated better and second of all, I don't thing she's so bad to be screaming just with no reason, it's just one person opinion,and that person may hate Gisele and love Heidi. She can be a bit arrogant, but it's all about her status. And every person can get mad or angry. We don't know the reasons why she was screaming there.

Last edited by Niusity; 09-04-2011 at 05:08 PM.

10-04-2011
V.I.P.

I don't think status should be a factor on how you treat people. Regardless if you feel you should be getting something more than someone else, there are other ways to go about it than to yell and shout about it.

10-04-2011
V.I.P.

^I agree. It just seems primitive and ungrateful. True greatness comes with a fine sense for kindness and humbleness.

10-04-2011
V.I.P.

^^I agree. She's a supermodel, she didn't just find cure for cancer. And even then, it doesn't give you right to be obnoxious and treat people badly.

10-04-2011
fashion icon

^ and ^^: Amen.

11-04-2011
fashion elite

Was Naomi really treating him badly? All I saw is her letting the assistant know that she didn't need him to show her how to do something...

11-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelWhore4 View Post
Was Naomi really treating him badly? All I saw is her letting the assistant know that she didn't need him to show her how to do something...
She was letting him know she didnt need him to show her how to model confident and bold - no need to coach Naomi in posing. That's all she barely raised her voice.

11-04-2011
backstage pass

she wasn't yelling and screaming as per her usual episodes but she was still very rude.

11-04-2011
fashion elite

How is that rude?

12-04-2011
tfs star

^ yeah, i guess not rude by definition. she remained fairly professional from what it looks like.. but still, it wasn't really being rude to her, and bring the photographer, he does hold the right to direct the model to be able to capture the shot he wants right.

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermodel View Post
^ yeah, i guess not rude by definition. she remained fairly professional from what it looks like.. but still, it wasn't really being rude to her, and being the photographer, he does hold the right to direct the model to be able to capture the shot he wants right.
I do understand that but not to downplay his importance but it seems that guy was a stylist. There were two main photographers there already - Markus and Indrani. Even the Markus was embarrassed by and for the guy, and at the end the Markus didn't even want the guy to hold his camera to take a group shot I get he is all about how the clothes look and fixing them but still how would you like someone 'stepping in' to tell you how to do your job.

Last edited by |BellaDonna|; 12-04-2011 at 12:14 PM.

12-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelWhore4 View Post
How is that rude?
imagine them as two people in an office or at the grocery store, not "the famous supermodel and the piddling commoner". her tone, her air of superiority, both were uncalled for and by the book rude. and he was clearly just trying to be helpful

For example, I was in the subway today trying to get the machine that recharged my metro card to give me a receipt, which it usually gives you the option to do but for some reason didn't this time. A man waiting to use it behind me thought that I didn't know that the money I put on there had been added to my card and was showing me on the machine that is had been, etc. etc.

Instead of saying in a terse bitchy voice "you don't need to show me how to do it, just tell me from over there" I responded "thank you! but I was trying to get the receipt" with a smile and a friendly tone because he was clearly just trying to help me.

Do I have the right to bitch at him even though I definitely know how to use a simple machine? should I be offended that he wanted to help me? no. and naomi doesn't have the right to be rude to that stylist either.

it's just simple common courtesy.

Last edited by 99 Apples; 12-04-2011 at 02:03 PM.

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

I think the simple fact that he felt he needed to tell what to do speaks for itself, but whatever.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #4, behavior, model, post, posting, read