How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-09-2011
fashion icon

in brasil it's portuguese i believe, i dont know if she speaks spanish anja rubik doesn't hang with all polish models backstage so.... you dont have to hang with your natives, that's not a sin

23-09-2011
fashion insider

Yeah,they speak portuguese in Brazil. She might be able to understand a bit of spanish,though.Both languages are similar
Refering to the german speaking people in the industry I think she might be refering to Juergen Teller ,Peter Lindbergh and other german photographers and such?
About hanging out with other brazilians...I think she's very good friends with Trentini,no? and as far as I know when she goes to Brazil to do the animale show she only stays for one day or two,no? I don't blame her, she probably has a lot of press over her asking for an interview so she doesn't have a lot of time to get to know the other girls...
I also remember that when someone asked her if she had favorite new brazilian models she said that Daiane Conterato was a face to watch and that she really liked her

Last edited by Unknownpleasures; 23-09-2011 at 12:26 PM.

23-09-2011
fashion icon

Its crazy how models from Brazil are so ethnically different, but they are some of the best out there. If a baby is born in Brazil, it is bound to be gorgeous
Posted via Mobile Device

23-09-2011
fashion icon

Racquel looks more like an Eastern European than a typical Brazilian bombshell. But, there must be something that hinders her from hanging out with Brazilian models. It's just my opinion.

23-09-2011
fashion insider

so about this charlote free girl.. i think it's pretty well known that she's a stoner
but today she made a really big deal and called people out when she realized someone had posted screen captures of her smoking a blunt that she claims someone leaked ,except my sources say she posted them herself on her public youtube account
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls...twzlo1_500.png
when someone from tumblr confronted her about this she said this
Quote:
if you put anything on ur blog of me with a bong delete it asapthank you .. think about my career. im a proud stoner but i dont need that circulating
She also said that she was only interested in modeling because she needed to money to save animals
ok

Last edited by Unknownpleasures; 23-09-2011 at 07:12 PM.

23-09-2011
V.I.P.

I sound like a desparate anti but I wish she was never scouted by IMG

23-09-2011
fashion insider

"no drama - save it fo yo mama"

23-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelineo View Post
Caroline, Giselle, and Isabeli do not look Brazilian. You can tell that their ancestry is European.
They are all from the south of Brazil, most people on the south have european ancestry, Brazil is just as diverse as the United States, Fernanda Tavares, Adriana Lima, Emanuela de Paula represent the north/northeast better, you see the european looking brazilians are from the south. And yes Raquel is good friends with Caroline Trentini.

Check out this picture:

nytimes.com

23-09-2011
V.I.P.

^yeah, there are big german colonies in the south of Brazil (and the north of Argentina)...

what happened with Arizona´s knee? something about her fainting backstage?

23-09-2011
tfs star

Thank you Thiago Mello for that map!

Yeah, Raquel didnt' ever seem close to any of the Brazilian girls, not even Isabeli, who's been modeling just as long as her. I do find it strange that she doesn't hang out with the Brazilian girls as much.

Yes, they speak Brazilian Portuguese in Brazil. Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish is very similar, more often than not many Brazilians could speak some Spanish. I'm sure Raquel does. Yes, in Brazil there are hundreds of different nationalities, many coming from Germany, Italy, and Portugal of course, even as far as Japan, and also Africa.

24-09-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownpleasures View Post
so about this charlote free girl.. i think it's pretty well known that she's a stoner
but today she made a really big deal and called people out when she realized someone had posted screen captures of her smoking a blunt that she claims someone leaked ,except my sources say she posted them herself on her public youtube account
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls...twzlo1_500.png
when someone from tumblr confronted her about this she said this

She also said that she was only interested in modeling because she needed to money to save animals
ok
lol i saw that happen. she's incredibly immature

24-09-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kournikov View Post
Thank you Thiago Mello for that map!

Yeah, Raquel didnt' ever seem close to any of the Brazilian girls, not even Isabeli, who's been modeling just as long as her. I do find it strange that she doesn't hang out with the Brazilian girls as much.

Yes, they speak Brazilian Portuguese in Brazil. Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish is very similar, more often than not many Brazilians could speak some Spanish. I'm sure Raquel does. Yes, in Brazil there are hundreds of different nationalities, many coming from Germany, Italy, and Portugal of course, even as far as Japan, and also Africa.
and poland, see Francisco L.

24-09-2011
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0del View Post
lol i saw that happen. she's incredibly immature
Still, it happens....Celia Hammond (one of the top 5 models of the 60s) did just that.

24-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Still, it happens....Celia Hammond (one of the top 5 models of the 60s) did just that.
That's almost as shocking as that one 70's supermodel who tried singing live at Studio 54 while high as a kite, and passed out within the first ten seconds.

24-09-2011
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Linkens View Post
That's almost as shocking as that one 70's supermodel who tried singing live at Studio 54 while high as a kite, and passed out within the first ten seconds.
Yeah, I was referring to Celia's animal foundation that she created years after she broke up with her rock star beau. Was the model you're referring to Janice Dickinson? I guess a lot of people must have done that.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 24-09-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #4, behavior, model, post, posting, read