How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-02-2012
V.I.P.

Someone should tell Charlotte that she shouldn't believe he's 'somebody' important in the industry, she is popular for have pink hair and be photographed by Terry Richardson occasionally. She's really immature and absurd.

15-02-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
For accuracy´s sake, she applied some of the makeup. There are pics backstage where someone else is putting makeup on her
And I don´t find this particular thing to be so diva of her, we always see lots of models applying makeup on themselves backstage. I think some makeup artists do the most important stuff and let the seasoned models finish the rest so that they could move to the next model...
yeah, i saw a pic too.. well, actually in the style.com's blog post it says that she applied most of the makeup, i guess the pics are from the other least

and i don't think that what you say was the reason because there were other supermodels like KK or Shalom, and Gisele was the only one who did it..
i think it's not right that the crew have to convince a model to be styled like everybody else

15-02-2012
V.I.P.

^I meant that this is not the first time a model applies her own makeup, there are tons of backstage pics of them doing so and we don´t think they´re divas, do we?

15-02-2012
tfs star

^You see this in every backstage, it actually saves a lot of time from make up artists. Applying foundation is really something you would expect a seasoned model able to do especially with instructions. And can`t believe she has problems with ppl touching her face, I`m sure her every body part has been touched by hundreads of styling team members like million times

And if we make a big deal about something like this,n as well we could twist this around and say, hey, Karolina and Shalom were so divas that they didn`t even wanted to touch the brushes, everything must had been made ready for them :p

15-02-2012
hors concours♛

don't know if this was posted, about the 90s Supermodels

Anna Sui Spills On '90s Supermodel Diva 'Tude

American designer Anna Sui has been in this business for a very long time. So long that she lived — and can clearly recall — the days when supermodels reigned supreme. In her own words, it was a whole different time:

"It was the most terrifying thing to do fittings with supermodels, because they would come in and look at your Polaroid board, and count how many outfits they had, what order they came out in and who were they next to. They would say things like, 'She is taller than me and I am not coming out after her,' 'How come she has three outfits and I only have two' and 'I want that outfit.' They'd literally pull the Polaroid off the board and say they want to wear this. There was a reason they were supermodels, though. When they put on an outfit, everyone was floored."

She goes on about how nowadays it's all about the look and less about the personality. Back in the 1990s the girls ruling the catwalks had personalities as loud as the outfts they wore. Do you miss those supermodel days of Cindy, Naomi, Claudia, Christy, Elle and Linda? I sure do! Take a look at the ulitmate ode to the 90s supermodel — George Michael's Freedom. Oh yeah.

http://www.fabsugar.com.au/Designer-...wford-11804340

15-02-2012
V.I.P.

yes i remember that..

15-02-2012
fashion icon

Whatta brat?! Hahaha! Anyway, as long as they sell the clothes, it doesn't really matter. Poor Anna though..

15-02-2012
V.I.P.

that Article just came in time with the Giselle-Wang thing,she is not a Diva she is just a Supermodel!

15-02-2012
V.I.P.

^That article was around a long time ago , so

15-02-2012
V.I.P.

For a lot of models it comes a moment in their careers when they no longer need to do runway so imo it´s understandable that they want to control whatever they can: hair&makeup, the outfits, the shoes. Specially cause at this point they´re managing their image, they´re not exactly a blanc canvas anymore. I think a designer would know it comes with the territory...
I don´t find this attitude to be of a diva. eg with Gisele in Wang, she walked the runway styled as the rest even though she tried to get her way, the ultimate decision is the designer´s and she accepted it. imo a diva would have refused to walk the runway if she didn´t get her way, know what I mean?

15-02-2012
V.I.P.

A bit of drama between Sophia Neophitou (Victoria's Secret) and Kate Upton (Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Issue cover girl)

Sophia Neophitou said this about Kate in the NY Times
Quote:
Those dubious about Ms. Upton’s crossover potential, or of any career driven toward the stony heart of fashion from the do-it-yourself fringes of the blogosphere, include Sophia Neophitou, editor of the English style bible 10 and a creative force behind the casting of the Victoria’s Secret shows.

“We would never use” Ms. Upton for a Victoria’s Secret show, Ms. Neophitou said by telephone last week from London. And, while Ms. Upton has, in fact, modeled on occasion for the company’s catalog, her look, said Ms. Neophitou, is “too obvious” to be featured in what has become the most widely viewed runway show in the world.

“She’s like a Page 3 girl,” Ms. Neophitou said, referring to the scantily clad voluptuous women featured in The Sun, a London tabloid. “She’s like a footballer’s wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy.”

Then Kate responded on her Twitter
Quote:
I wanted to thank Neophitou from @VictoriasSecret 4using my face as inspiration 4 her next plastic surgery appointment
Quote:
Sophie luvI can tell u took it personally that I didn't even cast to be in your fashion show but I had a previous commitment with Si #sorry

15-02-2012
backstage pass

wow. she comes across as a real B.....
it is fine to have an opinion, or not cast a model, but that is extremely unprofessional to trash someone like that. i assume there is much more to the story??

and if she thinks upton is too 'footballers wife' that i sfine, but what about kylie bisutti... she was the tackiest girl to ever walk VS imo!

16-02-2012
front row

Haha, they're both bishes.

16-02-2012
backstage pass

ohhhh snap!!! hahaha

16-02-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizahippie View Post
Haha, they're both bishes.
Agreed. Upton's twitter comment was equally obnoxious.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, behavior, model, post, posting, read