How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-02-2012
rising star

i agree with what she says about kate upton but 1. you work for victorias secret...as jezebel said, its not fugging givenchy. 2. you will still never be as beautiful as her. 3. look at half the bitches you cast for vs. the ratio of chicks that look semi equine and kind of old (and thats after surgery)/bobble headed child with fake tits, to those that are actually beautiful, is very skewered.
people in glass houses that sell really trashy underwear shouldnt throw stones.

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

some of you need to do your research. you may dislike Sophia Neophitou, but it's not like she is just the casting director for Victoria's Secret, she has also worked as a fashion editor and stylist for several very reputable publications. this is no reason to complain about Victoria's Secret

I'm not defending what she said, because it was rude. But Kate Upton should have just left it alone, instead she stooped to Sophia's level and is as equally obnoxious as Sophia.

16-02-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
this is no reason to complain about Victoria's Secret
lol. are you kidding? theres no reason NOT to complain about it. although i am not complaining; merely observing the bleeding obvious.

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

Who's that Upton girl? Is she famous??
I have to laugh at this Charlotte Free or whatever her name is, she's just a pathetic immature girl, she thinks she's great but she irrelevant to fashion world, someone has a little paranoia! What she needs is a mental institution!

17-02-2012
tfs star

Who is Charlotte Free?, lol.

Kate Upton is the newest Sports Illustrated covergirl, pretty big deal here in the US. She's got serious beef with that Sophia girl though, lol.

People need to quit bagging on VS, no it's not a high designer brand like Chanel, Louis Vuitton, or Givenchy, but still it's a brand, a brand that is a HUGE deal here in the US, that has made models careers, and is one of the most high paying, best advertisting out there for models.

Gisele bundchen is THE ultra Supermodel, she's worked hard to get where she got, if she wants to put on her own make up, so be it.

17-02-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
For a lot of models it comes a moment in their careers when they no longer need to do runway so imo it´s understandable that they want to control whatever they can: hair&makeup, the outfits, the shoes. Specially cause at this point they´re managing their image, they´re not exactly a blanc canvas anymore. I think a designer would know it comes with the territory...
I don´t find this attitude to be of a diva. eg with Gisele in Wang, she walked the runway styled as the rest even though she tried to get her way, the ultimate decision is the designer´s and she accepted it. imo a diva would have refused to walk the runway if she didn´t get her way, know what I mean?
ok, Gisele might not be a diva at the level of those supermodels described by Anna Sui (as far as we know) but i think we can agree that she's a difficult one,
imo nothing justifies to do whatever you want at shows, it's obnoxious and disrespectful to the designer and the crew.. if she doesn't like to deal with it then she shold stop doing shows completely!

i also randomly read this a while ago:
Quote:
Tom Pecheux, the backstory behind estée lauder's first-ever front man
Ten years ago, makeup artist Tom Pecheux had a distressed Gisele Bündchen in his chair backstage at the Prada Spring 2001 show in Milan. The face painter was giving models fluorescent red lips and nothing else, and Bündchen—who preferred contours and mascara to bright pouts at the time—wasn't pleased. "I told her we'd try it and if she didn't like it, I'd tell Miuccia Prada myself that she would be the one girl in the whole show who didn't have to wear it," Pecheux recalls. With Bündchen's famous face in his hands, Pecheux painted on the red pigment while sneaking in a slight cheek contour to make the lip color work for her angular features (and her self-image), thus sending her happily down the runway.
style

Last edited by Lee MG Tisci; 17-02-2012 at 03:35 AM.

17-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Agreed. Upton's twitter comment was equally obnoxious.
Second that.

While I agree with Sophia N. and can see what she meant but Kate's behaviour is trashy and unclassy. If she would have been polite she would have just ignored that mention and moved on without "feeling the urge to reply".

When you have about 35 models in a show you have to be picky about who to cast. Sorry, Kate, but even better models and way prettier/better bodies got cut too lol. Yeah they do some mistakes sometime (coughKyliecough) but I still agree with Sophia on Miss Upton.

ETA: And yeah Gisele definitely gives off diva vibes. I love her as a model and do think she is doing some good things as a person too but Ill never be a fan of her as a person ( well from what Ive seen, heard and read so far of course).

Last edited by Juliax; 17-02-2012 at 06:42 AM.

17-02-2012
hors concours♛

I think people forget that some models are not going to get report cards every little second because half of the world doesn't even know who most models are. Of course the more prominent ones get their own headlines just because of who they are.

I'm pretty sure everyone who works with Gisele says more good things throughout the years. I would post but don't want to seem like a crazy stan.

17-02-2012
backstage pass

That was a pretty unprofessional thing to say. Although the "kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy" bit did make me laugh :p
But what Kate Upton (who I've never heard of, sorry) said was real bitchy. She should have just ignored it.

17-02-2012
fashion icon

I smell publicity. See, we now wanted to know who Kate Upton is.

17-02-2012
front row

Does anyone know what happened with Tanya D in fw10 when she looked SO sad? And then afterwards pretty much fell into the background of fashion almost entirely?

Did she go to university?
Did she choose to take a break?
Did something BAD happen to her?

She looked so sad, seriously, it seemed like it took almost a year for her to look happy again. Honestly, I wonder if something happened to her at that time.

What happened? And is she ok? Feel free to pm me.

fw 2010...she looked so sad.

Daylife.com, style.it, vogue.it, shootthebreeze

17-02-2012
fashion icon

^Aaaww.. She looks so sad indeed. Even the last pic where's she's smiling, it looks like she's trying to hide it.

18-02-2012
tfs star

I don't think anything bad happend to her.
It's just that from what I have heard of interviews is that she was a little childish or not entirely professional (which ever you like) in the backstage of shows (playing with photographers, and you just watch any of her Models Talk to see it) now I don't think there's anything bad with it, but I bet someone complained about it, even Karl Lagerfeld mentioned in a Vogue Germany TV interview.
She talks about it here.

It's one of the best interviews I've ever seen to a model, very honest.

I say: Ignore them Tanya, your playfulness is one of the things that make you a great person and the reason why you are one of the favorites among TFSers.

18-02-2012
front row

It's weird to me that that would be the cause because they kept booking her when she was "playful" backstage, only 15 and 16 years old, but now that she's older, being 20, and more mature, less playful, she's not getting (or doing?) many jobs.

Fw2010 she looked upset like something horrible had happened. She went from interviews where she said "I just love it" [about modeling] in previous seasons to looking like she was terribly sad at fw10.

Last edited by thinkbelove; 18-02-2012 at 02:36 AM.

18-02-2012
front row

^ It's clear she still loves modeling, but that makes it all the more perplexing why there was such a dramatic change for a while.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, behavior, model, post, posting, read