How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-04-2012
V.I.P.

That interview sounds like Jessica Stam just wanted to avoid all the controversy and act crazy!

03-04-2012
tfs star

She was also really akward in that interview!
2:16-2:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XszOft1AS2M

Last edited by petit fours; 03-04-2012 at 02:16 AM.

03-04-2012
V.I.P.

^ Same video embed

She just sounds very distracted and tired, I'm not the biggest Jessica fan, but we al have bad days,
plus the interviewer's lack of experience to make this fluid it's noticeable, she was trying to make this
less awkward by smiling. But just my opinion

Last edited by zacatecas570; 03-04-2012 at 02:31 AM.

03-04-2012
V.I.P.

woah she is really awkward in this one... kinda uncomfortable watching her

03-04-2012
rising star

its a good job shes pretty

03-04-2012
French Chic

^ You said it.
She has always come across as quite 'flaky' to me, she just isn't very eloquent.....which in her line of work doesn't really matter I suppose, but there is the odd time when you will be asked questions on camera, and it would be better to not come off sounding so dumb/distracted.

03-04-2012
V.I.P.

hmm i dont know. i seem Jessica really nice,n funny n trying to give a good interview.
the reporter in the other hand. those question,i mean WTF. he is the one who did make a good interview IMO. Jessica was smiling,answering everything he ask(even tough those questions )

03-04-2012
tfs star

The interviewer was hilarious too...the "feeding the pigs" thing!

03-04-2012
fashion icon

Poor Jessica.. I think nerves kicked in. To be honest, I find her quite humble in that interview but she got short in spontaneity and eloquence.

04-04-2012
fashion elite

I thought she seemed fine. A little nervous yes, you'd think she would be used to the camera/questions by now, but she did look gorgeous.

05-04-2012
clever ain't wise

Someone's talking right in her ear when she's giving this interview. I think that she does a great job all things considered.

I hardly think a person's dumb because they can't focus when someone's screaming right next to them....She does a lot of the pretty girl things - licking her lips, whipping her eyelashes, smiling, flipping her hair....that never seems smart because that's just what those sexual signs are about - being sexual, not smart. However, since this is in conjunction with the VS shows that doesn't mean that she's really that silly....on the contrary, she strikes me as a smart girl who can adjust to the situation.

09-04-2012
front row

You know, it is plausible that she really did not know how that spread came off as racist to others. Maybe all the models didn't realize that and now that a dumb interviewer asked her that question she was totally perplexed, like maybe she was thinking "what is he saying, i don't understand" that's why she couldn't answer intelligently. I bet many people, however smart they are, can't answer eloquently if questioned about something they didn't know about beforehand. It's mean of you to say Stam is stupid just because of this.

09-04-2012
V.I.P.

I can see why Jessica Stam was caught off-guard in the fashionista interview because (thankfully) that awful, attention-seeking editorial did not develop into a full-fledged controversy, so the premise of those questions was not valid. She is being asked about a "controversy" that was probably limited to fashion blogs and a few media outlets, I think that the "controversy" relating to Karlie Kloss' Vogue Italia ed got more traction. Re the second interview I am kinda mixed because it was the raw interview and in real life they would have only aired the most usable responses and only needed about 30 seconds of usable stuff, but at the same time I have seen uncut interview segments where the model, including ones who are non-native English speakers, have been much better spoken. Jessica is at the stage in her career where she and her management should be pursuing commercial gigs that may include spokesmodeling and she has got to do better than that. Does anyone know the deal with CoverGirl, was that just a campaign?

Last edited by agee; 09-04-2012 at 03:12 PM.

10-04-2012
V.I.P.

Wow, that has to be one of the worst model interviewers ever. He was awful, and it should have been cut short.

10-04-2012
fashion elite

Andrej Pejic Pisses Off Fans By Dropping the N-Bomb

Quote:
Famously androgynous male model Andrej Pejic has gotten himself in trouble on the Twitter. First, he Tweeted, "Take me to Westchester." When a follower — the stylist/accessory designer Rembrandt Duran — responded, "But you went without me," Pejic wrote back, "Found a real white n***a." Several of Pejic's 27,000 followers were upset by his use of the word.
Jezebel.com via ONTD

What a completely idiotic, thoughtless, and insensitive thing to say.

Last edited by LabelWhore4; 10-04-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, behavior, model, post, posting, read