How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-04-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
I absolutely agree. All these discussions about political correctness are so aimless, it's like running in a hamster wheel, absolutely pointless. I feel like some people are just eagerling awaiting someone to make a racist/politically incorrect statement to have a reason to start moaning. If I found everything offensive that people say about my not so admired home country, I'd probably have to commit suicide or hide in a trash bin.
I agree about not feeling offended about every single thing that's said about certain country, group, race, etc. But I do critique his lack of inteligence, why couldn't he use just a different word? And it's not like he did it in a face to face conversation, he tweet it for the whole world to see, those who waits it's time following him.

Almost asking for people to feel offended, now that I think about it, it may have been a publicity stunt.

15-04-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
I absolutely agree. All these discussions about political correctness are so aimless, it's like running in a hamster wheel, absolutely pointless. I feel like some people are just eagerling awaiting someone to make a racist/politically incorrect statement to have a reason to start moaning. If I found everything offensive that people say about my not so admired home country, I'd probably have to commit suicide or hide in a trash bin.
Yeah sure. Us minorities are just waiting to play the race card. Being pc is like being polite at a party where you know no one. Say what you want in private but when you broadcast it to the world expect opposition. Its elementary. "Eagerly awaiting", "moaning". Tackless.

18-04-2012
tfs star

In America, yes the n----a word is used everywhere, music, among friends, etc. BUT still, when known figure like Andrej Pejic is WHITE, and is somewhat famous, shouldn't have used the word, yeah, he didn't mean it in a derogatory way, but still he used it. I'm assuming he's educated, he just made a mistake. I don't know if in Australia they know how bad the word really is, as we do here in America.

18-04-2012
scenester

Here in Australia we know how offensive the word is so i don't think he can plead ignorance. He was probably trying to come across as edgy, but ended up looking obnoxious and insensitive.

18-04-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kournikov View Post
In America, yes the n----a word is used everywhere, music, among friends, etc. BUT still, when known figure like Andrej Pejic is WHITE, and is somewhat famous, shouldn't have used the word, yeah, he didn't mean it in a derogatory way, but still he used it. I'm assuming he's educated, he just made a mistake. I don't know if in Australia they know how bad the word really is, as we do here in America.
I think everyone in the "civilized" world knows the history of the n-word. It is really unappropriate word to say here in Finland, too.

18-04-2012
.my prison is your brain.

...Let's move on, yeah?

18-04-2012
V.I.P.

^

to what?

18-04-2012
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
^

to what?
To other model behavior. I think the topic of Andrej's tweet has had both sides of its case presented sufficiently.

18-04-2012
V.I.P.

ohh ok i tought she had something in mind,thats why i ask. yeah im over the andrej comment

18-04-2012
V.I.P.

This thread used to be very cool, a lot of fun gossip, but not anymore, now is full with stupid mistakes on twiiter or related to that, remembering the old days

18-04-2012
fashion icon

^ yes I miss those times!! I remember there was this user at the very begining of the existance of this thread that used to post a lot of juicy inside gossip...but I cant remember who was. But yeah it was more fun before now is like random stuff.

18-04-2012
V.I.P.

^well it just goes to show how quick things get around in today's technology. Models are a lot smarter now (or at least most of them), and know that they are always being watched. Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and blogs only take seconds to get information around and it's only been a few years.

18-04-2012
fashion icon

I miss old Suvi and Alyona

18-04-2012
V.I.P.

^^ I don't think they are smarter, I just think they think twice before doing something
And I miss Suvi wild life too!! What's with Alyona???

19-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
This thread used to be very cool, a lot of fun gossip, but not anymore, now is full with stupid mistakes on twiiter or related to that, remembering the old days
Well, it used to be that you could rely on Naomi to throw a phone, Janice to fall down some stairs (or flash her boobs), or Paulina to give interviews dismissive of the fashion industry. There is nothing like that going on right now. How about positive examples of model behavior? Someone posted that runway video. Does anyone else have examples like that? Of a models doing good deeds?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, behavior, model, post, posting, read