How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-06-2012
V.I.P.

So basically she is an attention seeker? thought she was very honorable and brave for revealing everything before I knew about all the lies.
Some people are a little crazy

11-06-2012
front row

She did the lottery ticket thing on April 1st as a joke. I love how people are blaming 'the other woman' and trying to justify it with half-truths. I'm not really talking about the comments here, but they remind me of many i've seen saying she should have been classy and that she ruined his marriage - seriously?!

How is she attention-seeking when she didn't recognise the D-list actor? Some men will tell far-fetched lies to get laid (especially one that lies to you about the wedding ring they are wearing, and takes it off after it's noticed), a model would know that better than most.
He was harassing her, even when a normal person would have understood she wasn't interested (asking about his wedding ring, typing on twitter instead of giving him attention), and she had every right to talk about it. She didn't do anything wrong here.
For all we know it was her way of coping with a creepy guy she couldn't get away from - it's common to react to an uncomfortable situation with a guy with humour, and sharing it with others to make us feel better (it's what females have been raised to believe is the correct response - telling him to f*ck off would have made her a b*tch).

The dailymail is a notoriously sexist (for both genders) paper/website that tailors many of it's articles to suit the homophobic cavemen/bitchy, anti-females women populations that seem to make up an increasingly large part of the UK (take a look at their reader comments, or how they sold out that Samantha woman, if you think i'm being ridiculous). I wouldn't use it's obviously misleading articles as valid part of any discussion.

11-06-2012
tfs star

^I really didn`t realize she didn`t know who he was at first, I somehow overlooked that fact. I just eyed on the headline, and then just went to her blog, because I was interested in her modeling and texts about that. And actually, when I read all the entries, I noticed that could very well be 23 yo me talking and thinking about life, in general. I know, I know, I just said her annoying, but all the swearing just puts me off when written.

Personally, I wouldn`t have tweeted that ( I must be the only one not following Twitter at all ), maybe not even facebooked to friends only, but I am a bit older and I know things are different with social media and all now.

But if I can judge something, can I, can I... Was it really necessary to tweet a picture of him sleeping? Well, I guess it didn`t do any harm (anymore anyway).

Edit: Daily Mail article sucks as usual, they just want to turn everything up and around and then make "shocking" headlines with very little actual story behind them.

Last edited by TommyGirl; 11-06-2012 at 02:34 PM.

11-06-2012
trendsetter

I can't believe some people are praising this woman. She doesn't exactly comes off as the bigger person.

11-06-2012
tfs star

Quote:
So basically she is an attention seeker? thought she was very honorable and brave for revealing everything before I knew about all the lies.
Some people are a little crazy
Read her tweets, she is so anoying.

11-06-2012
rising star

she probably is but that doesnt mean this guy isnt a knobhead

12-06-2012
we could have had it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomette View Post
I can't believe some people are praising this woman. She doesn't exactly comes off as the bigger person.
I can't believe some people are vilifying her.

12-06-2012
fashion elite

None of you have a sense of humour. That girl is hilarious and that guy is a scumbag. Case closed.

12-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturecandystor View Post
You're quoting my post so I don't know if you're just replying to it or if you're implying I'm the one vilifying her. It's important for me to answer because if it's the later I find it very unfair as I didn't insult or degrade her. Maybe the fact that I didn't say anything negative about the man makes my post look like I'm vilifying the woman. It's just that I wouldn't judge someone who didn't do anything to be the center of attention and whom we only know from hearsay.
I maintain that what she did was badly done. In her tweets she agreed to confirm the identity of the man and therefore allowed the joke to turn into an internet bashing. For this reason I don't find it beyond understanding to point out to the people calling her "brave" and a "hero" that it might be entertaining but it's not praiseworthy.

Last edited by Fantomette; 12-06-2012 at 08:14 AM.

12-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturecandystor View Post
And the others are singing her praises as if she's some kind of hero and believing her every word. Whether she's lying (or simply embellishing), I don't know, but even if she's telling the truth, what she did was just not very commendable. Putting aside the fact that it's shameful if this guy really were doing what she says he was, she's a low life to announce to the world what another person thought would be a private conversation. Can we not apply a double standard here and admit that if this were a guy doing this to a girl, the same people would be calling him a douchebag.

I thought the whole story was a bit fishy from the beginning, but now, knowing that she has a bit of a history of 'joking' in this manner, it sounds even more obvious that she, if not made it up, exaggerated a whole lot.

12-06-2012
Fashion Designer

I think it's hilarious tbh... it's exactly the same thing as if they were in a bar and then she went and told all her friends about it...except she has a lot of them, on twitter, and they know who he is.

She should've been more discreet? probably. He should't have hit on her? Definitely.

16-06-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoother View Post
None of you have a sense of humour. That girl is hilarious and that guy is a scumbag. Case closed.
Agreed! She exposed him to the word who he really is

17-06-2012
V.I.P.

i think her problem is that she is so immature that she had to post every single detail on twitter, which obviously lead to the id of the male actor. if he was hitting on her, fair enough, might be a good thing that his wife knows. if not, then she is just an attention seeker.

17-06-2012
we could have had it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomette View Post
You're quoting my post so I don't know if you're just replying to it or if you're implying I'm the one vilifying her. It's important for me to answer because if it's the later I find it very unfair as I didn't insult or degrade her. Maybe the fact that I didn't say anything negative about the man makes my post look like I'm vilifying the woman. It's just that I wouldn't judge someone who didn't do anything to be the center of attention and whom we only know from hearsay.
I maintain that what she did was badly done. In her tweets she agreed to confirm the identity of the man and therefore allowed the joke to turn into an internet bashing. For this reason I don't find it beyond understanding to point out to the people calling her "brave" and a "hero" that it might be entertaining but it's not praiseworthy.
I was just replying to it, I wasn't implying that you were the one vilifying her.

I don't think she's "brave" or a "hero" either. I just think the fact that some people are completely discrediting her and accusing her of concocting the whole story/ruining this guy's life, because she posted a fake lottery ticket on Twitter as a joke, and admitted to lying about her age (which, as everyone knows, plenty of models do at the request or insistence of their agency, whether it's a 14 year old being aged up to 16 or a 20 year old being aged down to 17), is ridiculous.

19-06-2012
V.I.P.

Top male model David Gandy must be the only man who doesn’t want to work with Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen. “I don’t get on with Gisele,” admitted 32-year-old Gandy, best known as the guy in the eye-catching white swimsuit briefs in the Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue fragrance ads. “We don’t see eye to eye, we argue and we don’t enjoy working with each other,” Gandy said, adding he’s “not going to get on with anyone who takes it for granted or thinks they’re something special.”

nypost.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, behavior, model, post, posting, read