How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-02-2013
fashion icon

^^^ That GIF is gonna be an instant emoticon here in TFS! Hahaha!

12-02-2013
clever ain't wise

Not completely sure why her sad face is worth laughing at...

12-02-2013
rising star

I feel bad for her.

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Not completely sure why her sad face is worth laughing at...
Yeah, I'm not sure. She looks so sad, I feel terrible for her. Just want to hug her and tell her everything is going to be ok. Poor Kristina.

12-02-2013
-

Did it ever occur to anyone that that's what she actually looks like without smiling? It doesn't look like she's making an effort to frown. It just looks like that's her normal face. Her mouth looks like it turns down naturally.

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

Lately i am hearing a lot about Bianca Balti being a little bit too full of herself.. also she is seeking and begging for fans all the time on twitter and facebook

Quote:
Bianca Balti takes 500 thousand euros to appear in Sanremo Show one night. But the news is that she requested 800 000.

Balti was rather surprised when they asked her if it was not too much money, given the times of crisis that forced the Italians (and not only) to sacrifice more and more.

Balti has instead said, "It makes me smile - she said - I asked for way more, at least 800 thousand. Why would it be too much? I am an international model, I advertised around the world, no one has ever dared to ask how much money i gained. "

Then someone rumored that the Balti was "almost an unknown," and here she lost patience: "I'm a supermodel, I can not ask 50 euros.
http://www.blitzquotidiano.it/tv/bia...-kiss-1473684/

12-02-2013
tfs star

If that is true it is very obnoxious to say that kind of thing. First, money is private thing and it is always tacky to brag about it. Second, I don`t want to disrespect her achievements, but 800 000 € for one show "because she is an international supermodel", really Bianca? I can drop at least couple dozens of models off my head who could say this out loud and it actually wouldn`t sound so absurd, although still tacky.

12-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Burberry star Edie Campbell attacks 'weird' Victoria's Secret models

Edie Campbell, who appears in Burberry campaigns, says Victoria's Secret models degrade women.

London Fashion Week does not begin until Friday, but already the fur is flying. Edie Campbell, the Burberry model, has attacked her fellow mannequins for posing for the American underwear firm Victoria’s Secret.

Campbell, 22, claims that the models who appear in the firm’s advertising campaigns and catwalk shows, including Cara Delevingne and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, are “weird” and she accuses them of degrading women.

“I always find Victoria’s Secret models a bit weird,” the girlfriend of Otis Ferry tells Love magazine. “It’s just a load of girls going, 'Look how good my cleavage looks’. It’s purely women offered up to men. Regardless of the reality, I would rather be idealistic and believe women are better than that.”

The alumna of St Paul’s Girls’ School, who is the daughter of the architect Sophie Hicks, is even more scathing about Kelly Brook, the actress and model, who recently split up with Thom Evans, the former Scotland rugby player.

“You get girls that have made a s––– tonne of money out of taking their clothes off – and largely by being a sex object,” she says. “Victoria’s Secret is like coal mining; Kelly Brook is like a coal mine. It’s not good for the general environment, but, until you find an alternative source of energy, then good for you.”
telegraph.co.uk

12-02-2013
tfs star

^looks like somebody is a little bitter about not being casted for VS.

i get where she's going (i'm not a fan of the brand and nearly all of the angels aren't my cup of tea), but i wouldn't call the brand degrading to women or call the women weird looking. it's still just an underwear brand, underwear is essential to nearly every consumer, so there has to be models hired. these women aren't prostitutes, for crying out loud. we all at one point want to wear undergarments that make us feel confident and sexy, regardless of whether or not other people seem us in them. such a pointless thing to argue.

and i would argue that edie is the weird looking one. and i mean that in the sense that she looks like every other girl you would see out in the street. nothing cool, unique, or model-esque about her.

and aren't her and cara friends??

12-02-2013
tfs star

I don't think she meant weird in terms of appearance, just that what they're doing is weird because it's degrading in her opinion.

I remember she was part of that Advent video for Love and she was the only one with a conservative-ish outfit compared to everyone else who were in bikinis. She looked really childish and awkward actually. I think she's okay with the sensual aspects of the work just not the kind of jobs that reduce women's image to merely sex objects without any substance behind what they're doing other than being an eyecandy.

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

I get where she's coming from - at the end of the day, these girls are over sexualized - but they're not being forced to do it. They're working for VS because they want to/want the money. It's their choice.

12-02-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCY ITALY View Post
Lately i am hearing a lot about Bianca Balti being a little bit too full of herself.. also she is seeking and begging for fans all the time on twitter and facebook

http://www.blitzquotidiano.it/tv/bia...-kiss-1473684/
Have you seen her in "il testimone" on mtv? I'm so furios and disappointed, she basically insults the whole fashion system, stylist editors, designers..so rude and hypocrite..why she can just be a model?!

12-02-2013
-

what did she say? Anything specific you can remember ?

12-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarnostalgia View Post
I don't think she meant weird in terms of appearance, just that what they're doing is weird because it's degrading in her opinion.
yeah, i read that part wrong (the unfortunate consequence of multi-tasking). but i do agree with stoneskipper it is their choice and they are making a butt load of money, even if they don't want to change the world.

12-02-2013
tfs star

Cara's backstage antics. I agree with Martha Hunt in the background

modelspersonal.tumblr.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, behavior, model, post, posting, read