How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-02-2013
Alluring

^Priceless.

+1 for Martha.

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicca View Post
Have you seen her in "il testimone" on mtv? I'm so furios and disappointed, she basically insults the whole fashion system, stylist editors, designers..so rude and hypocrite..why she can just be a model?!
famous people in general - actors, musicians, models, whatever - the minute they start talking as if they're some analyst of the industry (as opposed to being part of one that made them who they are), I lose all respect for them. Stick with what you're good at.

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
famous people in general - actors, musicians, models, whatever - the minute they start talking as if they're some analyst of the industry (as opposed to being part of one that made them who they are), I lose all respect for them. Stick with what you're good at.
It's not a bad thing if they give their point of view from the "inside", but it should be ALWAYS respectful about the system that push them to heaven! They're not forced to be stars..there's alway someone that wants their place.

In my opinion Bianca Balti is a good model, but she's extremely ungrateful to the fashion industry..in that tv special "Il Testimone" she said that stylists and fashion editors are too full of themselves (models are puritans?), male models looks like idiots on the runways and their aesthetic depends on the specific perversion of designers.

The thing I have hated the most during that Bianca's interview:

"I always feel myself embarassed when someone knows that I'm a model because I consider modeling a job for stupid people, you don't prove your intelligence, EVERYONE CAN DO THIS JOB EVEN IF HE/SHE HAS ANY TALENT, IT'S A JOB THAT DOESN'T NEED TALENT!"

Well I don't hate Bianca, sometimes she seems very funny and sweet during interviews, but I can't stand that she undervalue an industry and a job in which talent is the first thing..fashion industry could be also mean and strict it' s true, but passion and talent move all this universe imo. If you get a BIG chance in modeling as Bianca you cannot say: "It's a silly job, I'm here only because they give me $$$$$$" ..so sad and superficial!

Last edited by AlbertNoir; 12-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

YES, Martha, please be shady to Cara. I love me some Cara like the average fashion gurl, but she's been EVERYWHERE lately and seems rather annoying in every pic I come across of hers.
As for the Edie Campbell thing, isn't she friends with Cara? Unless they had a falling out..

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

Martha Hunt even posted the photo on her instagram hahaha

elitistfashionista.tumblr.com

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

I wonder what Edie has to say about models posing in fashion magazine nude? I wonder if it's the same. Commercial girls have to make money somewhere, and I don't see it as degrading. I see the high fashion industry being a lot more degrading to women than VS.

Bianca Balti? I mean is she even super famous outside of Italy. Yes, fashion people outside of Italy know her, but she's not Kate Moss status where she can even act that way. You don't even hear supermodels talk like that... get over yourself.

12-02-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
What she's good at is modeling and she's commenting about modeling. If she works in an industry then why shouldn't she have the right to comment on it? I think her and her opinions should be respected, even if it's not an opinion we can all agree with.

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post
What she's good at is modeling and she's commenting about modeling. If she works in an industry then why shouldn't she have the right to comment on it? I think her and her opinions should be respected, even if it's not an opinion we can all agree with.
Um, who says she doesn't have the right to comment on it? She has basically slapped the industry that nurtured her to this very point in her career where she can say these things and probably not suffer any kind of retribution at all. So no, I don't agree with her comments, and I won't respect at all what she has to say.

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

Another case for the 'it's their choice'... It's not like she had a gun to her head. Exposing the pros and cons of the business is one thing, even because it's a job, at the end of the day. Most people do it because they need the money; this isn't Tyra. But if she was so unhappy with the business, she could've gotten out and chosen another career path - and she has been in the business long enough to know that. Being ungrateful to the opportunities that her career and her choices gave her isn't worth my respect, if you ask me, even because she chose this for her life, and she alone.

And Martha's face is amazing. Definite cool points on my part for that, Martha. We love you.

Last edited by StoneSkipper; 12-02-2013 at 11:46 PM.

13-02-2013
fashion elite

Bianca in that interview (and few other on italian media) to me always tries to be "against the system" which is not bad if you respect the people that works in it, works for you and let you be a "super model" , 5 minutes before she was complaing about the super power of the editors and stylist..5 minutes later she was shooting for Vogue Japan.. If you don't want to be a part of it find a "normal" job and get paid like the rest of us. The point to me is always be respectful , you can have all the opinions you want but respect is at the first place. Kate Moss is a real super model is a part of the fashion world in good and bad times..

13-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicca View Post
Bianca in that interview (and few other on italian media) to me always tries to be "against the system" which is not bad if you respect the people that works in it, works for you and let you be a "super model" , 5 minutes before she was complaing about the super power of the editors and stylist..5 minutes later she was shooting for Vogue Japan.. If you don't want to be a part of it find a "normal" job and get paid like the rest of us. The point to me is always be respectful , you can have all the opinions you want but respect is at the first place. Kate Moss is a real super model is a part of the fashion world in good and bad times..
100 percent agree with you,and believe me i do have some friends in Milan that know her personally and they said to me that lately she is really snob, full of herself, she is not the down to earth sweet girl like a couple of years ago!

13-02-2013
V.I.P.

mte Martha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post

14-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
Epic photobomb is epic.

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

Hanne's Facebook is on public so pretty sure I'm allowed to post, I was surprised to see her get worked up about this because she's always been portrayed as pretty wild. I found the part about models being forced to pose with the cigarettes interesting, gave me a new perspective on what really goes on

Hanne Gaby Facebook

Last edited by dsamg; 14-02-2013 at 01:56 AM.

14-02-2013
clever ain't wise

Cara is incredibly photogenic in an unconventional way - she seems to know what makes a good photo in a way most models don't.

And that is a really good model - a concept that is apparently entirely lost to Bianca Balti....

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, behavior, model, post, posting, read