How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
Completely agree. Regardless of the girl's choice, in the end, Terry is still at fault for sexually harrassing the girls. This is nothing to joke about. This is criminal matter and should be dealt accordingly. (Oh, so he's famous? Nevermind...)
It's a very difficult and complicated matter as it seems he chooses his "victims" very very wisely. It's no surprise because that seems to be how most of these guys operate at the end of the day. We hear all these big name models and editors praising him and maybe that is one side of him. But then there is another. It seems to be the same case in all the other stories you see in the news with teachers, pastors. From what I hear, Terry isn't the only photographer who chooses very wisely to do his shady stuff but a lot of other well known as well as amateurs. Just part of an unregulated culture I guess.

17-02-2013
-

The point is he does it. He's gross.

17-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
It's a very difficult and complicated matter as it seems he chooses his "victims" very very wisely. It's no surprise because that seems to be how most of these guys operate at the end of the day. We hear all these big name models and editors praising him and maybe that is one side of him. But then there is another. It seems to be the same case in all the other stories you see in the news with teachers, pastors. From what I hear, Terry isn't the only photographer who chooses very wisely to do his shady stuff but a lot of other well known as well as amateurs. Just part of an unregulated culture I guess.
Yeah, and the most disturbing thing about it is that I get the feeling the ones he "abuses" or coerces to blow him or do other sexual acts on him are the new models, the ones that aren't established yet. The ones willing to do anything just to get some work. And most of them are underage so that's reaaally disturbing.

17-02-2013
front row

I'm stunned that an industry mostly aimed at women and employing many women just sits back and not only lets stuff like this happen, but defends it or at least maintain indifference towards it. Hell, this guy even photographed President Obama! How does that happen? I wish the mainstream media would pay attention to this issue. Maybe it would get resolved if enough people knew about it.

17-02-2013
V.I.P.

UGH, f*** off Charlotte with your pathetic comments. I'm not at all baffled that she finds it okay with what Terry is doing. I mean, she IS dating her sibling

18-02-2013
fashion elite

She is pathetic, but she probably has no issues blowing Terry cause she is banging her brother it is sexual harassment asking a poor young girl to do sexual favours look what happened to Anand Jon Alexander that pervert is in prison where belongs I really hope Terry isn't praying on underraged models if so his time is coming and he will be caught too. Oh Char b*tch you're stupid go away.
Posted via Mobile Device

18-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by franki View Post
I think the point Free is missing is the 'there are plenty of other girls waiting in line' part. aka if you don't bl*w him, someone else will, and they will get the job....

yes, it is their choice, but to even 'ask' for it is still harrassment. If that happened in any other workplace (a boss or whatever asking for s*x for favours) they would be sued in a heartbeat.

if people want to have s*x with terry in their own time, without the exchange of work, well now that is their own choice.
There's so much wrong with what she is saying I don't even know where to start. But, you've got most of it down. This guy is in a position of power and to abuse it in such a manner is disgusting, and as you said if this were any other industry he would be getting sued faster than he can say "blow me". Regardless of whether or not they agreed to it or not, it was still in a work context--they were being taken advantage of. Only in an industry like this would the girls be shamed for it. And yet, everyone turns a blind eye on Terry because its his *style*, he's not sick or gross, he's *artistic*.

18-02-2013
scenester

this is how it starts:

Quote:
A lot of it starts with me saying to a girl, 'Do you want to do nudes?'
And they're like, 'I don't want to be naked,' So I say, 'I'll be naked and you
take the pictures. You can have the camera. You can have the phallus.
--Terry Richardson, Observer 2004
...how it stops:

Quote:
Terry Richardson: modelling is more then only a pretty face

Felice Fawn: Yeah of course

Terry Richardson: but most models do know how things go behind the scenes to get the fame

Terry Richardson: do you?

Felice Fawn: Maybe not, so tell me?

Terry Richardson: easy and simple, like i said, i am used to talk daily about it with the other models, it is sex drugs and rock & roll

Terry Richardson: dont tell me you do not know this

Felice Fawn: Yes I am aware, but I don't do drugs and I certainly wont suck dick for fame.

Terry Richardson: thanks for the chat and wish you all the best, since there is only one real way for fame

full article HERE
...how it goes:

Quote:
I can remember doing this stuff, but even at the time, it was sort of
like watching someone else do it, someone who couldn't possibly be me
because I would never touch a creepy photographer's penis. The only
explanation I can come up with is that he was so darn friendly and happy
about it all, and his assistants were so stoked on it as well, that I didn't want
to be the killjoy in the room. My new fake friends would've been bummed if
I'd said no. --Jamie Peck (former Model)
...how will it end? It wont.

Not if defenders like Charlotte call the woman who speak out against his
perverse manipulative tactics bitches for not realizing they should have
said no. Terry will continue his, thumbs-up, do-it-for-art, 'raw sexuality'.

18-02-2013
fashion elite

^ i kinda agree. there is something wrong with a person whose life goal is (it seems) to constantly draw any kind of attention to themselves. i would feel bad for her if she didn't come across as a condescending, arrogant b!tch.

18-02-2013
front row

Better watch out guys, looks like we're all "sucking [Charlotte's] d*ck."

18-02-2013
fashion elite

as previously stated, any kind of attention will suffice for this girl...

18-02-2013
clever ain't wise

Just.....Terry is not the only one. By far. He's just very obvious about that you have to bring something to the party.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 18-02-2013 at 11:34 AM.

18-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoadore View Post
didn't you post this before in the Abbey thread I think? Do you have a link so we can see it I'd never heard of that show before
no ive never posted this info before I just saw this show last week. But I don't have clips of this show.

18-02-2013
V.I.P.

I had a friend that shot for him, and she says he's really nice but a little creepy (like older guy hitting on significantly younger girl creepy) she said he didn't ask her to do anything of that nature though and she never felt uncomfortable though around him

18-02-2013
trendsetter

So if Terry has sex with his models I wonder if Lindsey W. f**k with Terry (or Olivier) for example, to get Purple cover. She is one of his favorites and work A LOT with him, I wonder if all work is just for "free", you know what I mean.
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, behavior, model, post, posting, read