How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallu View Post
So if Terry has sex with his models I wonder if Lindsey W. f**k with Terry (or Olivier) for example, to get Purple cover. She is one of his favorites and work A LOT with him, I wonder if all work is just for "free", you know what I mean.
Posted via Mobile Device
To be honest, highly highly doubt it. Like TREVOFASHIONISTO said with his friend's experience for example.
I know Terry has an extremely good and professional rapport with the models and bookers from the top agencies like Marilyn, DNA, IMG. Lindsey W was already a huge commodity before shooting with Terry but she is many photographer's favorites not just Terry. The bookers working with her are very selective and protective and in a way, she has power in the industry.

Terry is more likely to prey on the girls you have never heard of and that is something that I also have been told. He doesn't just shoot top models you know. A lot of the smaller agencies (APM, VNY, Muse, MC2) send girls to his studio hoping to make them a big star and that is from what I hear trouble begins. If you look at his diary, there are many "go-sees" where there are girls who are topless, many of them you have never heard of and probably never will. But they are from small agencies with less power, less media say...those are the girls. They are first taking off their tops in hopes he will shoot them for a big magazine (something they probably don't have in their resume yet).

Also, he is not the only photographer who reportedly does this type of thing. There are many other big photographers who you may know only from their work with top girls but they also sometimes look at and shoot lesser known girls for their "projects." It is also much more common to see this with male models too...if anything, the male models have less rights!

Last edited by theBlueRider; 18-02-2013 at 01:45 PM.

18-02-2013
we could have had it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsreyes View Post
Yeah, and the most disturbing thing about it is that I get the feeling the ones he "abuses" or coerces to blow him or do other sexual acts on him are the new models, the ones that aren't established yet. The ones willing to do anything just to get some work. And most of them are underage so that's reaaally disturbing.
Really disturbing, and depending on their age, really illegal. Charlotte really just needs to stop talking (and typing).

18-02-2013
tfs star

One of the things I find really disturbing is that Free is a young woman defending a man who preys on young women like herself. Not that you have to be a woman to be disturbed by Terry, you just have to be human. But just the fact that she, as a young model, who has more likely than not been propositioned herself in the same way, callously shames other women for feeling "mad" and "ashamed" as if they have no right to? As if you have to be forcibly tied down in order to be raped? When it's hard enough as it is to admit to being raped/taken advantage of, and they're probably confused and already feeling ashamed enough on their own? It's like do you have an iota of humanity or even just a working brain cell? Then, I read more about her and discovered she's an all-around low life so everything began to make sense.

Everybody has pretty much covered everything that is wrong with this picture. And I know that Terry is far from the only one who uses his power and theBlueRider made a very relevant point about male models. I shudder to think what they have to go through, especially since our society is not very receptive or understanding of the fact that men can be taken advantage of as well. But the fact that this not only goes on, but is just generally accepted as a part of the business seriously makes me want to vomit. I just can't. Something has got to change.

18-02-2013
V.I.P.

It is gag-worthy to see something so dirty going unnoticed. Though it won't end so soon, this needs to end - and it's ignorant people like Charlotte who stop this progress from happening. Nothing can justify sexual harrassment on the workplace. Nothing, ever.

Last edited by StoneSkipper; 18-02-2013 at 03:09 PM.

18-02-2013
front row

^^Chickadee, I think one of the biggest issues is that people only care about the big top models. I don't think Charlotte Free realizes that she is a successful model with her Maybelline contract and receives more entitlement and privileges than some no-name model. She can show up with unshaved armpits and chew on the hair and she will still have popularity.

Tons of top industry people and top models are good friends with these top (but creepy) photographers. Like any friend, they come in defense for Terry and don't realize that Terry may have a dark side because these models, editors etc live a different type of life than the struggling, amateur etc.

Like I mentioned before, the girls who probably see the harassment are the unknowns, the ones who have no followers on thefashionspot, the ones people have never heard of, the ones who don't have a following on twitter for their model fame. There are tons of those types of models in NYC. They're considered "irrelevant" and many of them will do whatever it takes to try to get on the same level as an Abbey Lee Kershaw, Magdalena, Edita, Coco Rocha and Lindsey. And that means doing things top models don't have to do because top models are very privileged in a way and have all the right people behind their back. Photographers, bookers etc they all know this and because there are models who are desperate they are easy to take advantage since they don't have a a top booker, top editors, top stylists guarding their career.

I looked at terrys diary again and see so many unknown models with agencies in NYC with their shirts off. They all have some blank stare and I'm just thinking "who is this chick?"

18-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post

I looked at terrys diary again and see so many unknown models with agencies in NYC with their shirts off. They all have some blank stare and I'm just thinking "who is this chick?"
I think Terry has the exact same thought as you as he's photographing them.

18-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
I think Terry has the exact same thought as you as he's photographing them.
Actually, I bet he's thinking what he can get away asking her to do next and how far he can go.

The way I see it, he probably has the same mentality as the those kinds of men who constantly cheat on their wives--always seeing how far they can go, how much they can push and doing it in such a discrete and calculated way. But to his SO, family and friends, they see him as a wonderful loving husband, goofy, funny, loveable etc.

18-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandnone View Post
She's dumb as sh*t.
All anyone needs to know is that she's dating a blood relative. This person has no right to call anyone stupid.
Sorry but WHAT. WTF. Are you serious. She's dating a blood relative. Why is this even allowed.

She sounds like a nutter. No wonder she defends Terry.

18-02-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
To be honest, highly highly doubt it. Like TREVOFASHIONISTO said with his friend's experience for example.
I know Terry has an extremely good and professional rapport with the models and bookers from the top agencies like Marilyn, DNA, IMG. Lindsey W was already a huge commodity before shooting with Terry but she is many photographer's favorites not just Terry. The bookers working with her are very selective and protective and in a way, she has power in the industry.

Terry is more likely to prey on the girls you have never heard of and that is something that I also have been told. He doesn't just shoot top models you know. A lot of the smaller agencies (APM, VNY, Muse, MC2) send girls to his studio hoping to make them a big star and that is from what I hear trouble begins. If you look at his diary, there are many "go-sees" where there are girls who are topless, many of them you have never heard of and probably never will. But they are from small agencies with less power, less media say...those are the girls. They are first taking off their tops in hopes he will shoot them for a big magazine (something they probably don't have in their resume yet).

Also, he is not the only photographer who reportedly does this type of thing. There are many other big photographers who you may know only from their work with top girls but they also sometimes look at and shoot lesser known girls for their "projects." It is also much more common to see this with male models too...if anything, the male models have less rights!
Ohh I see, thank u very much for your answer .
Posted via Mobile Device

18-02-2013
scenester

I think Charlotte Free 2011 should have advised Charlotte Free 2012 to remind Charlotte Free 2013 that
standing up for young models you care and worry about means actually standing up, caring, and worrying
about them. That's not sucking d-ck, it's calling out a hypocrite.

Vanillasky 2011
Quote:
I really have grown to care about all the young girls I work with and
I worry about them so much. The fashion industry makes beautiful girls hate
themselves... Its such a pity.
Guardian 2012
Quote:
Free insists she won't compromise her beliefs. "I'm not scared of
anyone. I stand up for other girls in the industry. If I see someone taking
pictures backstage, I'll grab their camera, expose their film or delete all the
photos. If you're taking photos of 16-year-old girls naked, you will not get
away with it. It's paedophilic.
Tumblr 2013
Quote:
I hate when girls say, 'but he asked me to' you should have said no
then, stupid bitch! there's plenty of other girls waiting in line, so he's not
forcing you to do sh-t.

18-02-2013
V.I.P.

^ Oh my god someone needs to send that to her on tumblr. If only to show her what a hypocrite she is.

19-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata View Post
I think Charlotte Free 2011 should have advised Charlotte Free 2012 to remind Charlotte Free 2013 that
standing up for young models you care and worry about means actually standing up, caring, and worrying
about them. That's not sucking d-ck, it's calling out a hypocrite.
Send this to Charlotte!

19-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyforareason View Post
Send this to Charlotte!
Someone did. Her response was flippant and sarcastic. She doesn't care. At all.

19-02-2013
V.I.P.

Ugh, Charlotte's personality and hypocrisy make her that much worse of a person, and it's not like it's some minor business or little thing, it's something irresponsible and disgusting that is going on that she is talking about, I cannot deal with her at all, she is honestly a lost cause.

19-02-2013
V.I.P.

On a lighter and less pink-haired note Glamouronline.hu has a video that follows Vanessa on a day or two during NYFW and she is very friendly with the people backstage/hairdressers/makeup artists, and all the girls seem to be having awkward, silent, we-cant-speak-the-same-language fun with each other

Vanessa also seems to be a lot taller than most of the girls when they are in the finale lineup

glamouronline.hu

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, behavior, model, post, posting, read