How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-02-2013
V.I.P.

Vanessa has one of the greatest personalities, nothing negative coming from her at all. She is completely grateful and thankful for every opportunity she's gotten so far.

19-02-2013
V.I.P.

^Definitely. She seems so calm, very grateful, and just humble.

20-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

^ Third that, I've always felt that she seems very unaffected by her success, it's very endearing.

20-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
^Definitely. She seems so calm, very grateful, and just humble.
Maybe she should give a few pointers to a certain more established Italian model

20-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
For years, Iíve heard rumors that Isabeli and Adriana Lima were bitter enemies. I had heard that Isabeli was going to be crowned as a VS Angel years ago, but Adriana stepped in a caused a total drama-filled bitchfest that resulted in Isabeli not getting the VS job. Well, at least thatís what I was told.
via VampireHorde - fashionscansremastered

20-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCY ITALY View Post
via VampireHorde - fashionscansremastered
I actually heard of a lot of other models do not like Isabeli so it might be that Isabeli is the problem and not the others?
I heard that Izabel Goulart and Anne V has problems with Isabeli.
Also, there was an interview posted, I think maybe in the back pages of this thread, and Isabeli says that Gisele B once pushed Isabeli to get to close a VS show.

John Pfieffer also mentions in an interview with Monica Mitro that there used to be "claws" between the models but not anymore. I'm wondering if that alludes to anything with Isabeli and some other girls in the past?

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Diva Isabeli? Me likey

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Wow, so much VS drama! I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the sets of Victoria's Secret are reproductions of Mean Girls. I mean, these girls are getting an insane amount of dough to act and look "hot"...there is bound to be competition between them.

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
Also, there was an interview posted, I think maybe in the back pages of this thread, and Isabeli says that Gisele B once pushed Isabeli to get to close a VS show.
no, Isabeli said that while filming a 3-girls VS commercial (Adriana - Isabeli - Gisele), she was pushed by one of them because the competition inside of VS is high.. but of course she didn't say the name.. and in the end we all concluded it was Adriana (because Gisele was the star and she didn't need to push anyone in order to be the most important) and also because Isabeli said : "Gisele helped me a lot at the beginning of my career"..
and now this story about Adriana confirms the fact..

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofins View Post
Wow, so much VS drama! I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the sets of Victoria's Secret are reproductions of Mean Girls.
yes, here a recent interview Isabeli gave:

q: is it true that there are a lot of ego-fights in the backstage of Victoria's Secret Fashion Show?

a: yes there are, a lot. that's why i decided not to live only that world but i developed a different career. i do their runway once a year, is fun. but for the rest it's not only "gold" like people think.

21-02-2013
fashion icon

Money's at stake. I'm not really surprised if some of these girls would go beyond the extra mile! Hahaha!

21-02-2013
front row

I'd like to see some real tallies of the earnings between staple Angels (Ale, Adriana) and then models who did a lot of catalog work for VS but choose another direction (Ana BB, Isabeli). I don't think those Forbes lists are even close or accurate. I know some only girl fragrance and beauty contracts can pay in the upper 6 figures to low 7 figures depending on the brand.
For some reason I get the feeling a lot of work isn't calculated into the Forbes numbers for the models below Gisele.

21-02-2013
fashion elite

This thread is on fire.
Can you imagine Isabeli and Adriana fighting and screaming in portuguese wearing only lingerie on the middle of the VS set?

21-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
This thread is on fire.
Can you imagine Isabeli and Adriana fighting and screaming in portuguese wearing only lingerie on the middle of the VS set?
Security would earn their paychecks that night, to say the least.

21-02-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
I actually heard of a lot of other models do not like Isabeli so it might be that Isabeli is the problem and not the others?
I heard that Izabel Goulart and Anne V has problems with Isabeli.

John Pfieffer also mentions in an interview with Monica Mitro that there used to be "claws" between the models but not anymore. I'm wondering if that alludes to anything with Isabeli and some other girls in the past?
Weren't Izabel and Isabeli hand by hand a about 3 seasons ago making rounds in Milan and Paris and tweeting each other about the Cavalli shoes? As far as Isabeli and Anne, I've never herd anything about it.

Also why would Gisele need to push Isabeli to close a VS show when they have rehearsals for it and Gisele was always featured front and center, unless it was that Gisele was running to get to where she needed to be and by casualty pushed her.

I don't know if I believe the Adriana/Isabeli drama, Adriana seems very calm and friendly, though it could have been different at the beginning of their careers as well as being younger, they had/have a very similar look; dark hair, fair skin, colored eyes, curvy bodies and strong features.

As far as the "claws", that makes me think of when Naomi/Tyra walked and there were some tops like Helena, Karen, Daniela and Stephanie there as well in the late 90's early 00's

Last edited by CommanderTMugler; 21-02-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, behavior, model, post, posting, read