How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-08-2013
V.I.P.

^I feel like the 100k a year sounds about right. Julia was almost strictly a HF model at the time those posts were made; I don't think she had many commercial clients outside of Australia so she probably did a hell lot of work that she didn't really get paid for.
A lot of it sounds like Julia, although she's definitely not the kind of person I would have imagined to have an anon blog about the modeling industry. But like in most of those cases we might never know for sure anyway

31-08-2013
V.I.P.

Also, don't you have to present the admin's of reddit with actual proof that you say who you are (even if you remain anonymous like Julia) plus I don't think ANYONE one reddit would even know who Julia is or even care about the modeling industry enough to fake an IAMA thread with a few hundred answers to thousands of questions.

01-09-2013
Blood On The Leaves

^Yeah she wrote in one of her answers that her agency verified the account.

Does anyone think/know if this account is 'real' (is it really a model behind it) or is it just a parody?
https://twitter.com/reallyamodel

01-09-2013
fashion elite

^Looks very fake

02-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teja View Post
^Yeah she wrote in one of her answers that her agency verified the account.
Well I doubt her agency verified it (that would make the whole anon thing completely pointless) ... more like she just scanned in a letter she had sitting around.

From the the mod:
"She provided photos, paystubs, and a letter from her agency."

V.I.P.

It is not Julia, I got my information straight from the source.

04-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
It is not Julia, I got my information straight from the source.
By source do you mean who it actually was?

05-09-2013
Blood On The Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
^Looks very fake
I know but her tweets are hilarious that's why I wish it was real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
Well I doubt her agency verified it (that would make the whole anon thing completely pointless) ... more like she just scanned in a letter she had sitting around.

From the the mod:
"She provided photos, paystubs, and a letter from her agency."
Yeah, her agency verified it to the mod - that the person behind this reddit account is actually a model.

05-09-2013
V.I.P.

That makes no sense. Why would she want her agency knowing it was her? It goes against the very first line of her post "This kind of goes against what is written in my contract, so for that reason I'm keeping my identity a secret."

Blood On The Leaves

^I don't get it. So she provided a letter from her agency that said she was a model but at the same time the agency didn't know about her account?

I thought that agency knew about her reddit (and provided a proof - a letter that proofed she really was a model) but she had to stay anonymous because of her contract. So agency was 'OK' with her reddit account as long as she stayed anonymous.

05-09-2013
V.I.P.

No, like I said above in #350, she probably just took a photo of a letter from her agency with their letterhead written to her, which in essence proves to the reddit mods that she had access to such a letter i.e. is the model she claims to be.

Blood On The Leaves

^I get it now, thanks for explaining.

05-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
By source do you mean who it actually was?
Yes, but I'm not allowed to say anymore on the matter. Julia knows who did it and I think thats all that matters.

05-09-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
That makes no sense. Why would she want her agency knowing it was her? It goes against the very first line of her post "This kind of goes against what is written in my contract, so for that reason I'm keeping my identity a secret."
If you read all the comments, you'll know that this model actually asked her agency about what she is or is not allowed to say on that reddit page. OFC she could be lying, but I'm js the model herself said that the agency knows about her reddit account and regulates what she can say on it so that she can maintain her anonymity + not violate her contract.

It sounds so much like Julia, but isn't. Sounds like this could be someone close to Julia and knows her well enough to impersonate her so that this "model's" own ID doesn't get revealed. I was really suspicious that this model went through all the trouble to state she couldn't answer personal questions, but then answers qs about her ex, her height, the actual brands she's walked for, etc.

Last edited by Shiru; 05-09-2013 at 07:58 PM.
27-09-2013
Mr. Magic

Quote:
A Liverpool supermodel tipped to be the next Kate Moss punched a protestor after she was attacked as she strutted down the catwalk at Paris Fashion Week.

Anfield-born Hollie-May Saker was modelling for Nina Ricci at a show in the French capital yesterday when two half-naked protestors invaded the stage.

The 18-year-old told the ECHO it was one the biggest shocks of her life and she could do nothing but fight back against the woman who grabbed her.

She said: “I punched her – I didn’t mean to but she grabbed my arm and I just wanted to get her off me.

“I was the 19th girl out of the catwalk and I could hear screaming behind me.

“The next thing I just see half-naked women with black marker pen scrawled across their bare chests and that’s when she came at me.

“As she grabbed my arm she lifted by skirt exposing me – I pulled my arm back with such force that I landed a punch square on her nose.

“I was so angry but I knew I had to be professional so I carried on walking with a bit of sassiness. My Scouseness came out a bit but I wish it had come out a bit more. Thinking about it now I wish I’d pushed them both off the stage because they ruined my favourite show.

“I had been looking forward to the Nina Ricci show for so long, whether I was modelling in it or not, it’s such a beautiful collection.

“I was really worried to come back stage but nobody said anything – I felt bad the moment it happened and I was very shaken up by it.

“I think if it had happened two years ago I would have run straight off the catwalk. It could have been worse, I could have fallen over.”

Hollie, who started modelling at 16, added that this would not put her off from taking to the catwalk once more.

“It was amazing but messed up. Things like this just make me feel so grateful, happy and grateful.

“I’ve worked so hard and deserve it, so hopefully I’ll get some good karma. I’ve got to model for some great designers and I can’t believe I got to walk for Burberry. I’m so proud to be British and a Scouser.”
liverpoolecho.co.uk

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #6, behavior, model, post, posting, read