How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-01-2014
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
You don't need to be acting a fool to show you 'have personality'. We don't live in ANTM.
'Act a fool'? Good heavens. Are we basing this off four pictures? It's nice to know that being demonstrative and outgoing is enough reason to condemn a teenager. Obnoxious, indeed.

23-01-2014
V.I.P.

^ ANTM... what a train wreck

28-01-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
Ugh another obnoxious little brat, get her season done with and get her on her way.
An obnoxious little brat? Seriously? Do you even know her?

07-02-2014
rising star

Seems even the family are on Miranda's bad side now.

Quote:
'Please come home': Miranda Kerr's family beg supermodel to return to Australia as they reveal they have not seen her or Flynn for a YEAR

Miranda's father John reveals that it was Orlando Bloom who confirmed the couple's split to him over the telephone

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 15:08 GMT, 7 February 2014 | UPDATED: 23:00 GMT, 7 February 2014

Miranda Kerr's mother, father, brother and grandmother have begged the supermodel to get in touch, revealing that they have not seen her or her son Flynn for 'over a year'.

Making an extraordinary public plea for the two to return home to Australia, they revealed that a rift had seen the supermodel cut off contact.

In a docudrama titled Family Confidential, which will air on Australian Television network ABC next Tuesday, Miranda's father John even tells how his daughter's husband Orlando was the one to confirm the couple's separation.

'I remember him saying "we're always going to be family" and that's how we'll treat Orlando, Miranda and Flynn. We're all family,' he says of the phone call, in which the actor broke the news of the end of the three-year union.

Miranda's mother Therese stepped down as general manager and chief executive officer of her skincare line Kora Organics last February, sparking rumours of a rift between the pair.

John says that he now wished his daughter had married a 'nobody', someone who was completely out of the limelight.

'After what I know now I would rather she did just marry a nobody because you really can't get that family time by yourself,' he says.

'I just hope Flynn grows up and he wants to be with his nan and pop.'

Miranda's grandmother Ann, who also appears in the documentary, has been left particularly devastated that she has not seen her precious great-grandson, saying: 'I miss the baby and I think he's missing out on family, that closeness that we have always had.

'It's very nice where they are but nothing like Australia, nothing, and I think hopefully Flynn might end up here. We just keep our fingers crossed.'

Miranda and her grandmother previously shared a special bond, with Ann often appearing in interviews and on modelling shoots alongside the model in the past.

Meanwhile, Miranda's mother Therese, who says she used to speak to her daughter every single day, is teary as she explains of how she had to eventually 'let go' of her daughter.

'What I have had to do is let go,' she explains, 'and allow her to be assertive and lead her own life and I guess for any mum that's a little bit challenging sometimes to do that.'

Therese says she now sends texts to Miranda to remind her that she's always there for her, but as she is filmed doing so during the documentary, they are not always immediately reciprocated.

'We have been best friends for most of our life. We used to talk just about every day.

'I send her messages, just little texts to say "I love you honey, let your little light shine, my arms are wrapped around you."'

Before Miranda moved to New York at the age of 25, her parents say they told the then budding supermodel 'the day you think you're better than anyone else is the day you don't model under our guidance'.

Therese says these days her daughter's life is completely different, but it is important as her mother says to stand 'true'.

'Miranda's life is so different now (and) she's surrounded by yes people all the time. It's so important for me to be real, to be true, to be who she needs me to be,' she says.

Since parting ways with Miranda's Kora Organics skincare line, Therese has created her own called Divine by Therese Kerr, and says that while she realises her daughter's fame has helped get the 'message out', it has perhaps come at a cost to her family.

'You have to be in the media to be able to get your message out, but then our little Flynny doesn't know what it's like to walk outside without paparazzi,' she says.

Meanwhile, the former Victoria's Secret Angel's father says that while he's proud of his daughter for being a strong independent 30-year-old, he also wishes that she was just a 'normal, everyday girl'.

'There were so many people who said "oh Miranda she used to be this nice little girl who we could get to do anything", whereas now she's like 'you know what, I'm not doing that anymore,' he says.

MailOnline have reached out to Miranda's representatives in regards to the documentary, but have yet to hear a response.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2sh6kn8CT

09-02-2014
trendsetter

Poor Toni...

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...nardo-DiCaprio

09-02-2014
trendsetter

^ to be fair, the article says that it was because they 'grew apart', not because of the pics with Leo.
I still think he was just giving her a ride home or something (mainly because I just don't get why somebody who has as many drivers and cars as he wants would get in the same car as his alleged one night stand when he just could have sent another driver instead or get her a cab) but if he'd actually confirm he's dating Toni, journalists wouldn't get as crazy every time he's seen with a woman.

02-03-2014
front row

Latest craze in celeb circles: IV drips for health purposes.

Cara Delevigne is one of the customers:

Source: Cosmo Australia

p.s. Toni Garnn and Leo Dicaprio are still dating according to this site:http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...h-Skiing-Break

Last edited by Lefemmenikita; 02-03-2014 at 02:16 AM. Reason: added an extra item
02-03-2014
trendsetter

Lots of people do IV fluids after hangovers if they can. Not really that weird but uh...depends on what you're putting in those IVs.

V.I.P.

Anyone going to talk about Ajak's explosion on twitter about Balmain.

She didn't really give a coherent account of what exactly happened. All I know is that she feels discriminated against for being a darker skinned model. Whether the incident had to do with the runway show or the after party I cannot tell.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/198d4e86d...kjy0o1_500.png
another
responses to persons on twitter

Last edited by |BellaDonna|; 03-03-2014 at 04:53 AM.
03-03-2014
.my prison is your brain.

^ It was talked about at length in the Racial Diversity in Modeling thread:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f96...117025-49.html

04-03-2014
V.I.P.

I don't want to tackle the racial aspect of it, seeing how heated that debate got. But in terms of the model behavior - totally unprofessional. I'm surprised her agency simply asked her to delete her account. Wouldn't that be cause for dismissal? She pretty much burned the Balmain bridge, so the agency lost a customer.

04-03-2014
V.I.P.

^ I understand her frustration but as a "product" that was the worst way to handle the situation. It was unprofessional. You are right.

04-03-2014
V.I.P.

It's a complicated story. On one hand, yes, she was heated and left her and her agency looking bad. On the other hand, however, if what she's saying is true, she was a victim of racism. Fashion has a long, long history with racism. If we don't speak up against those issues, as she did, are we ever gonna change anything? It's kind of a cliché argument, but it is the truth.

I guess this invites the question of "Does it make you a bitch if what you're saying is right?" I think that, although her heart is in the right place, and she was a victim of discrimination, she chose the wrong outlet and the wrong words to speak up. I don't blame her, though.

And I don't think the agency will/should drop her. It would be a bad move, because it would undoubtedly look like they're condoning this kind of racism.

05-03-2014
V.I.P.

I definitely think she could've put herself in a better position by exactly detailing what went wrong that was or could've been interpreted as racism. Cause I still want to know what went down

06-03-2014
V.I.P.

A comment left on one of Samantha Gradoville's instagram photos. I always thought Sam was one of the nice ones?
Quote:
Hope your nicer to your dressers this time then you were to me at the last, MFW

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #6, behavior, model, post, posting, read