Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #6 - Page 36 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-06-2014
V.I.P.

Team Cara on this one. If they have such a problem with her why not just tell her directly instead of doing it publicly? Besides, if she's sleeping for 7 hours on a set, someone needs to wake her and get her in front of the camera. She doesn't seem like a Naomi where she's untouchable.

28-06-2014
tfs star

I read that twice & I don't see how it's bad... Am I missing something? They let her sleep in that interview so...?

28-06-2014
fashion insider

You don't see how it's bad to sleep for 7 hours at her job? That's pretty obviously bad. But I agree with Littleearthquakes, why didn't they wake her up? Lol.

29-06-2014
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by liralita View Post
You don't see how it's bad to sleep for 7 hours at her job? That's pretty obviously bad. But I agree with Littleearthquakes, why didn't they wake her up? Lol.
I don't understand why they wouldn't wake her up, if they let her sleep then that's for a reason.

29-06-2014
fashion insider

Haha yeah, agreed. That made me roll my eyes a little at this industry, seems unbelievable that a team of people--professionals no less, would sit around and wait for her to come to for that long.

29-06-2014
tfs star

Maybe they didn't wake her just so they could have a story.

29-06-2014
V.I.P.

There are three reasons why she slept for 7 hours. 1, There was some delay, and she had to wait, 2, nobody woke her up when they obviously should, or 3, something is very very wrong: I doubt it was the last option...

29-06-2014
fashion insider

Maybe it's option 1 and Walker's comment was taken out of context. Seems most likely.

30-06-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabella View Post
Maybe they didn't wake her just so they could have a story.
that was kinda where I was steering it with my original comment, but you flat out said it. It's like who has to time to blow off 7 hours when you're supposed to be working - I'm not even referring to Cara, I'm talking about the crew.

30-06-2014
backstage pass

^ agreed, the whole crew then effectively would have sat around for '7 hours'.
The model is not the boss, the director/client is, so go wake her up and tell her to get back to her job.

The fact no one did makes whoever was supposed to be managing the shoot/interview just as at fault.

Also to note: I'm not saying it's not bad to fall asleep at work, but she was getting a massage, not exactly 'working', it's not like one of us falling asleep at our computers. i'd fall asleep getting a massage too.

02-07-2014
fashion icon

Maybe there was a mistake in writing and she slept for 7 minutes!

05-07-2014
windowshopping

So, I know the subject of what she's tweeting is against the rules here, but I don't want to discuss what she's saying, but rather the fact that a model would openly criticize a (very important) client/brand on a social media, so ... stupid or courageous ?

twitter/JacMonikaJac

05-07-2014
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhola View Post
So, I know the subject of what she's tweeting is against the rules here, but I don't want to discuss what she's saying, but rather the fact that a model would openly criticize a (very important) client/brand on a social media, so ... stupid or courageous ?

twitter/JacMonikaJac
I respect her for saying that. Though, she may have just stuffed up her chances with working YSL and possibly other clients too (they might see her as 'unprofessional'for speaking out against her employer)

Maybe she would have been better off speaking out on the practice overall without naming any particular clients?

06-07-2014
fashion icon

I don't think it will hurt her career. Look at Crystal Renn or Cocha Rocha.

06-07-2014
V.I.P.

I have to say, I lost a lot of respect for Jac after those tweets. As a model, she should know better what it feels like for another model (or any person, really) to be criticized for your weight/figure. If she had something to say about the industry, then do it in a mature way with arguments, don't need to target certain people who have nothing to do with it. What was the point of posting that guy's picture? He doesn't deserve shaming for the way he looks. If she thinks that the models of the show are "extremely skinny" (massive overreaction and a dose of hypocrisy, but that's another story), and she wants to be vocal about it, then direct the criticism to the brand, designer, casting director, etc, not the models, they have no fault in this whole thing and are simply doing their job.

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #6, behavior, model, post, posting, read