How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
This story is juicier than initially thought
The waitress apparently is an actress who had some minor success - she was on "Skins" and is now waiting tables.
Hahaha, all this drama! A waitress with a history, super rich teens, lawsuits, might as well be chapter in Sweet Valley High.
Jokes aside, Kendall means business, pursuing this girl with a solicitor. Wonder how all this will pan out.

16-08-2014
V.I.P.

It must be nice to be rich, slapping lawsuits in people's faces to stop them from showing you for what you really are...

24-08-2014
backstage pass

Mariacarla Boscono refuses the ice bucket challenge. TEAM MARIA!

http://i.instagram.com/p/sC246yoviH/

24-08-2014
tfs star

Big Drama. She will donate then...

24-08-2014
tfs star

Gotta love her!

If I see one more celeb doing this stupid challenge, I'll have to freak out completely. How about giving a little bit of your billions of dollars to people who are suffering from cancer, refugees from syria, or children in need instead of throwing water over your heads, donating a few bucks and feeling very responsible? This challenge has become completely disproportional to its cause.

24-08-2014
V.I.P.

Love her.

26-08-2014
front row

'I’m too good for Schwarzkopf': Model files $1million lawsuit claiming she was ‘tricked’ into posing for haircare brand’s ads – instead of for Karl Lagerfeld

Ginta Lapina alleges that Schwarzkopf is not of her caliber and has 'diluted' her brand, paying her far less than the six-figure sum she usually commissions

She has also accused her modeling agency, Women Management, of arranging the deal without her consent

Quote:
Model Ginta Lapina has filed a lawsuit claiming that hair care company Schwarzkopf and her agency, Women Management, misled her into doing an advertising campaign, telling her the shoot was for Karl Lagerfeld.

The 25-year-old, who has starred in campaigns for Anna Sui, DKNY and Jill Stuart, says she flew to Paris in July 2013 for what she was told was a photo shoot by Mr Lagerfeld that would accompany an interview with the legendary designer.

She was surprised to discover that the images were actually used in an advertorial, and is seeking more than $1 million in damages as well as a court order prohibiting Schwarzkopf from using her pictures.

She also alleges that Women Management arranged the deal with Schwarzkopf without her knowledge or consent, and that she was paid $19,700 for her time, but not compensated for the use of her images.

'The Schwarzkopf Look 2014 Trends advertorial was NOT [billed as] an advertising campaign, and therefore, the models were compensated only for their time for the photo shoot but not for the usage of their image,' says the suit, filed in Manhattan Federal Court.

The Chanel creative director, who often shoots his own campaigns, did photograph the advertorial, which appears on Schwarzkopf's website.

The Latvian-born model, who married 49-year-old businessman Adam Hock in 2012, says she is accustomed to being solicited for campaigns by clients 'willing to pay a model a high-six figure sum.’

Furthermore, the deal has 'diluted' her brand, because 'Schwarzkopf products and look of advertisement are not of the caliber normally endorsed by a model of plaintiff Ginta's stature in the industry.'

'In sum, Defendants conspired to obtain a top model for an advertising campaign without having to pay the usual and customary compensation that a top model commands,' claims the suit.

The suit also notes that Models.com ranked Ms. Lapina 27th in a list of the highest-earning models this year.

Women CEO Sergio Leccese told the New York Daily News that he was 'surprised and disappointed' by the suit, adding: 'We deny any and all allegations of wrongdoing and intend to seek all appropriate remedies in connection with these issues.'

MailOnline's request to Schwarzkopf for comment was not immediately answered.
Daily Mail

tfs star

Kind of a silly lawsuit, working for Schwarzkopf sure hasn't diluted any of those girls included in that campaign by Karl who shot Mirte, Kasia, nor Soo Joo for the same job.

26-08-2014
V.I.P.

Seems like she's really after the money. I don't think she could care less about what the brand is. 19K or 1M...you pick LOL.

26-08-2014
fashion insider

^I guess she and Adam Hock have a prenup

front row

Not to be rude, but it's not like her "caliber" was ever that high in the first place...

27-08-2014
trendsetter

Wow Ginta! She just torched her own career by stepping on both her agency and Karl's toes. I doubt she'll book much after this, prospective clients would be wary.
Also 'the deal has 'diluted' her brand'. Really?? lol

Last edited by Benn98; 27-08-2014 at 07:47 AM.
27-08-2014
.my prison is your brain.

What a brat.

27-08-2014
V.I.P.

Nothing wrong with Ginta's suit. Unfortunately, it probably will hurt her future career prospects, but the suit doesn't sound frivolous. Sure, it's about the money, and the Complaint admits as much, but what's wrong with wanting to get properly paid? The language about deluding brand, etc is standard in these type of cases. If it's true that she was mislead by her agency and others, I see nothing wrong with making them pay.

.my prison is your brain.

"Top model" my as$.

Love that she provided outfit details

Quote:
Top model Roosmarijn de Kok was in Manhattan Criminal Court on Monday for allegedly shoplifting fish oil and three chocolate bars from Whole Foods in Tribeca

Roosmarijn de Kok, a model, appears in Manhattan Criminal Court on Monday, August 25, 2014. At right is her defense lawyer, Sal Strazzullo.

Top model Roosmarijn de Kok has been charged with shoplifting fish oil and three chocolate bars from Whole Foods in Tribeca, the Daily News has learned.

The 19-year-old Dutch stunner, who donned the cover of Vogue in Thailand and who is signed with Wilhelmina Models, was in Manhattan Criminal Court on Monday to answer charges.

She wore a black lacy leg-bearing dress and pumps as she sheepishly stood before a judge.

De Kok — who nervously hugged her leather jacket — had to be told to stand properly before things got rolling.

"Before we proceed, please tell your client to unfold her arms," Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Denise Dominguez said to her lawyer Sal Strazzullo, who is known for handling high-profile fashion and nightlife clients.

De Kok is charged with petit larceny and criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth-degree for the alleged shoplifting at the 270 Greenwich St. location about 3:20 p.m. on July 18. She was given a desk appearance ticket with Monday as the return date.

A Whole Foods "store detective" allegedly saw her take DHA fish oil and the chocolate bars off the shelf and saw her "conceal " them in a bag. Strazzullo argued that the charges should be tossed off the bat because his client isn't even charged with leaving the store with the items.

"It doesn't state that she walked out of the store," Strazzullo said.

Dominguez told Strazzullo he'd have to re-argue that in a future written motion.

Prosecutors offered de Kok a conditional dismissal, wherein the charges would be tossed after six months if she stays out of trouble, but she rejected it. It's unclear if the same offer will be available next time.

As she left the courthouse, Strazzullo declined to discuss the case but de Kok said she's expecting to appear at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, which is beginning Sept. 4.

"I'm doing fashion week soon," she said, adding that she wore Yves Saint Laurent to the appearance.

Her case was adjourned to Sept. 25 for future arguments.
nydailynews

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 27-08-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #6, behavior, model, post, posting, read