How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-04-2013
V.I.P.

I recall Abbey Lee actually needed knee surgery after her fall at the Rodarte show. So she definitely would be feeling bad if she had to be forced to wear painful shoes. She opted out of that McQueen show with those armadillo shoes because of that, too.

10-04-2013
V.I.P.

Abbey definitely has a tough time on the runway.

10-04-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
^I've seen her cry a lot! There's another video and she's crying. She was tired probably, I don't blame her, she walked a lot of shows back then.
I remember Natasha Poly crying backstage at Diesel S/S 2007 because she was late and Renzo Rosso scolded at her.
Yea I remember that video. She was really crying! From what I understand it wasn't even her fault, the show she was at before ran over, I would think that Renzo would understand that.

That being said, I'm dying to see this video of Alber yelling at Abbey! That being said, she wasn't the only one with issues with the shoes. I remember Alber saying almost all the girls were falling. I also recall an interview where Jac Jab was talking about how she was kinda pissed she didn't get to wear flats during the show because the heels were so painful.

Last edited by lelaid; 10-04-2013 at 07:45 AM.
10-04-2013
V.I.P.

Well that's rude then to yell at Abbey, if many girls had problems with the shoes.
It's a riddle anyways why designers put the girls in those dangerous, sometimes way too big or way too small, heels.

10-04-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
According to multiple sources, Kerr, 30, is being let go as a Victoria's Secret Angel after her $1 million, three-year contract "was not renewed." The reason for the sudden split? One source tells Us that Kerr "has a difficult reputation."
usweekly.com

10-04-2013
rising star

That's very interesting as VS aren't the only brand to let go of her because of her "difficult reputation"...

Quote:
All about value: DJs replaces Miranda Kerr with younger model
Andrew Hornery

Backstage at David Jones' high-voltage fashion shows, it was pretty clear that Miranda Kerr was not just another run-of-the-mill model.
Installed in her own luxurious private marquee regularly filled with fresh flowers and champagne on ice, she would be fussed over away from prying eyes by her own team of make-up artists, stylists and hairdressers.
After five years, it was clear to all who entered her private domain that she was the department store's undisputed queen. Entry was by invitation only, even for David Jones' top brass. On Friday morning the glamour vanished as an ugly, protracted tussle between the model and the retailer finally surfaced, resulting in her contract being terminated nine months before it was due to expire. The news took Kerr by surprise, though she later claimed it was a ''mutual decision''. She was abruptly replaced by a younger, lesser-known model: Perth-raised Jessica Gomes, a Eurasian beauty now being groomed by David Jones to become its new queen.

As the news reverberated throughout the Australian fashion industry, it emerged the decision to dump Kerr had been coming for some time.

The boardroom machinations are also rumoured to have prompted rival Myer to review its long-term association with its star model, Jennifer Hawkins.
For Kerr, negotiations had been dragging on since January. While fashion editors sniped about her hair and make-up at the February autumn/winter collections show in the David Jones ballroom, senior management were not happy when their celebrity muse opted not to walk in the customer showcase the day after the glittering VIP fashion launch.

''In the end it is all about the customer,'' a senior source at the store said somewhat prosaically.
In recent months the retailer had commissioned extensive research into the model and her appeal among its core market: fashion-conscious young women. The results were not good for Kerr. Her increasing fame and jet-set lifestyle with Hollywood husband Orlando Bloom meant many customers no longer ''related'' to the model.
Then came the demands. Kerr, who is based in Los Angeles, wanted to reduce the number of fashion shows she did for the store each year from two to just one.

She also wanted the biannual catalogues for the store to be shot only in the US, enabling her to stay with her son, Flynn, in the US instead of travelling around the globe as she had done previously.

Then came the money. Rumours swirled that Kerr wanted her million-dollar-a-year pay packet doubled. In the end, it simply proved too much for David Jones.
''The money wasn't the obstacle, it was really about how much value we would be getting and it just didn't measure up,'' explained the senior David Jones source.
theage.com.au

10-04-2013
front row

^^Interesting! Seems like no one wants to tolerate that kind of supermodel behavior these days. There's always a new girl next in line who is more malleable and complains/demands less.

10-04-2013
tfs star

^^ Yes, because it must be such a struggle on her life to walk 2 fashion shows per year instead of just one. This girl has to be careful, she's gonna get a bad rep soon. She does not sound professional at all anymore. This isn't like the sweet, bubbly 2006/7 Miranda.

10-04-2013
trendsetter

Didn't a couple of other established models deny to walk in McQueen's armadillo shoes?

10-04-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pen6693 View Post
Didn't a couple of other established models deny to walk in McQueen's armadillo shoes?
I believe those other models were Natasha and Sasha.

11-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post

usweekly.com
More:

Quote:
The source said: 'They can still use her for catalogue, where she will get a day rate, but she doesn't have to be an Angel to do that.'
A separate insider tells People she is known in the industry as a diva, adding: 'She can be difficult at shoots and appearances. She's not very timely. She's standoffish with the rest of the girls.'

dailymail.co.uk

11-04-2013
V.I.P.

^wasnt her attitude discussed before? Im not surprised this has happened

11-04-2013
V.I.P.

When these videos came out (especially the second) everyone thought the other girls had a problem with her. She also just looked like she didn't want to be there. :

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by vivaglam; 11-04-2013 at 09:32 AM.
11-04-2013
Mr. Magic

Quote:
Supermodel Miranda Kerr was not fired as a Victoria’s Secret Angel for “being difficult” but is stepping down because she could not devote enough time to the demanding brand, sources exclusively tell Page Six.

Talks between the lingerie line and the Australian beauty fell apart last week because VS was asking busy model Kerr to devote three months a year to promoting their sexy brand.

But a source with knowledge of the situation told us: “The problem was the time commitment. Victoria’s Secret usually asks the girls who are Angels to commit three months in a particular year to the brand.

“But Miranda has become a big star — she recently signed a deal with airline Qantas and has just replaced Kate Moss as the face of Spanish fashion line Mango,” our source continued.

“While she loves Victoria’s Secret, the time commitment they needed from her as an Angel became too much for her to fulfill. Exactly the same thing happened with Gisele Bundchen and Heidi Klum — their careers became huge, and there were other opportunities which made being an Angel full-time impossible.

“Anyone who says otherwise about Miranda, it’s just sour grapes. She is still going to walk in the show this year, and is still committed to the brand, but their relationship is evolving.”

Other sources tell us Kerr, who has a 2-year-old son, Flynn, with husband Orlando Bloom, also needs the freedom to travel to be with Bloom when he’s filming on location. Her rep declined to comment.

While media insiders whisper that a story of Kerr “being difficult” was planted by those with an ax to grind, Victoria’s Secret’s chief marketing officer Ed Razek leapt to her defense.

He said in a statement,“Miranda Kerr is one of the best models in the history of the business — and easily one of the most popular. She is also a consummate professional. Any rumors to the contrary are simply untrue. We have no plans to stop working with her.” Razek added that Kerr will still walk the runway in the 2013 show.
nypost.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
11-04-2013
V.I.P.

No matter how "difficult" Miranda seems to be, I also think it's rude and unprofessional of the other angels to exclude her that obviously.
It's their job to look like a friendly group of young, sexy women and not like rude and jealous high school girls.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #6, behavior, model, post, posting, read