Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #9 - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-09-2016
V.I.P.

Oh wow, I didn't know Anja and her husband got divorced. And FYI, gays can be into fashion and still like trash - like the people who defend Gucci!

15-09-2016
tfs star

This is too much information for me.

a) I hope the Anja thing isn't true. I don't want to see her as some kind of beard. Being a beard is the most demeaning, humiliating thing when it comes to relationships. I always saw her as a strong, independent, powerful woman.

b) And I'm asking seriously: is there any VS model that isn't dating a millionaire/sports player/celebrity?

EDIT: c) Why the "not gay - Bruce Weber shots"? I didn't understand the joke.

Last edited by EstefaniaAbaddon; 15-09-2016 at 10:49 AM.

15-09-2016
V.I.P.

^I don´t see Anja as a beard either. I´d like to think that he was a closeted gay until he wasn´t and that´s why now they´re divorced. They´ve been divorced/separated for a long time, maybe a year? I remember when they starred in a Holiday campaign together this past season we commented how weird it was on her thread.

15-09-2016
V.I.P.

Btw, I thought all topics in this thread had to stem from a credible source? Don't think hearsay justifies as a credible source.

15-09-2016
V.I.P.

I can remember this article about Anja and Sasha : http://www.thefrontrowview.com/2015/...ation.html?m=1 and it was also discussed in an old thread of her : http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...235369-64.html

15-09-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Wait, what? Anja and Sasha split up? Brandnewinformation.gif. When did this happen? But if he's gay, I can't believe he let her wear that trashy gown to the wedding.
Nearly a year ago now

18-09-2016
trendsetter

The fact they've not divorced says something. He could be biseuxal for all we know, she knew and didn't care and that has nothing to do with the separation.

I think they just grew apart. She jets all around the world for her flourishing career, and he used to just follow her. And then he stopped, and she kept going.

19-09-2016
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by petit fours View Post
What happened to the friendship between Coco and Behati?
I have been wondering the same thing... People do grow apart but they used to be very close when they both started modelling. It seems Behati and Coco stopped hanging out once Behati became more close with Candice etc, but maybe they still hang out though. And I guess the fact that they also have a family life now makes it harder to hang out all the time. Not sure but I think I remember Coco or Behati posting an old picture of the two of them a while ago on their social media, so I guess they're still friends.

19-09-2016
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstefaniaAbaddon View Post

b) And I'm asking seriously: is there any VS model that isn't dating a millionaire/sports player/celebrity?
Candice's fiance is a model but he's not well known at all and I think he comes from a working class background. She might be the only one.

Last edited by Elite13; 19-09-2016 at 01:23 PM.

19-09-2016
fashion elite

#23: I believe, there is still love between them.

20-09-2016
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite13 View Post
Candice's fiance is a model but he's not well known at all and I think he comes from a working class background. She might be the only one.
Really? I never really liked her so I'm quite surprised. Good for her, though! I always love to see models that go against the "norm".

20-09-2016
V.I.P.

Kendall's spanish Vogue shoot causes the stir.

Quote:
Kendall Jenner is a supermodel, member of the Kardashian clan, but definitely not a ballet dancer.

Despite this, Jenner dons ballet shoes and frolicks in a dance studio for a new video from Vogue España—and a lot of people are not happy about it at all.
Quote:
The video shows Jenner trying to pretend to be a dancer while sharing tidbits of her thoughts. "I just want to be able to continue to do what I'm doing—be my friends and live a good life," she says in the video. "Who doesn't?"

But what most people expressed their frustrations about was not what she said, but how she danced. The general consensus from dancers who spoke out on social media was that the magazine should have used real dancers rather than Jenner. They also were not shy about calling attention to her lack of proper form.

Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller even chimed in on Jenner's Instagram post. According to screenshots from The Shade Room, called out Kris Jenner. Comments on that image have since been disabled.

"I don't make it a habit of commenting on all the dancers that post pics with incorrect technique. I would never get anything else done!" the choreographer wrote. "But I cannot be a fan of this shoot. There are so many amazing dancers in the world... Kendall Jenner is not one of them! Shame on momager Kris Jenner!!! She never made these kids take dance class. She better take North West to the studio before it's too late."

Quote:
In a blog post on DanceSpirit.com, Margaret Fuhrer explained why she found the video so insulting: "They decided to dress Jenner up in tutus and legwarmers and have her 'do ballet,' though she's clearly not ballet trained," she explained. "In the voiceover, she talks about 'loving being a kid' and missing childhood; the video is, apparently, a sort of little-girl fantasy on ballerina-ness. Which, OK. But to our eyes, the whole thing reads as pretty disrespectful to the artists who devote their lives to this demanding craft."
Now, i'm not sure if this is serious or not but there's actual articles about it so..
Some tweets and IG posts and etc.. are inside the links too.

http://mashable.com/2016/09/20/kenda.../#Vy80Pl.2Xaqb
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...ancers-8872993
http://www.seventeen.com/celebrity/n...endall-jenner/

Last edited by Scotty; 20-09-2016 at 02:53 PM.

20-09-2016
V.I.P.

Those pictures do look slightly tacky, but I don't approve of such reaction from the real dancers. Models are there to portray people of other backgrounds do their thing. So, saying she shouldn't have posed as a dancer not actually being one is like saying no model should pose as a smartly-dressed business lady without being one or as a rock-star withut being one, etc. I think the dancers are being snobbish and probably even slightly jealous as the attention is not being given to them, but to the models instead. Remember, once it was the dancers, who were on top and it must still be in their culture to crave that attention. Also, I start getting a feeling that Kendall probably gets too much fire from people.

20-09-2016
V.I.P.

just one reference for the dubious source: that dance mom is one trashy and awful woman who wouldn't mind bullying a 13 year-old kid.. *getsfired*

also if there's anything more grating than a ballet dancer on the usual 'don't use ballet flats if you're not a ballerina like myself!' 'don't raise your leg to your shoulders if you're not dancing 10 hours a day like me!' type of irrational ego trip, that's the ballerina's mom.

it's called fashion... when they shoot with cows and pigs, they're not exactly disrespecting the real farmer that gets up at 4 am to milk the cows, it's a theme, pure/flat visual.. get over it.. they're also not stealing any ballerina's potential job (as if, lol), it was about kendall.. they just inserted some random theme that looked good enough.

20-09-2016
V.I.P.

I don´t like Jenner as a model but this is just ridiculous. Seems to me that this people just want the attention than Kendall can bring them.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #8, #9, behavior, model, post, posting, read