Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #9 - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-09-2016
V.I.P.

This is even more ridiculous than the people who complained about Marc Jacobs used of "dreads" at his show.
She was not actually dancing on the video nor the spread... just fooling around. Not one of the pics of the editorial showed her dancing just posing...It just so easy to pick on her mainly because her half sisters are Kardashians.

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

20-09-2016
V.I.P.

Can we permanently ban here these social media "scandals"? Good grief.

21-09-2016
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
She was not actually dancing on the video nor the spread... just fooling around. Not one of the pics of the editorial showed her dancing just posing...It just so easy to pick on her mainly because her half sisters are Kardashians.
No, dancers are upset because she's wearing pointe shoes and "standing" on her box. It's dangerous and it looks terrible. For fashion, it's usually a hit or a miss when having a ballet inspired photo shoot. Sometimes, real ballet dancers are used to show off the clothes and other times, they use models to represent the elegance of ballet (and they do it a terrible way).

Dancers are also upset because of her sickled (biscuit) feet.

21-09-2016
V.I.P.

That is just so ridiculous! Why people overact about the minimum things!

21-09-2016
V.I.P.

Every time someone uses equestrian inspired gear on the runway, I imagine all professional equestrians get furious as well. Or not.

21-09-2016
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionkitten7 View Post
Those pictures do look slightly tacky, but I don't approve of such reaction from the real dancers. Models are there to portray people of other backgrounds do their thing. So, saying she shouldn't have posed as a dancer not actually being one is like saying no model should pose as a smartly-dressed business lady without being one or as a rock-star withut being one, etc. I think the dancers are being snobbish and probably even slightly jealous as the attention is not being given to them, but to the models instead. Remember, once it was the dancers, who were on top and it must still be in their culture to crave that attention. Also, I start getting a feeling that Kendall probably gets too much fire from people.
I think it's a bit of a different thing, since there are so many young women who have taken ballet. It's probably harder to find one who hasn't. I've seen shoots before featuring a model who had pretty advanced ballet training, but it should be so easy to find a model with basic knowledge of ballet--it has to be a significant percentage. I can understand this criticism. To use someone utterly ignorant when ballet form is almost common knowledge, I can see how that would be insulting.

All I can say is I cannot wait for the pendulum to swing back. I am so over the era of 'followers' determining who gets cast

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 21-09-2016 at 11:58 AM.

21-09-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I think it's a bit of a different thing, since there are so many young women who have taken ballet. It's probably harder to find one who hasn't. I've seen shoots before featuring a model who had pretty advanced ballet training, but it should be so easy to find a model with basic knowledge of ballet--it has to be a significant percentage. I can understand this criticism. To use someone utterly ignorant when ballet form is almost common knowledge, I can see how that would be insulting.

All I can say is I cannot wait for the pendulum to swing back. I am so over the era of 'followers' determining who gets cast
She's not doing any ballet poses in those pictures that I saw, so I don't see the need for a model with a ballet background.

So, it's basically the fact that it's Kendall in the shoot? I'm not much into the social media made supermodels myself, but c'mon they have right to shoot whoever they want, despite of what we think.

21-09-2016
#Resist

Of course, and I have the right to turn the page--or not be there in the first place. And I'm not--I haven't seen the shoot. But I have seen multiple references to poor position/improperly executed en pointe, etc.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 21-09-2016 at 03:37 PM.

21-09-2016
V.I.P.

If it's a fashion shoot, does it have to be properly executed? Or rather, the question is, is such reaction by the real dancers justified by that a fashion shoot in a fashion magazine doesn't make it look real?

21-09-2016
V.I.P.

Point is, that video is to support/promote her Vogue Spain cover. They searched for a theme to build around Kendall. They didn't search for a model or a set of skills to build around the theme.

21-09-2016
fashion insider

Watch as Kendall poses as a mermaid in her next editorial and Ariel herself will write her a strongly worded tweet

21-09-2016
V.I.P.

^ lol

21-09-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite13 View Post
Watch as Kendall poses as a mermaid in her next editorial and Ariel herself will write her a strongly worded tweet
for reals. I am so annoyed by all the knee-jerk reactions. Honestly I couldn't believe the MJ controversy. I waited for the pics to show up in the usual spots, I watched the vid, and never did it occur to me that it's offensive. I thought it was weird, even ugly.

22-09-2016
fashion elite

Quote:
frackowiakmagdalena make sure you are on your toes

22-09-2016
V.I.P.

^does she need more followers?
from all the things we can question Kendall about, this is the stupiest imo.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #8, #9, behavior, model, post, posting, read