Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #9 - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-09-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceVixen009 View Post
What's sad this isn't the first time he's done something like this. He's the guy who grabbed Kim Kardashian and apparently tried grabbing Ciara a few days ago. He needs to be prosecuted for this type of stuff.
I think it's also the same guy who kissed Will Smith and got Madonna those hydrangeas that she loathes (that one was actually pretty funny ). But yeah, I don't know how else Gigi was supposed to react. That's really crossing the line.

22-09-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticallyChill View Post
The thing is, ballet is already an art, and fashion usually benefits from it when it uses it as an inspiration. It also doesn't matter that the model was Kendall, if any other model was used who doesn't know how to point her feet dancers would still be upset.

It's like the whole Free People ad all over again...
Yes, it is a developed art form, but should it be above being used as inspiration? The entire situation is magnified, of course. It doesn't just start with features. It starts with designers and stylists drawing from that craft, and trickled right down to Kendall, who was just the final piece of that puzzle.

GC, have they even bothered to police fashion features to this extent in the past? Trentini again did a ballet feature for Vogue with TERRIBLE footwork, didn't hear any complaints. It's seems to me the ballet society is a very arrogant one. And they sure know how to pick their battles. Do you remember when they thrashed Natalie and Mila in Black Swan? Where's the creative liberty here?? Overall it's a very provincial way of reasoning (them, not you). Instead of feeling pressed, I'd be more chuffed to see fashion pay tribute to my passion.

22-09-2016
scenester

The ballet community is an exclusive one and often times arrogant. We have a chip on our shoulder because it feels like everyone assumes it's not a serious profession. Obviously not everyone thinks ballet is easy, but sometimes the community just likes to play the victim.

22-09-2016
V.I.P.

Good for Gigi, I'd do the same thing.

Here's the video
http://smoda.elpais.com/moda/heroina...nde-punetazos/

22-09-2016
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
Good for Gigi, I'd do the same thing.

Here's the video
http://smoda.elpais.com/moda/heroina...nde-punetazos/
After watching the video I say good on her! If I were her I would have done the exact same thing. I especially love how she even tried to go after him but was held back. What a d**k.

23-09-2016
fashion elite

Gigi had every right to defend herself. I think it's a normal reaction for anybody who gets violently grabbed from behind.

This is a sad and disgusting way of allegedly protesting her being in Vogue. There are so many ways to voice your opinion that don't include physically attacking the person you dislike. If I were Gigi I'd sue.

23-09-2016
V.I.P.

First of all, while I agree a 100% with what that guy said in his social media post, this is not the right way to do it. So Gigi had all the right to do what she did.

Secondly, this thread is called "model behavior" so can we please talk about models, not Kendall or Gigi.

23-09-2016
V.I.P.

After watching the video, I'm thinking what was he planning on doing to her once he picked her up? Thank God her sister was there because clearly she needs new bodyguards...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

23-09-2016
V.I.P.

^ Don't exaggerate it's a famous guy who does these stupid things all the time. He wasn't going to harm her in any way.

23-09-2016
V.I.P.

^Do you think she knew who it was? judging from the vid, a stranger grabbed her from behind and lift her up while her bodyguards did nothing. Right there, that´s a scary situation. And you might not like her and have bias against her but imagine this happening to your favorite model, would you be saying the same?

23-09-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
^ Don't exaggerate it's a famous guy who does these stupid things all the time. He wasn't going to harm her in any way.
Don't be ridiculous You may hate her but no one knows what is going through that deranged man's mind... and his actions apparently came from a place of hate, he was not trying to be funny.

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

23-09-2016
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstefaniaAbaddon View Post
I can't stand Gigi but this is f**** disgusting. He has to go to court for this, this is harassment!

And why the hell didn't the bodyguards act?! Are they there just to look tough? How about protect the person you are supposed to protect? Damn...
I trust they'll be getting fired ...

23-09-2016
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
What he did was harm.

Save

23-09-2016
tfs star

Ugh women aren't things like since when is it okay to do that to someone you don't know.

23-09-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
^Do you think she knew who it was? judging from the vid, a stranger grabbed her from behind and lift her up while her bodyguards did nothing. Right there, that´s a scary situation. And you might not like her and have bias against her but imagine this happening to your favorite model, would you be saying the same?
That's not the point I was making.
Apart from picking her up he wasn't going to harm her. Grabbing celebs is his things, and even though it's disgusting it's nothing more than a prank and he's never injuring anyone.

So to answer that Gigi fan's question, he wasn't going to do anything after picking her up.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #8, #9, behavior, model, post, posting, read