How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elielle View Post
It kind of makes me sad to read that, because it comforts me in the idea that we do not see models as emaciated as they really are. We're used to see girls who are scarily skinny, so now we're almost finding it "normal" and not alarming at all.

I doubt that the girl on the picture above is healthy. So yes, I find it shocking.
I've been searching trough this thread and it botters me a lot.
Melissa T. is healthy, that just her body. I don't know if someone people know but there are in this world girls who are skinny just their intire life. And it's just really weird to read this. So skinny girls aren't healthy?????? I know a lot of them and they eat like anyone else (or even more). It's just dumb to find that shocking. It is shocking when someone suddenly is much thinner. THAT IS NOT HEALTHY and even then they can suffer from a flu, stress to anorexic. This is what the modelworld wants, lovehandles aren't done in the industry and it's about the clothes at HF.

Chanel was misplaces at VS, that is about the sexy bodies.

11-11-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I've been searching trough this thread and it botters me a lot.
Melissa T. is healthy, that just her body. I don't know if someone people know but there are in this world girls who are skinny just their intire life. And it's just really weird to read this. So skinny girls aren't healthy?????? I know a lot of them and they eat like anyone else (or even more). It's just dumb to find that shocking. It is shocking when someone suddenly is much thinner. THAT IS NOT HEALTHY and even then they can suffer from a flu, stress to anorexic. This is what the modelworld wants, lovehandles aren't done in the industry and it's about the clothes at HF.

Chanel was misplaces at VS, that is about the sexy bodies.
I agree. Plus, if anyone actually bothered going to Melissa Tammerijn's thread and checking her out, her body is actually quite proportional and healthy in appearance - similar to that of Jacquelyn Jablonski. Melissa just has prominent cheekbones and small breasts.

11-11-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagPony View Post
Whether her size is natural or not, it's is not something that women or girls can aspire to or emulate without making themselves sick and/or f*cked up. And that is what I think the problem people have with her appearing in underwear/swimwear/vs/etc shoots and shows.
Oh yes, because bodies of typical bombshells are very easy to achieve and won't f*ck up up.
Big breasts, super tiny waists, perfectly toned bodies. I think that's your typical everyday request at the plastic surgeon.

I do not understand in what way a body like Chanel is less acceptable than a body like any 90s glamazon, both are totally impossible to emulate and stupid to aspire.
Funny enough, this reminds, and contrary to the official version, as a teen I remember perfectly how happy all the girls were that someone like Kate Moss was a model, exactly because someone that had a body like us could be hailed as a beauty. Yes small breast could also be beautiful and scrawny bodies were not be despised. If you take in a account that boys bedroom walls had Pamela Anderson or Cindy , I think bodies like Chanel or Kate Moss next to those look distinctly average. It's all a question of perspective.
How lingeries model's bodies nowdays became something that is easy and healthy to emulate is beyond me. No amount of work ,diet, or even plastic surgery would make me look like a typical Angel.

Last edited by Les_Sucettes; 11-11-2010 at 07:38 AM.

11-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma View Post
I think that's what bothers me, too. Her body type is incredibly, incredibly rare- she can't weigh over 110 lbs at 5'9, yet she has at least a B cup chest (cups get smaller as band size gets smaller, so she may even be a C); for 99% of the population, that's not attainable. Can she help her size? I have no idea. But I do feel like a brand like VS should be advertising and celebrating bodies that were "earned."
Thanks for mentioning what appears to be Chanel's cup size. See that's the thing despite several posts to the contrary, Chanel has boobs (helped even more so by the tricky engineering of the VS bras) and she has a butt, now she has no hips, and her arms and legs are like sticks - although her legs actually looked a little thicker at the show. IMO, models in general and VS models in particular, are winners of the genetic lottery and are at least in the 95th percentile when it comes to their physicality, so in that respect Chanel's body is no less earned than the others.

While it is unusual, that is not unheard of for someone in their late teens / early twenties to have Chanel's look, I see more bony girls with medium to large boobs running around than the Native American-African-European-Asian melange that produced Adriana Lima, the biggest defference between Chanel and other girls with her proportions is that they tend to be short, so her height is the most freakish thing about her body. I can definitely see why people may find other body types more appealing, and even Chanel's most ardent detractors state that she seems healthy (of course no one knows for sure, but that applies to any model - thin, curvy or plus)... hey, there are several angels / supermodels / VS regulars that most should be able to find one or more that suits their tastes.

Last edited by agee; 11-11-2010 at 08:01 AM.

11-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
and did anyone see the Anja improvement at VS?
which improvement??
she looks horrible skinny as ever... just this time even worse cos they put her in super short lingery

11-11-2010
less is more

^I thought there was definitely some improvement, but she still isn't what you would call healthy.

11-11-2010
front row

Magdalena looked amazing at VS. So happy she put on some weight.

12-11-2010
fashion insider

Esee Models (via Sun Feifei's thread)
What do you guys think?

12-11-2010
front row

feifeis body is just so terribly skinny.... gosh

12-11-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Oh yes, because bodies of typical bombshells are very easy to achieve and won't f*ck up up.
Big breasts, super tiny waists, perfectly toned bodies. I think that's your typical everyday request at the plastic surgeon.

I do not understand in what way a body like Chanel is less acceptable than a body like any 90s glamazon, both are totally impossible to emulate and stupid to aspire.
Funny enough, this reminds, and contrary to the official version, as a teen I remember perfectly how happy all the girls were that someone like Kate Moss was a model, exactly because someone that had a body like us could be hailed as a beauty. Yes small breast could also be beautiful and scrawny bodies were not be despised. If you take in a account that boys bedroom walls had Pamela Anderson or Cindy , I think bodies like Chanel or Kate Moss next to those look distinctly average. It's all a question of perspective.
How lingeries model's bodies nowdays became something that is easy and healthy to emulate is beyond me. No amount of work ,diet, or even plastic surgery would make me look like a typical Angel.
And I agree with that to, a Cindy or an Elle body is equally hard to attain.

12-11-2010
V.I.P.

I found Edita's images at VS quite disturbing. I know she's a tiny little thing but in these pics she barely "there" at all.

rex

12-11-2010
rising star

January Jones is looking thinner than Alexa!

Daily Mail

12-11-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
I found Edita's images at VS quite disturbing. I know she's a tiny little thing but in these pics she barely "there" at all.

rex
I'm not really a fan of edita, so i don't know if she was bigger or smaller in the past. But let me explain the white woman's *** to you: it is, more often than not, flat. that picture was also taken from above and you can see from more head-on pictures that she looks very womanly, with fleshed-out thighs and breasts. nothing about her was bony or emaciated, just healthy.

Quote:
As for Chanel I've always hated her, but her body looks natural and normal for her and who says a woman has to have curves? That's just as unhealthy and prejudiced a message to send as 'a woman has to be skinny.' It's great that VS doesn't discriminate just because she doesn't have the stereotypically womanly build.
exactly.

12-11-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post
What do you guys think?
she looks okay in that picture, but you can't really see her body... all I can think of when I think of Sun Fei Fei is how she LITERALLY looked like a skeleton at that one Sonia Rykiel show.

12-11-2010
fashion elite

You've got to be kidding me with the Edita comment. She looks EXACTLY as she always has... Sometimes its like there's a witch hunt going on in here.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, celeb, model, post, posting, read, thread, weight