How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-11-2010
fashion elite

^Well its not so hard, she looks like everyone else now...

17-11-2010
backstage pass

**** Edited****

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagPony View Post
but having hips doesn't necessarily mean you are overweight.
I didn't say that. I was simply responding to the claim that narrow hips are "rare," that's not true. they just seem more rare due to the obesity epidemic.

Last edited by BetteT; 19-11-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Please show respect towards other members, per the Community Rules.

17-11-2010
oh! darling

I know we're all for models gaining [if they're looking frail], but Behati at this year's show was a bit "excessive."

rex via nothingless, fashiontv.com

17-11-2010
Amour Comme Hiver

^ I don't know... she's definitely gained weight, but she looks muscular to me, not gross. Not to mention, VS show has CRAZY catering from what I understand, so her stomach has probably got a little food baby action going on.

17-11-2010
oh! darling

The first thing I thought is that Behati might've gone overboard with backstage snacks. She does appear... generous around the middle.

17-11-2010
fashion elite

I'd still kill to have her body.

17-11-2010
Amour Comme Hiver

RE: All the Chanel/Adriana talk earlier

I don't think that it's that Adriana's body is "relateable" as much as it's "attainable". Adriana's weight has fluctuated, and her body is very womanly- which, fact of the matter is, is much more common amongst even high school aged young women than Chanel's figure. If you watch what you eat and work out like crazy, you might be able to pull off looking like Adriana (just probably shorter). If you weren't born to have a body like Chanel's, you never will.

Ultimately, though, most of the Chanel bashing- whether it will be admitted or not- is due to the fact that she is a terrible model, and her detractors (myself included) will take any opportunity to challenge her status in the modeling world. :p

17-11-2010
front row

behati has one of my favourite bodies in the business. and faces! gorgeous.
Crystal looks stunning in that editorial. I just hope that this major weightloss has happened healthily. I wish more models looked like her (as she is now) to be honest, beautiful stunning face, strong body, presence etc.

17-11-2010
V.I.P.

Behati looks simply amazing. Welcome to the view of a healthy and real human physique. Although she's still much more slender and so much more toned than your average human being, it's the closest even a brand like VS admits to "looking human and healthy" these days and she was such a relieve to those following the show. If you look at all the comments made on blogs not focusing on fashion you'll find that Behati is the only one not being slammed. But I guess that is anything but positive on a forum like this.

Last edited by diesanni; 17-11-2010 at 08:02 PM.

17-11-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBonChic View Post
I think girls always look healthier in VSFS photos. But even if an active high-fashion, short-term VS model looks so in photos, that doesn't mean she will be "healthy" like that forever, .
I tend to put that 'healthiness' down to all the tanning/ bronzer/ shimmer and makeup they apply on the night. It's quite a contrast to the stark pared-back or heavily experimental looks of HF.

18-11-2010
windowshopping

I do think Behati looks a bit chubby round the middle to be walking a runway show. Even though she may look more 'real' (read: average) than the other VS models it's really not that difficult to have a relatively flat stomach especially if the models ate minimally directly before the show (and I know I'd avoid eating for a few hours before a show where i was walking in lingerie just to avoid the bulge... most girls probably would because most girls are a bit embarrassed showing off a tummy). It's one thing to say that the extreme emaciation of some models is unreasonable and another to say that a more-or-less flat stomach is unreasonable. It shouldn't be. But she looks alright anyway.

Crystal looks good too but her super-defined cheekbones and rapid weight loss make me wonder whether it was really just hiking and nothing else that did this to her. If she seriously got this way after a few months of moderate exercise then it would suggest to me she was extremely unhealthy at her plus size weight because weight shouldn't drop that fast just from walking around a bit. It looks like she's dropped by 6 sizes from half a year ago. So either she's lying about her weight loss tactic or her lifestyle must have been extremely unhealthy before. But her body looks pretty good, whether or not it's healthy for her, and I do wish more models had bodies like it. She looks perfectly lovely in the clothes and I don't see why models of that size would normally never get hired for a shoot like that.

18-11-2010
windowshopping

I'd just like to add that the comments about Behati's picture on the VSFS facebook album included many 'fat' and 'she should lose some weight, she looked better before she gained weight' comments - some of them from men

18-11-2010
fashion insider

I think behati is beyond gorgeous here, but I'm not fond of the belly sticking out that way. I mean I have no problem with her size or anything, I just think that if it were toned it wouldnt be oozing out of her underwear and those ribbons. But if it's because she ate a lot before then its an other story.. :p

18-11-2010
trendsetter

« I wish I had a pot... A pot belly. Pot bellies are sexy. »

About Crystal, seeing her new pictures makes me cringe, and not only because her face looks haggard. I find the contrast between her body accceptance preaching and her yo-yo weight disconcerting and irritating. By constantly talking about her weight history she embraced the role of "plus-size" models spokeswoman and was put in the spotlight. Now that she works with Karl Lagerfeld she coincidentally lose weight, blending with High Fashion diktats by accident.
Whether it was an healthy weight loss or not, she just sends out the exact opposite message of the one she initially promoted. It may sounds harsh but at the end she just looks in my eyes either like an hypocrite desperate to get booked or like a woman with serious body image troubles.

Last edited by Fantomette; 18-11-2010 at 06:34 AM.

18-11-2010
front row

behatis stomach just looks bloated. i dont think she gained weight^^

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #5, celeb, model, post, posting, read, thread, weight