How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-08-2011
MON
V.I.P.

I also agree with ALAUU. SJP can pull it of anytime. She`s on of the few celebrities that can look regal in any clothes given to her.

02-08-2011
tfs star

Anyone that wears and pulls off the Tabi boots are deemed stylish in my books.

thelifefiles.com, retro.obsessedwithshoes.com

This alone says to me that SJP knows what she's doing without the help of others.

--

To me, this chick is just bitter and her rant is rather personal. Why is SJP taking the fault? If she wants to blame celebrities taking jobs away from models, blame Anna for putting them on covers and starting a phenomenon.

And in response to her rant,

1. SJP was never artistic director of Gap, she starred in the campaign.
2. How are celebrities getting dressed by stylists any different than what models do? They don't decide what goes on their body.
3. Stylists may dress celebrities, but they are not held at gun point to wear what may be suggested, so it is rather inaccurate to say they have no decisions on what goes on their body.
3. Patricia Fields gets plenty of praises for her work on Sex & The City and for Carrie's style. Clearly, she is unable to separate the actor from the character.
4. No I'm not annoyed and no one is forcing you to buy magazines with SJP on it.
5. Leave SJP alone.

Last edited by Ives927; 02-08-2011 at 01:17 AM.
02-08-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
5. Leave SJP alone.
Since SJP looks stunningly even if she's walking James to school...

Nice action, bad target.

02-08-2011
fashion insider

Hmmm, while her rant might have some flawed logic... like pointing fingers at SJP when there are far more faux fashion icons, I get that her point is how celebs have taken over the models' work.

And while I do agree with her in that, people relate more to SJP than a model. What she really should have addressed is why models don't have personalities. But let's not forget the super models of the past. Like Helena Christensen said, they were successful because they had personalities.

Models nowadays, unfortunately because it's probably not true, have a vapid image. Gisele, while I personally find her horrid, knows how to stand out.

Last edited by advo; 02-08-2011 at 06:53 PM.
02-08-2011
backstage pass

Very much on point.

She'll probably get blacklisted.

04-08-2011
scenester

on a side note..i think the reason models arent getting as many vogue covers as in the 80s is because there is just too many of them. There are very few 'superstars' like kate, cindy or linda these days

05-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
It's pretty easy to be spiteful when you're doing it from the safety of a computer, I suppose.
Not really, considering she's not hiding behind a screen name. In fact, that's more brave than anything.

SJP is certainly a strange person to use as an example although the point about Patricia Field is true. SJP is harmless though; it's the public who see her as Carrie the style icon and she's simply taking advantage of that..

And using such an old picture is quite redundant but makes me think of those people more deserving of criticism like Victoria Beckham. You only need to look back a mere few years to see pictures of her in nipple baring Cavalli, fake acrylic toe nails and anything else hideously tacky and yet look at how she’s perceived and lauded as a style icon now…and then there’s Blake Lively which I can’t even get into.

09-08-2011
Fashion Designer

I find it even more tacky to take the time to write about how much you hate a celebrity, person, etc...seriously, there's global warming going on and she's hatin' on SJP?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blog, emily, icon, image, jessica, model, parker, rant, sandberg, sarah, style