How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
I think Karmen it actually 2-3 years older than what she is said to be, a lot of Next models are older than their media ages.
I think it's quite possible she is the age she claims to be (20 atm). Karmen at 16 is obviously baby-ish in the face and if you go through her thread you can see how her face matures from this to when she broke through at 18 to now.

12-12-2010
tfs star

^What do you mean?

The girl I feel more bad for is definately Karmen.. Being cheated out of 400,000 and being told by the agency to shut up and be "grateful for being made into a star" is total BS if you ask me.. Your supposed to take commission, not her entire salary!!

13-12-2010
fashion insider

omg just read about that, it's awful! hope the girls win this case

tfs star

Modeling agencies sue one another over claims of poaching

Quote:
The hottest new trend in the fashion industry? Lawsuits.
Over the past few months, as New York models have defected from one agency to another in the hopes of breaking through an increasingly crowded market, a raft of high-profile suits have been filed in city courts. Top agencies such as Next, Ford, Click and Wilhelmina are suing one another for hundreds of thousands of dollars over claims of model poaching.
They're also suing the models themselves for breach of contract; the models, in turn, are countersuing their former agencies, claiming they've been swindled out of earnings.

"I've never heard of this happening with top-tier agencies," one working model, who asked not to be identified, told The Post. "Usually, if a girl no longer wants to be with an agency, the agency doesn't want her there, either."

"I'm less sure that the agencies are poaching than the girls are moving," said Kelly Cutrone, founder of fashion p.r. firm People's Revolution.
Cutrone finds the current spate of intra-agency lawsuits -- at least five involving five models have been filed in Manhattan courts in the last seven months -- puzzling.
"You don't see CAA crying all the time if they lose an actor to William Morris," she said. "It's free enterprise. Contracts don't mean s- - -. They're semi-binding agreements for people who have the money to go to court. No one wants any of these cases to get in front of a jury. It's a game -- time-out the other person and drain all their money."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/w...twvHKj7tlJpexM

13-12-2010
don't look down

Photogenic teenagers should start aiming to become law professionals instead of models, because that's where the real money is going to be made.

tfs star

^ very true

clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
Photogenic teenagers should start aiming to become law professionals instead of models, because that's where the real money is going to be made.
It must be no more than 20 models today who make more than a US physician. Anna J seems to make about half of what a sought after physician makes.

14-12-2010
tfs star

^ That's only what she's owed though, isn't it? It doesn't account for all her earnings. And Anna J. has been on a bit of a break compared to that comeback where she had like 5 campaigns in a season.

They can't be doing too bad, since quite a few of them live in million dollar homes, and not just the top tier models or supermodels, but still successful, e.g. Heather Marks ($1.35 million), Shannan Click ($1.7 million), Maryna Linchuk ($1.1 million)... Models like Gemma Ward and Coco Rocha obviously had pricier homes (from the model apartments thread). Not that all models are millionaires but you don't have to be a Karlie Kloss to make enough money to be comfortable.

14-12-2010
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
^ That's only what she's owed though, isn't it? It doesn't account for all her earnings. And Anna J. has been on a bit of a break compared to that comeback where she had like 5 campaigns in a season.
Oh good.

14-12-2010
tfs star

^

09-12-2011
fashion insider

A year later..do we know was there any settlement??

09-12-2011
fashion insider

Claiming the money you worked for is NOT selfish! Every person, in every job should get their money paid.

The 1 million $ "compensation" is a bit "questionable" though...only in America... (I`d like to know what percentage the lawyer will be getting from that total of 3 million dollars in case of winning the case...)

I hope justice is done.

09-12-2011
tfs star

Im one year behind this.

fashion insider

I googled it but didn`t find any outcome of the case...do I smell an out-of-court-settlement here?

10-12-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin_Chic View Post
do I smell an out-of-court-settlement here?

I think you do.....otherwise it would be in tabloids IMO

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cywinska, jagodzinska, management, models, pedaru, sue