How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2008
fashion icon

Kidman 'saved placenta for Cruise test'
Monday Jan 21 20:00 AEDT

By ninemsn staff

Nicole Kidman kept some of the placenta from a miscarriage to prove that Tom Cruise was the father of her unborn child, the author of a controversial new biography claims.

British journalist Andrew Morton, whose book about Tom Cruise has sparked a $100 million legal threat from the Church of Scientology, spoke in detail about the actor’s relationship with Kidman in an exclusive interview with A Current Affair.

"They did try to start a family [but] she sadly had a miscarriage," said Morton. "And because of all the questions over the father, she ordered that some of the placenta be saved in order to prove paternity — the fact that Tom Cruise was the father."

Morton, 54, said the couple then decided to adopt, sparking rumours that Cruise was gay and the marriage was just a facade.

The author goes on to describe Kidman’s alleged plan to give up acting and "become a nun", as well as the effect Cruise has had on his new wife, Katie Holmes.

"Those who saw [Katie] were shocked about how changed she was," he said.

"Before she met Tom she was a kind of exuberant sparkly eyed girl and [after the marriage] they described her as being 'dead-eyed Katie' and they saw the transformation and it's not me who is saying it, but people who interviewed her who say that she looks like a Stepford Wife — that she is robotic."

Tom Cruise: An Unauthorised Biography has been released in the United States but will not be published in several countries, including Australia and the UK, due to stricter defamation laws and a legal threat from the Church of Scientology.

"Publishers find that it is not really worth it," said Morton.

The Church of Scientology has responded to Morton’s book with a 15-page statement, calling it "a bigoted, defamatory assault replete with lies."

Morton has also written books about Princess Diana, David and Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, Madonna and Monica Lewinsky.

21-01-2008
V.I.P.

How does he know all this stuff about celebs? Who is he? What does he do?

22-01-2008
tfs star

When the Cruise-Kidman family lived in Australia, the daughter of a friend of my mums was best friends with Isabella at school, and they spent a lot of time together. Her impression of Nicole is exactly as the title of this thread says. She says that Tom was an excellent father, always hands-on looking after the kids, getting to know the other parents and very friendly etc. Everything the kids did, was organised by him. Isabella never once mentioned her mother and didn't seem to have much to do with her. Nicole would always appear bored, cold and stand-offish to the point where Tom would be embarassed by her, and she never showed any affection for the children and didn't seem interested in them. This was 8-10 years ago, but still, not surprising.

From a more general point of view, Nicole is always saying that she so badly wants a baby and would be very sad if she went through life never having one. How awful would her kids feel reading that

22-01-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
The "mom" quote was TOTALLY taken out of context.

And besides, this isn't very concurrent with what NK seems like.

So what if there isn't any pics? You don't have to go parading your kids in front of paps all the time. I don't see Madonna with her kids in the tabloids.
I wholeheartly agree. She seems distant yes, but we know she's extremely shy. It's annoying how people always call quiet women "cold and arrogant". Same happened with Carolyn Bessette.

22-01-2008
tfs star

Does it anger anyone else that not being an invested, hands-on parent is automatically equated with being a "cold, petulant, moody diva?"
If Tom were a woman and Nicole a man, no one would accuse her of being cold or moody, but she's a woman and she's more invested in her career than her family. Completely unacceptable

Some people just aren't the parenting type. That does not make you a bad person, and it certainly doesn't make you cold, petulant, or moody.

fashion icon

^ i don't think they're equating it as you say. her alleged diva, petulant behaviour is related to her wanting caviar on the jet, or being demanding of Tom or whatever for some reason.

A few years ago when they divorced or maybe it was before i remember there being a taped phone conversation between her and Tom Cruise in which she was angry at him for not buying her flowers anymore or something like that. I think she was quite rude and demeaning. Some of the transcript was published in a gossip magazine here in Australia but i think TCruise managed to stop any further publication or whatever.

22-01-2008
V.I.P.

I've never seen her as moody or petulant.

She seems like 'lady', and not in a 'bad' sense.

But satisfaction brought it back
22-01-2008
Storm & Sommer

As for the older children not being used as photo ops any more.. I remember reading that Isabella and Connor resented the fact that their parents were celebrities and that they were embarrassed to be seen out and about with them...

pinterest : hanneonpin
22-01-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
As for the older children not being used as photo ops any more.. I remember reading that Isabella and Connor resented the fact that their parents were celebrities and that they were embarrassed to be seen out and about with them...
I remember that too. Their kids even wanted to changed their last name according to either Tom Cruise's or Nicole Kidman's interview.

Last edited by LoveLetter; 22-01-2008 at 10:22 AM.
22-01-2008
V.I.P.

Well..this does concur with stories published much earlier about her.
But, reading this i found myself thinking this might be fulled up from Tom's side. With all the neg publicity he's getting for the whole scio-stuff i cannot restrain myself from thinking Tom had something with this publishing. He's very much seen in positive light, and i'm not saying it's not true (someone confirmed this in fact) but still.. there's a little bug inside me

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms-nietzsche View Post
Some people just aren't the parenting type. That does not make you a bad person, and it certainly doesn't make you cold, petulant, or moody.
If you're not "the parenting type", why adopt? Why get pregnant?

On the other hand, I agree. Noone is really talking about (famous) fathers who neglect their kids or choose career over them.

22-01-2008
V.I.P.

I did feel bad for Nicole the way Tom just left her behind...he didn't even tell her to her face about the divorce.

22-01-2008
V.I.P.

Well giving birth to a child and adopting kid is different and not every parent is going to feel equally the same towards their biological child and adopted kid in some cases but then you seen Brad & Angelina who declared they love all their children equally and you can see that...Ive heard of people giving back their adopted kids obviously adopting kids for Nicole didnt fullfil her as a "parent"...guess she really wants her own kids...

I wonder why he did that too, maybe he really did leave her for Penelope, maybe...I cant believe those two went out, seemed like it never happened

Last edited by lemeray; 22-01-2008 at 04:33 PM.
22-01-2008
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
Well..this does concur with stories published much earlier about her.
But, reading this i found myself thinking this might be fulled up from Tom's side. With all the neg publicity he's getting for the whole scio-stuff i cannot restrain myself from thinking Tom had something with this publishing. He's very much seen in positive light, and i'm not saying it's not true (someone confirmed this in fact) but still.. there's a little bug inside me
i doubt Tom is spreading rumours. The book says negative things about him (even worse) and they're not even going to release it in australia and other countries because of potential legal action.

23-01-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroine View Post
If you're not "the parenting type", why adopt? Why get pregnant?

On the other hand, I agree. Noone is really talking about (famous) fathers who neglect their kids or choose career over them.
I agree with you, but Tom seems like the type who wants kids, and maybe she caved into the pressure

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
biography, cold, diva, kidman, moody, morton, petulant