How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-01-2008
fashion icon

Morton biography: Kidman cold, petulant, moody diva

Kidman 'cold and distant from adopted children'
Sunday Jan 20 11:00 AEDT

By ninemsn staff

Nicole Kidman could be a cold, petulant and moody woman who was distant from the children she adopted with Tom Cruise, according to a new unauthorised biography of the actor.

The Sunday Telegraph reveals Andrew Morton's book on the Scientologist superstar also says Kidman was still dating well-known Australian actor Marcus Graham when she started getting involved with Cruise.

But it is Morton's claims regarding Kidman's attitudes to family that will resonate most.

"Even though the couple had two nannies on-call 24 hours a day, Tom was very much a hands-on dad," he writes.

"When Nicole was away filming or, increasingly, flying to Sydney to spend time with her parents and sister, it could be days before she would phone to see how Isabella and Connor were coping.

"Those who saw the family close up concluded that Tom was much more comfortable and enthusiastic as a parent … the actor was in constant — and controlling — touch with the youngsters and their nannies no matter how busy he was."

Morton says that, by comparison, Kidman often behaved like a "spoilt diva".

"If the jet wasn't stocked with Beluga caviar and all the trimmings she appeared deeply irritated, exhibiting a jaded petulance," he wrote.

"Nicole often seem bored or disenchanted with her life as a Hollywood star, expecting a luxurious lifestyle as her birthright … she had no sense of wonderment about the world.

"So many wonderful things happened to her but she had an enduring sense of boredom … she never delighted in anything."

Morton also claims the Cruise-Kidman marriage soured as Nicole emerged from her husband's shadow and fell out of love with him, despite Tom's efforts to woo her back.

20-01-2008
doldrums

Oh I wonder if it's true.

20-01-2008
front row

There must be an element of truth, I read something similiar a few years ago that said she was never around for her kids throughout her marriage to Tom.

20-01-2008
rising star

didn't she even say the kids don't call her "mom" and katie holmes admitted they call her mom?

20-01-2008
Zen
V.I.P.

^ they call her Nick from my understanding. It was mentioned in the Vanity Fair issue she
was in not long ago. And I guess it was mean't as a joke. But who really knows?

20-01-2008
V.I.P.

I bought this today...and I kind of believe it...I for one find it odd that she is never around her older kids. Even he is barely seen out and about with them anymore....not that photo-ops are necessary but when you pimp the hell out of that baby...

20-01-2008
tfs star

I believe it.

20-01-2008
V.I.P.

Yeah I find it strange you never really see them with the parents, the paps have taken pictures of the kids alone but with caretakers. And if they are with them they dont look very attached. I can just imagine Nicole and Tom just throwing money at them...I didnt even know they had kids together until a few years ago...

20-01-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeray View Post
Yeah I find it strange you never really see them with the parents, the paps have taken pictures of the kids alone but with caretakers. And if they are with them they dont look very attached. I can just imagine Nicole and Tom just throwing money at them...I didnt even know they had kids together until a few years ago...
It's kind of sad that they really aren't too attached publicly to either parent...Tom sort of replaced them with Suri...and with Katie they make the photo-op of his new family. And now Nicole is having a child...

20-01-2008
rising star

I find it believable, but I still find it tacky that Katie admitted to the children calling her "mom" in a magazine interview. Even if they don't call Nicole "mom," Katie should not go around broadcasting that they do happen refer to her that way. I don't find it classy towards Nicole at all.

John Cocteau
20-01-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslauren View Post
I find it believable, but I still find it tacky that Katie admitted to the children calling her "mom" in a magazine interview. Even if they don't call Nicole "mom," Katie should not go around broadcasting that they do happen refer to her that way. I don't find it classy towards Nicole at all.
Katie's interviews are almost completely scripted, she usually just keeps repeating the same information over and over. That was an interesting slip up but I have no doubt Tom told her to say it...cause Nicole had been going around dissing Scientology...

20-01-2008
V.I.P.

The "mom" quote was TOTALLY taken out of context.

And besides, this isn't very concurrent with what NK seems like.

So what if there isn't any pics? You don't have to go parading your kids in front of paps all the time. I don't see Madonna with her kids in the tabloids.

But satisfaction brought it back

20-01-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
. I don't see Madonna with her kids in the tabloids.
I often see pics of Madonna with her kids.

I believe these rumors. I've always got the impression that Nicole is stuck up and not interested in being a mother. Thats why I was suprised by her pregnancy. But I don't think Tom is a much better parent either. He seems more interested in traveling with Katie and Suri than staying at home with his older kids. I hear they stay with his mom or sister mostly.

20-01-2008
V.I.P.

Hmmm...everytime I've seen in her interviews, she seems very gracious.

But it's a celebrity autobio, which should be taken with a grain of salt.

But satisfaction brought it back

21-01-2008
Deep Red Bells

^ And the author in this case isn't known for his cold hard facts.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
biography, cold, diva, kidman, moody, morton, petulant