How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2010
V.I.P.

I'll wait to comment until it's confirmed since this could just be fashion week gossip, but I never bought the fairytale romance storyline. It always seemed obscure to me that this older guy (who I admit looks very young himself) was chasing after a teenager who spoke no English...it's funny how this was so white-washed in the media.

20-02-2010
fashion insider

Well their relationship was always a bit weird, he has no apparent job besides following his wife at work.

But they always gave the impression they were very much in love, so i hope is not true for the sake of those lovely kids they have.

20-02-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Girl View Post
The only reason their marriage seemed perfect was because of magazines always portraying them as some fairy tale romance. A poor girl from Russia marries a wealthy man.Natalia and Justin both benefited greatly from this as well.

If this is only a separation, I hope they continue to want to be married. Why ruin a good image that brings in business and editorials.
How is this even relevant?

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
I never bought the fairytale romance storyline. It always seemed obscure to me that this older guy (who I admit looks very young himself) was chasing after a teenager who spoke no English...it's funny how this was so white-washed in the media.
In the articles I read, it wasn't so white-washed if you could read between the lines.
Natalia said the night they met was at the kind of party arranged by model agencies where rich guys hook-up with young models. She went there knowingly and Justin was quite drunk and hitting on one of her friend before moving on to her (she played hard to get, smart move).
Then there's the fact that she first got pregnant because she wouldn't use contraception, preferring to let 'fate' decide or something...

That said, despite the rather shady beginning of her relationship, I do believe they are (or at least were until recently) very much in love and committed to each other.
I certainly hope that rumour is baseless gossip, they do have a beautiful family.

20-02-2010
don't look down

Like every marriage, there's a lot more going on underneath that doesn't match the public perception.

windowshopping

This still hasn't been confirmed has it?

I was really shocked when I first read the article, but on reflection it makes sense. She was 19 when they first met, and only just beginning her successful modelling career. I think you change the most in your early twenties - it's when you really grow up and change from being a girl to being a woman. The fact that he didn't seem to have his own career but was happy to follow her about the world was sweet, but I can see how as she grew older and developed her confidence and own ideas about the world, that could begin to seem controlling and restricting.

A similar thing happened to one of my friends, who married a much older man when we were 20. He seemed like a really good catch when we were younger - he had money, he seemed stable, she immediately upgraded her lifestyle and there was a marked difference between what she had and what the rest of us had. But it's been nearly 10 years now and everyone's finished university and got proper jobs, so we have money too now. The lifestyle they have doesn't seem that much more different. She's grown up, and her husband doesn't seem able to cope with the fact that she doesnt' hang off his every word any more and he can't control her.

I'm only speculating, of course, but I can imagine how Natalia V's situation would be similar only much much more exaggerated because of her spectacular career, etc.

20-02-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
In the articles I read, it wasn't so white-washed if you could read between the lines.
Natalia said the night they met was at the kind of party arranged by model agencies where rich guys hook-up with young models. She went there knowingly and Justin was quite drunk and hitting on one of her friend before moving on to her (she played hard to get, smart move).
Then there's the fact that she first got pregnant because she wouldn't use contraception, preferring to let 'fate' decide or something...
I agree, the whole thing seemed seedy...setting up foreign, young teen models with rich older guys. I'm not passing judgment on her but she was no doubt resourceful with the pregnancy, this was her investment whether her career blew up or not, lucky for her it did. And I agree, they do/did seem very much in love.

20-02-2010
V.I.P.

Despite the dubious beginnings of the relationship, they always seemed so sweet and happy together!

But satisfaction brought it back
20-02-2010
V.I.P.

I remember hearing a rumour about this a few weeks ago. I have to say I'm quite saddened by it, not because I believed they were truly in love but because it seems as though most supermodel relationships are destined to fail.

20-02-2010
fashion elite

Seems like it's false...

February 20, Finch & Partners Pre-BAFTA Party - Red Carpet Arrivals

getty

20-02-2010
V.I.P.

this is not ture!

21-02-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochi Chernye View Post
Seems like it's false...
YAY I'm sick of reading about people breaking up. Not just celebs but just everybody.

21-02-2010
Vogue Paris Intern

Maybe their relationship has been challenged recently (as it is the case with all relationships at one time or another) and rumours of divorce started from there even if the situation between them isn't that bad.

I don't understand how you could live with someone for more than 8 years and have 3 children together if you weren't in love with each other all this time, so I don't think we should doubt the feelings they've had for one another.

21-02-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochi Chernye View Post
Seems like it's false...

February 20, Finch & Partners Pre-BAFTA Party - Red Carpet Arrivals

getty
YAY!!

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 21-02-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Please do not quote images.
21-02-2010
front row

^ Natalia and Justin 4eva!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
antoine, arnault, dating, justin, natalia, portman, separate, vodianova