How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-07-2010
trendsetter

There was a big post today on spletnik.ru that she filed for divorce. Apparently Justin is a gambler and is not as wealthy as everyone makes him out to be. It said also that Natalia is the primary breadwinner and that she grew tired of him, and started an affair with the director of the Russian first state channel.

16-07-2010
trendsetter

Here is the link to the article (in Russian) http://spletnik.ru/blogs/pro_zvezd/1...dala_na_razvod

16-07-2010
fashion elite

^thanks for the info. Just how reliable is that website?

Also, regardless of whether she is the primary breadwinner or not, there is no denying that a big reason for her being so successful is her commercial exploitation of her 'fairytale' wedding and romance.
If they divorce, Justin should be entitled to a share of her modeling earnings, same as women who get a settlement because they supported their husband's career.

Last edited by Harumi; 16-07-2010 at 11:44 AM.
16-07-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
^thanks for the info. Just how reliable is that website?

Also, regardless of whether she is the primary breadwinner or not, there is no denying that a big reason for her being so successful is her commercial exploitation of her 'fairytale' wedding and romance.
If they divorce, Justin should be entitled to a share of her modeling earnings, same as women who get a settlement because they supported their husband's career.
Well, I guesss this is still classified as a "rumour" cause there was no official confirmation, but it's been in lots of major blogs and newspapers in Russia yesterday and today, with some juicer "inside" info. I guess the point is, there is no smoke without fire.
I agree that the whole rags-to-riches-prince-in-shining-armour played a huge part in her success. Literally every article ever written about her mentions the story and her husband. However, I am sure the court would take into account the fact that Justin NEVER worked, doesn't have to work and would otherwise probably do the same - travel the world and hang out with beautiful women. It doesn't look like a huge sacrifice on his part.

17-07-2010
fashion elite

Even if they do divorce, Natalia's earnings probably don't surpass those of the Portman's. The Portmans fortune is estimated at £1 billion. Plus I'm pretty sure they signed a prenup. Natalia herself said the only reason they married was so that Lucas could be entitled to his inheritance.

17-07-2010
clever ain't wise

So the Vogue Italia pic of the Dec issue....was true?

17-07-2010
Vogue Paris Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
So the Vogue Italia pic of the Dec issue....was true?
Which pic??

17-07-2010
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchCactus View Post
Which pic??
Joking...this one.

17-07-2010
Vogue Paris Intern

^ Haha, got it

28-07-2010
scenester

Is it true?

on the come up

What's with these two? Once in awhile this thread pops up...

28-07-2010
less is more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochi Chernye View Post
Even if they do divorce, Natalia's earnings probably don't surpass those of the Portman's. The Portmans fortune is estimated at £1 billion. Plus I'm pretty sure they signed a prenup. Natalia herself said the only reason they married was so that Lucas could be entitled to his inheritance.
I do hope Natalia signed a prenup. At the time, Justin's goal would have been to protect his wealth. But nowadays, Natalia is very successful in her own right, so I hope the prenup would protect her and her hard earned money.

Justin is probably very rich, by our, normal standards. But, I don't think he is as rolling in it as people may think. After all, he is the younger son of a viscount. His elder brother probably got the lion's share (property, company holdings etc.), while Justin probably got a lump sum cash inheritance upon the death of his father. If it's true that he's a gambler (and likes the high life, which all the picture we've seen of the couple do suggest), maybe he's burning through his inheritance.

I, for one, wouldn't be sad to see Natalia flying solo. I'm sick of the fairytale image and the manner in which the couple met and their age difference never sat well with me. Now, she's a grown up, confident woman now. She has the tools and personality be a successful and single business woman and philanthropist, who sells more than just an image or a company's product. I could see her taking the Elle McPherson route, with a successful lingerie empire or something like that. She can definitely transcend the normal career arch of a model and have true longevity.

28-07-2010
V.I.P.

Isn't she pregnant with their fourth child though?

Not that it'd change anything but.. that's what I last read, instead of divorce rumors.

V.I.P.

^^no, it was an article about the Stella McCartney campaign and mentioned Stella being pregnant and it got people confused

30-08-2010
fashion elite

According to an article on life.ru, the rumors are true and the divorce is to be finalized around winter. Here are photos of her leaving a gym with Andrei Boltenko.

life.ru

Last edited by Ochi Chernye; 30-08-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
antoine, arnault, dating, justin, natalia, portman, separate, vodianova