How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-04-2008
trendsetter

first of all, nathan isn't gay. secondly, i read on a blog that gael recorded a song with devendra a few years ago, and i wonder if that's how he and natalie were introduced? purely speculation, but funny connection between the exes.

13-04-2008
trendsetter

This is getting quite interesting. Nathan and Natalie looked like brother and sister. Twins in fact. Maybe he was too pretty for Natalie.

13-04-2008
tfs star

whatever happened to gael garcia bernal? i thought they were together. . .

and who is this guy? and who is nathan? i'm so out of the loop!

13-04-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabella View Post
whatever happened to gael garcia bernal? i thought they were together. . .

and who is this guy? and who is nathan? i'm so out of the loop!
Hopefully, I get this right.
  • Gael and Natalie broke up about one and half or two years ago. I don't know the exact date. Both were private about that relationship.
  • Nathan Bogle is one of the co-founders of Rag & Bone. He and Natalie dated last year. They were seen walking in New York and at a tennis match.
  • The dirty guy, she is seeing now is named Devendra Banhart. He is some musician, I have never heard about.

13-04-2008
V.I.P.

this may add 'cool' points on natalie but it just decreases devendra's credibility.. especially after such a disappointing album last year.. he used to be an outstanding musician.. a few years ago. I think his appearance at the Chanel show was his road to perdition. pretty sad..
he was dating Helena Christensen last year non?. and then Gael collaborated on his album last year as well... ahh.. memories begin to surface.. and amuse. :p

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffam View Post
... secondly, i read on a blog that gael recorded a song with devendra a few years ago, and i wonder if that's how he and natalie were introduced? purely speculation, but funny connection between the exes.
I'd be surprised if Natalie didn't meet Devendra through Gael. Gael guested on Devendra's album and worked with him on the music for one of his films.

He was in one of Devendra's videos (fast-forward to 2:48):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMIYz0TZ-U

And he sang onstage at one of Devendra's concerts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CfIczdxaIU

Considering that Gael and Devendra seem to be close acquaintances -- maybe even friends -- this new coupling must be a little awkward.

13-04-2008
tfs star

What's wrong with her dating Devendra? He's probably far more talented and interesting that the pretty boys in Hollywood

Zen
V.I.P.

I'm not surprised with this news. I mean, didn't she date singer Moby some time ago?

13-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
No. She said he was a maybe gaybe. Basically, his sexuality is up to discussion because he has that gay vibe going on. Now, seeing how she acted with him and how she acts with her new boy, I can believe Nathan was just her GBF.
You know I never got that gay vibe from Nathan. He was just pretty I doubt that he was just her GBF because they were making out insanely in a match at the US open tennis. I dont know why they broke up since Natalie is so private but I would guess it would be hard for any guy to keep her attention for a long time. She is soo togerther (smart, gorgeous, compassionate, beautiful) that the guy would have to bring his A game all the time. I dont see this relationship lasting too long... afterall he has a brief fling with Lindsey and she dubbed him the sexiest man in Hollywood

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
13-04-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
I've looked him up on Youtube and his music is extremely bland and has been done thousand times before and better (some compared him to a much less talented Jeff Buckley). That video of him singing at Jools Holland with candles around him and some Mongolian coat on his shoulder was like the biggest cliche ever. He's like the 'transcendental' answer to a hipster.

I don't think he is ugly, just unkempt. Hopefully he won't have any influence on Natalie's style, which is nothing special but at least clean cut and unpretentious.
Uhhh, he sounds nothing like Jeff Buckley.

Not even taking his music into consideration, Devendra is a very interesting person with an assortment of endearing qualities.

13-04-2008
trendsetter

Any guy that can play instruments and is in a band is a lucky guy. If Devendra is any good or not has a musician is subjective. He has a chance to bang every hot chick in the entertainment world, and he is going after it. Can't blame him for that.

Last edited by Working Girl; 13-04-2008 at 10:08 PM.
13-04-2008
backstage pass

yeah, ^^^^^i just would have never thought Natalie would be one of those chicks thats getting banged by a musician dude. How sad that is to see. i feel sorry for her dad. lol. i wonder how he feels about this....

I thought she didn't date Moby?
i remember in a interview she was doing, the interview guy said that "Moby has
announced that u two are an item?" and she quickly answered no. she thought the
reporter dude was lying. But he said he wasn't, so she said " hmm... i have to speak
with Moby then." So i dont know if they didn't date, or they did but she wanted to keep
it private. ???

Last edited by 2you; 13-04-2008 at 11:53 PM.
14-04-2008
barack and roll

This thread sort of makes me sad. I get disliking his music. I like his older stuff a lot better. And I tend to like songs versus albums (if you're curious about what he sounds like- I'd check out 'The Body Breaks') I had NO idea he was close with Gael though. That makes it more interesting! He was friends with Lindsay Lohan, yes, but all I ever saw of them "together" was her interviewing him once for Interview magazine. Who knows if they are still friends now! And I don't think that is any reason to decide he isn't worth Nat's time. It might be foolish, but I've got faith in her taste. After all, isn't it widely reported Gael cheated on her? Perhaps prettier isn't always better....

14-04-2008
i'm almost ready..

so many good points there kylen^...really refreshing, thanks...

14-04-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

I think people are giving them both too much credit. Just because someone in smart, pretty, compassionate doesn't mean they don't have issues or that that defines them. Likewise, I don't think Devendra can really be 'different' from anyone in Hollywood given that he is friends with a load of them. Either way, I don't really care. If he looked different, people wouldn't give two figs. It's just that he's unconventional.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
banhart, dating, devendra, natalie, portman