How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-12-2010
V.I.P.

Talk about boom out of the nowhere....

Congrats to them anyway! It sure is an exciting time for her.

27-12-2010
Vogue Paris Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDeLit View Post
Could you please be more specific ? Why would this pregnancy guarantee her an Oscar ?
I can't speak for Jennika, but it is obvious that the Oscars are not about who's more talented, but who's most popular. Portman is everywhere these days: the Black Swan, Vogue, Miss Dior Chérie ad (that's so random... but I digress)... She even "inspired" the writers' of The Social Network by telling them how Harvard really is (yes! really!... even if she wasn't on the campus when The Facebook was born). All this to say that her team is pushing her (TOO) hard for her to have an Oscar. And on top of this today we learned that she's going to have a baby and a marriage. I'm not so cynic to say this is the perfect timing, but it does assure more media coverage for her and therefore more chances of having an Oscar.

Oh and at this "I never talk about my private life but I'm going to gush about it in Etertainment Weekly" statement.

Last edited by FrenchCactus; 27-12-2010 at 05:29 PM.
27-12-2010
V.I.P.

Natalie is always working as an actress so whenever she might have a child people could accuse her of doing it for publicity.

27-12-2010
backstage pass

^^ Yeah I agree that she's a tad overrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchcactus
I can't speak for Jennika, but it is obvious that the Oscars are not about who's more talented, but who's most popular.
Definitely, it's just the way you both put it that made it sound like she was gonna get the Oscar solely thanks to her pregnancy, but now I get what you mean

27-12-2010
V.I.P.

Some recent Oscars are well deserved (Kate Winslet), then there are the popularity Oscars (Bullock).

Oscars are for marketing mainly thats why studios campaign so hard to get the 'Oscar winner' or 'Best actress' written on the DVD case which attracts consumers. There are more than enough awards ceremonies that celebrate serious acting so there's no need to make such a fuss about the Oscars being a popularity contest.

27-12-2010
V.I.P.

She wasn't gushing in EW. I found it to be a quick simple statement confirming it because now a days if you don't confirm a pregnancy people will continue with is she or isn't she and build it up more then it has to be. She has kept her private life private. I rarely if ever read about her personal life other than this relationship and that's only because her fiance's ex told the press he left her for Natalie. She isn't featured in the tabs a whole lot ( at least from my perspective)

backstage pass

wow congrats to the happy couple!!

27-12-2010
trendsetter

Natalie having a child?!! Whoa..seriously did not expect this, but what amazing news!

V.I.P.

I don't think Kate Winslet deserved at all. Anne Hathaway, Melissa Leo and Sally Hawkins (who wasn't even nominated). Even Meryl Streep was.

tfs star

Kate campaigned hard for that Oscar. I read so many articles where she talked about being nominated five times and still not winning (but it may have been one interview that was just repeated everywhere). And I think she talked about it on Oprah as well. It got to the point where people saying she was whining for an Oscar.

If we're talking about undeserved Oscars, I think Halle Berry was undeserving of her Oscar and she only got it because Denzel was winning that year and they wanted two black winners so they could show how progressive and diverse Hollywood was becoming. Nicole Kidman should have gotten it for Moulin Rouge that year. They tried to make up for that the next year by giving it to her for The Hours. Speaking of Nicole Kidman, I think she's Natalie's only real challenger for Oscar this year. But she's already won and it's hard to win twice.

27-12-2010
V.I.P.

tho i've yet to see Michelle and Nicole in their "Oscar" movies this year i have to say that Natalie did nothing (emotionwise, awardwise) for me in Black Swan, IMO she was even the weakest link of (an already merely okay) movie. always thought she had an "overrated" image, now next to it i find her talent as dubious.

all of the girls this year are pushing it hard, Portman had luck to get another thing to be talked about and it might just be part of the public that Aronofsky and she herself might've had hard time penetrating up until now, this softens her image quite a bit.

fashion elite

What a surprise! Congrats to them

27-12-2010
V.I.P.

dang. i dont see this lasting either....very random!

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
27-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanii94 View Post
Random..
HAHHA I tought the same

Then I did remember that she is almost 30 years old
and in that age people udsually start
thinking about getting kids and getting married.
NOT ALLWAYS, but often.

Anyway, Congrats to them!
Black Swan has really been life changing experience for her.

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I'm surprised! But I'm happy for Natalie, as this is hopefully happy news.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
baby, boy, engaged, natalie, portman