How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-05-2005
trendsetter

Natalie Portman Shaves her Head
FromTIME.com: No, It Wasn't A Bad Perm -- May. 16, 2005

Level-headed young NATALIE PORTMAN is anticipating a range of responses to her spare new hairdo. "Some people will think I'm a neo-Nazi," the Garden State star suspects, "or that I have cancer or I'm a lesbian." We would also like to warn her of a probable "Hey, Sinťad!" faction. You see, this isn't like Britney Spears going brunet. Portman, the exotically coiffed Padmť Amidala in Star Wars: Episode III--Revenge of the Sith, allowed her petite pate to be shaved on camera in Berlin last week, a process she describes as "really exciting." The 23-year-old's shoulder-length chestnut locks were sheared for a prison scene in this fall's futuristic drama V for Vendetta. In this next film from the makers of the Matrix trilogy, Portman plays a suspected terrorist in a totalitarian state. Days after the shoot, she says, "I can't stop rubbing my head. It's so soft, I might keep it for a while." Hmm, a hot new bald star with action-adventure experience? Somewhere Vin Diesel's agent is quietly freaking out.

No pictures yet....!

09-05-2005
V.I.P.

typical. 'i'll shave my head and i'll feel the character'. bah.

V.I.P.

Wow!! I'm sure she'll still be beautiful. Lucky bi-atch

09-05-2005
trendsetter

...I'm thinking she's thinking it's OSCAR worthy...changing appearance.

With her bone structure she'll be able to pull it off. Oh wait - you can't!

09-05-2005
V.I.P.

i love her..i wish that she had won an oscar for closer...she rocks....

V.I.P.

^ I love her, too. I think she's destined for an Oscar. Head shaven or not (although making yourself "ugly" does seem to speed up the process...)

09-05-2005
V.I.P.

Bald head or not...I'm sure she'll still be very beautiful. I can actually completely picture her with a saved head.

09-05-2005
V.I.P.

who cares ! shaved head or not - she looks good all the time

09-05-2005
V.I.P.

I wait for pictures before I judge. But I'm not reaching for the razor anytime soon!

09-05-2005
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
typical. 'i'll shave my head and i'll feel the character'. bah.
Er...she did it for the role...I think you're reading too much into it.

Anyway, I'd love to see pictures of her with her newly bald head - I'm curious to see how she looks!

09-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingellecat
"Some people will think I'm a neo-Nazi," the Garden State star suspects, "or that I have cancer or I'm a lesbian."
How ignorant is that kind of comment?!!!!!!!! Is she that fearful of the image she'll be projecting? Then don't shave your head poor innocent girl..... Because if you do then we'll all think she's supposedly lesbian or that she has cancer. How lame is that. Her comment is doing the reverse effect. By saying something like that, she wants to make sure we don't mistake her for a lesbian, a neo Nazi or a cancer patient.

Hello!?

09-05-2005
tailored

here's a pic

tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
How ignorant is that kind of comment?!!!!!!!! Is she that fearful of the image she'll be projecting? Then don't shave your head poor innocent girl..... Because if you do then we'll all think she's supposedly lesbian or that she has cancer. How lame is that. Her comment is doing the reverse effect. By saying something like that, she wants to make sure we don't mistake her for a lesbian, a neo Nazi or a cancer patient.

Hello!?
sometimes she says the weirdest stuff...remember in allure when she said she knew what it felt like to be black??

within an embrace

^ she wrote in and corrected how they had mis-quoted her. That wasn't what she'd said. It's all about condensing quotes into small managable pieces in articles these days - don't take what people say at face value.

...and I was just about to post that picture - I rather like it! I couldn't do that - I love my hair too much.

09-05-2005
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu

Hello!?
I really don't see that as an ignorant comment - it's how she thinks that people might perceive her. She has a point - there are some people in this world that don't follow celebrity news that closely that might think that if they saw her on the street one day and just recognized her. People can come up with some pretty ODD conclusions, and she's just saying that she thinks that some people might think that, which is true, some people inevitably will. Ultimately, she doesn't seem fearful at all, but rather speculative.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
head, natalie, portman, shaves