Nick Wants Support, Jewelry from Jessica - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-02-2006
Zen
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirene
I'm really getting sick of seeing her in those stupid Pizza Hut commercials too!
Me too! The one I could not stop laughing was the one with Miss Piggy. Jessica says "and I thought I was the POP star" or something like that. It was for Round Table Pizza and their new "pop" pizza or something like that. I haven't seen Miss Piggy in a while and I say, she's looking much better then Jessica Simpson....

19-02-2006
NOE
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish
I think Nick was actually worth more than Jessica when they married.
That's probably why.

I agree he is entitled to some of the money she made while married to him. Nobody really gave a **** about her before Newlyweds.

That really made me nostalgic for a time when the general public didn't care about Jessica Simpson's every move.
Yeah, It's hard to remember when Jessica wasn't as popular as she is now... But when they got married HE was the one with the money. He's a smart, down-to-earth mid-western guy that knows how to save hard earned money... she on the other hand knows how to spend it

I believe she was actually in debt when they married... due to her album having rough sales and her big wedding. The ONLY reason she became famous was from the Newlyweds, which took TWO people to create. Nick was more famous and had more money in the beginning believe it or not. Her father didn't want a prenup at the time... Ha, HA!

V.I.P.

I agree that he should get some money. I don't think they signed a prenup though because I don't think that they thought that they would ever be headed for Splitsville but whatever.

19-02-2006
backstage pass

He deserves half the earnings because if it wasn't for him Jessica wouldn't be able to afford her LV bags and awful fashion sense.

I don't think Nick is broke but I think he is a hard saver who would rather be frugal than "spend it up". I remember watching Newlyweds and how annoyed he used to get at Jessica's spending habits.
I also remember reading an article were Nick wanted to be smart with their earnings because he knew fame was fickle and they wouldn't be raking it in forever.

rising star

I really hope JS fades into obscurity, she's put feminism back 20 years and encouraged young girls to revel in stupidity

20-02-2006
backstage pass

Man, everyone is making good points here!!! I think he entitled to get some of the dough because he's part of the reason why she got so big in the first place. I'm surprized they lasted this long and him putting up with all her crap.

20-02-2006
V.I.P.

I don't like Jessica so Im supporting Nick. I think he deserves the money and I agree with everyones comments.

20-02-2006
V.I.P.

don't like the idea of men going after their ex wive's money. ugh. perhaps that's a lingering bias from my own parent's marriage but I still find it ungentlemanly. Jessica was the whole reason that show was successful but whatevs.

V.I.P.

Wow people are making good points. And to think, they marketed Jessica Simpson as wholsesome once upon a time

20-02-2006
NOE
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixibella
I really hope JS fades into obscurity, she's put feminism back 20 years and encouraged young girls to revel in stupidity
I agree. She's dumbing down our society.

mmmmmm...fashion....

schadenfraude..anyone?

20-02-2006
trendsetter

Agree with all!
BTW: Wasn't she bashing the great Britney Spears once upon a time. In reality she's Britney redux.

High five Nick!!

27-02-2006
windowshopping

Bleah. I hate Jessica.

I hope that Nick does get the spousal support. He would get the money Jessica spent so much on and would (I hope) help Jessica manage her money better once she's not famous anymore.

27-02-2006
tfs star

Nick would have gotten his own earnings from Newlyweds, why does he have any claim to hers?

28-02-2006
NOE
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml2
Nick would have gotten his own earnings from Newlyweds, why does he have any claim to hers?
They actually didn't make much money from that show... BUT, Jessica's career expanded BECAUSE of the show. No one cared much about her before Newlyweds... but the show which she did WITH Nick enabled her to do a comesmetic line, clothing line, shoe line, 'acting', magazince covers, comericls, etc.

It's one of those weird things where no its not Nicks money... but Jessica wouldnt have any money or any career if it weren't for him.

It's funny how her dad INSISTED on NO prenup before they got married (because Nick had more money) and how look whats happened.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jessica, jewelry, nick, support