How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-08-2013
front row

Numero and Vogue Vietnam?
I'd just heard an information that Vietnam is the next country that has Numero. I think it's 90% true cause some people who work in fashion magazine industry here confirmed that. But the most shocking news is Vietnam's gonna have Vogue.

I personally don't think it's the right time for any high fashion magazine like Vogue to approach to Vietnam cause as far as i know the magazine industry in Vietnam has to face a lot of difficulties. Beside that, the amount of Vietnamese people who know fashion is very few. Believe it or not, a lot of people can't pronounce "Elle" or "Harper's Bazaar" or some brands the right way.

18-08-2013
rising star

That's extremely bizarre! In the ASEAN region i've never considered Vietnam as one of Asia's fashion conscious country. It's weird, i thought the most promising market in asean countries would be Singapore or Indonesia.

18-08-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koibito View Post
I'd just heard an information that Vietnam is the next country that has Numero. I think it's 90% true cause some people who work in fashion magazine industry here confirmed that. But the most shocking news is Vietnam's gonna have Vogue.

I personally don't think it's the right time for any high fashion magazine like Vogue to approach to Vietnam cause as far as i know the magazine industry in Vietnam has to face a lot of difficulties. Beside that, the amount of Vietnamese people who know fashion is very few. Believe it or not, a lot of people can't pronounce "Elle" or "Harper's Bazaar" or some brands the right way.
I live in Vietnam and to be honest, the fashion scene here is painful. One of the most famous (or infamous) designers claim to have a higher monthly income than John Galliano (which was nearly $5m back in the day when he was still at Dior); although most of his designs are blatant copies from big fashion houses . Models from NTM shows are the ones who really make it in the industry. Most models don't know how to pose and they try to have boobs as big as possible . I don't think it's the right time to have such high fashion publications here.

There was one time I tried to buy an issue of Elle, but when I asked the staffs at the bookstore, they had no idea what it was. Turned out they pronounced it as 'e-lit' .

18-08-2013
front row

For some reasons Fashion industry in Vietnam develops very amateurish. I feel like there're missing something. They have everything the rest of the world have: International brands, magazines, reality shows... but nothing seems professional.

I don't want they to ruin Vogue and Numero just like they're ruining Harper's Bazaar and Elle. But if the information that i heard was true, i'd like to see how far could it go.

18-08-2013
fashion elite

Vogue is ruining their own brand. Vogue is not exclusive or glamorous anymore, its just like any other magazine. We used to have a couple of irrelevant Vogue editions but now half of the time I open a Vogue thread its irrelevant content.
About Numéro I dont really care. There is the french versions and then the asian ones that I honestly cant say which one is the worst.

18-08-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
Vogue is ruining their own brand. Vogue is not exclusive or glamorous anymore, its just like any other magazine. We used to have a couple of irrelevant Vogue editions but now half of the time I open a Vogue thread its irrelevant content.
About Numéro I dont really care. There is the french versions and then the asian ones that I honestly cant say which one is the worst.
I can't agree more.

20-08-2013
front row

I can tell you that Numero Vietnam is happening. It will be launched Spring 2014. Vogue is still in negotiation but I don't think CondeNast will approve Vogue Vietnam because Vietnam fashion industry is still very amateurish.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
numero, vietnam, vogue