How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-10-2006
Fashionably Late

NY Yankee Killed in Plane Crash
This is so sad. My dad flew to NY this morning and said that the rain was so bad HIS US Air flight didn't even have an business being in the air-- nevermind a private pilot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2621860

11-10-2006
front row

how terrible god bless them

11-10-2006
More Old Skool Than You

From a friend at a Buick board:

"Shame I got to meet Cory Lidle when he was a Philadelphia Phillie. We actually did a show on him and his new plane and had him fly us around while we did a interview in the air with him. Guess I can be glad that was'nt today! He was a nice guy!"

Poor guy.

flaunt the imperfection..

moral of the story... never take a sightseeing tour by plane or helicopter around manhattan... i've never seen a plane go into a buiding like this (except 9/11 of course).. but i have seen countless helicopters go into the river... ... such a tragedy!!... and there were people in the apartment!!!

11-10-2006
Fashionably Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
moral of the story... never take a sightseeing tour by plane or helicopter around manhattan... i've never seen a plane go into a buiding like this (except 9/11 of course).. but i have seen countless helicopters go into the river... ... such a tragedy!!... and there were people in the apartment!!!
I know, it is horrifying! I wonder if those poor people living there thought it was a terrorist attack at first?

11-10-2006
V.I.P.

I can't believe this, being a die hard Yankees fan. I was so shocked when I was watching the coverage and then they said it was a Yankees pitcher. I just keep thinking that if we had won the series this past weekend, and we were still in the playoffs, then this wouldn't have happened. My condolences to his family and to the other victims.

Last edited by christina126; 11-10-2006 at 04:18 PM.
11-10-2006
fashion icon

Were there people inside the apartment? I keep reading about this and all the articles keep going on about the plane pilot. They don't mention anything about the people living inside the apartment.

Good thing it was during work hours.

11-10-2006
trendsetter

I swear to god as new yorkers I feel as if we're really becoming desensitized towards these things. They showed us what happened on the news to today at school and people just like "oh my god that's horrible, does anyone live near there? No? well ok...who wants to go shoot some hoops?" It was really weird.
My condolences to the family though, I know a lot of yankee fans are crushed right now.

11-10-2006
V.I.P.

the thing is in that area radius, small planes and helicopters are not restricted to fly near those buildings and they are not required to call the towers and neither does the tower require to call in the pilot which to me am very disturb to hear such practice still being tolerated AFTER 9/11! And with this horrific accident on the day of 10/11 is even more nerving. Although, i'm relieved it's not another terrorist attack it still angers me that the FCC tolerate small private aircraft to come that close to high rise apts. I've seen countless times of helicopters, Cessnas fly past my families and friends' windows and terrace like it's a game.

Gave one heck of a scare this afternoon, when all we heard was an unidentified aircraft crashed into a building in midtown! Equally scary when my building is considered terrorists hit list according to homeland security. And i just got back from Europe and forgot all about our terrorist safety packages and drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey

11-10-2006
V.I.P.

..oh my condolences to my Yankees and to the Lidle Family

11-10-2006
trendsetter

This is so sad..I was right near there today..it's hard to believe
RIP

11-10-2006
VSFS 2009!

I know it's awful. Anyone else in NY went in the area? Not a pretty sight.....

11-10-2006
V.I.P.

I read the news when it first came out and I thought it was another terrorist attack. Thank god it isn't.

But satisfaction brought it back
11-10-2006
front row

i work 6 blocks from there and my doctor lives in the same building, he couldnt go home after work today...it was really shocking, lots of people were crying, they thought it was a terrorist attack.

V.I.P.

That is such a sad story! I saw it in the middle of my Tyra Banks show today

I feel so bad for the people of NY,, it must have been so scary reliving those scenes. My heart goes out to everyone

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
crash, killed, ny, plane, yankee