How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-01-2006
etre soi-meme

ooops ..the worst dressed for 2005 list
here it comes, re-posted from cnn, original from Reuters

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters)
- -- Pop singer Britney Spears Tuesday topped an annual Hollywood worst-dressed list compiled by a fashion designer who called her an "over-the-hill Lolita."
Mr Blackwell's list, which also slammed starlets Mary-Kate Olsen, Jessica Simpson, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton, summed up 2005 as a particularly bad year for "couture chaos, wardrobe wrecks and stylistic sleaze."
Spears, who gave birth to her first child last year, has been a favorite on Blackwell's list for the past five years. He described her Tuesday as going from "princess of pop to the ultimate fashion flop."
The self-appointed fashion guru's lists are a Hollywood tradition. Over the years they have poked fun at everyone from Queen Elizabeth to Elizabeth Taylor.
In his 46th report, Blackwell said that Olsen, 19, who with her twin, Ashley Olsen, heads a multimillion-dollar entertainment empire appealing to young girls, looked "depressingly decayed" in her "bag lady rags."
He called Simpson, 25, a "cut-rate Rapunzel slingin' hash in a Vegas diner" and said Lohan, 19, was "drowning in grown-up groaners" that added 30 years to her looks.
Blackwell said hotel heiress Hilton looks "like yesterday's cheesecake," criticized "Desperate Housewives" television star Eva Longoria for "garish taste" and described Oscar winner Renee Zellweger as looking like a "painted pumpkin on a pogo stick."
Blackwell urged the women on his list to emulate the "effortless beauty and memorable style" of Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Kate Moss, Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman and Dionne Warwick.
Blackwell's worst-dressed women of 2005 are:
1) Britney Spears
2) Mary-Kate Olsen
3) Jessica Simpson
4) Eva Longoria
5) Mariah Carey
6) Paris Hilton
7) Anna Nicole Smith
8) Shakira
9) Lindsay Lohan
10) Renee Zellweger
Copyright 2006 Reuters. All rights reserved.
i dont even know how most of them dress (eva Longoria/ mariah carey/ shakira) but the rest absolutely deserve their place in this list

Last edited by Lena; 11-01-2006 at 03:01 AM.

11-01-2006
V.I.P.

I think MK shouldn't be on the list.

And Renee, her style is boring but not the worst.

The rest I agree.

11-01-2006
tfs star

I don't think Renee Zellweger or Eva Longoria(though I don't like her) is that bad at all....

But Britney at #1 is defnitley fitting.

11-01-2006
mindbottled

Britney just had a baby! If you were a new mother who is not in the best shape of her life, who breastfeeds and has KFed for a husband (god forbid), would you be tooting around in brand new designer duds? I don't have any special affinity for her, but i think she should be cut some slack.

11-01-2006
tfs star

I would love to give Brit the benefit of the doubt, but new mother or not, why can't the woman throw on a bra? Gross.

And she knew K-Fed was a bag of douche when he left a pregnant Shar Jackson for her.

I have no sympathy.

11-01-2006
PopWillEatItself

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueChic
Britney just had a baby! If you were a new mother who is not in the best shape of her life, who breastfeeds and has KFed for a husband (god forbid), would you be tooting around in brand new designer duds? I don't have any special affinity for her, but i think she should be cut some slack.
Yeah right... we've seen her before being pregnant and she looked the same old crap.... the girl could not dress to save her life....

anyone has the best dressed list??

11-01-2006
JEM
rising star

I also agree with Britney being number 1, it's not because you are a new mother that you have to let yourself go to a point that Paris Hilton has more than style than you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but having a baby does not stop you from brushing your hair once in a while, or even just sometimes cleaning your face. i'm not asking for much, oh and a bra.

front row

I think the list is fairly accurate , though I dont think Zelwegger has ever worn anything particualry offensive ( well not bad enough to land her in top 10)

11-01-2006
front row

i think mariah carey isnt bad she only sometimes need the bra!!and britney spears deserves the spot she was a worst dresser for a looong time i tell u before her marriage even!
lindsay lohan i guess the blonde hair doesnt suit her at all really..dats why!

11-01-2006
fashion insider

I don't think MK, Eva Longoria or Lindsay Lohan should be on that list. They looked fab last year.

11-01-2006
fashion elite

I agree with the "list"..

11-01-2006
V.I.P.

^me too!

Last edited by Bluestar07; 11-01-2006 at 06:04 AM.
11-01-2006
V.I.P.

i couldn't agree more with this list, i love it!!!!

11-01-2006
V.I.P.

oh, and i forgot: hahahahhaha, Lindsay!!!!

11-01-2006
rising star

I definitly agree with Eva Longoria on the list... she looks tack-o-rama.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, dressed, list, ooops, worst