How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-06-2005
front row

Oprah refused entry at hermes store
"Don’t expect Oprah Winfrey to accessorize with Hermes bags any time soon. Spies in Paris report that, in a stunning display of ignorance … the Hermes store in (Paris) refused entry to the talk show queen. "Oprah didn't have her hair done," says a source. "When she tried the door, they refused her entry because they have been 'having a problem with North Africans' lately…'“

page six

Last edited by seasecrets; 20-06-2005 at 08:51 PM.

20-06-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasecrets
"Don’t expect Oprah Winfrey to accessorize with Hermes bags any time soon. Spies in Paris report that, in a stunning display of ignorance … the Hermes store in (Paris) refused entry to the talk show queen. "Oprah didn't have her hair done," says a source. "When she tried the door, they refused her entry because they have been 'having a problem with North Africans' lately…'“

page six

I have a feeling that a few sales ladies at Hermes have lost their jobs lately.

That is just wrong and I really do hope that they apologize. I also hope that Oprah has enough influence to make Hermes suffer just a tiny bit.

20-06-2005
offline.

OMG!! Oprah should be let into any store... even if there are birds nesting in her hair... and she smells like poo....

20-06-2005
backstage pass

That was possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Dumbass - you - know - whats.

Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation.

20-06-2005
rising star

Hmmm, I have the feeling that very soon a giant volcano will open up and engulf that store. . .and then all of the employees will mysteriously come down with small pox. . .and somewhere, Oprah will stroke her money and laugh.

But, in all seriousness. . . those sales ladies are going to be so very fired soon. . .and I doubt they will get very good recommendations to work anywhere else. I would say poor Oprah, until I realize that she has more money than God.

20-06-2005
V.I.P.

They should let ANYONE enter their store.

20-06-2005
front row

Yeah that is dumb...

Someone will be out of a job.

20-06-2005
V.I.P.

Im mixed about choosing who to let in and who not to let in. I think they're stating thier exclusivity, you can't look like or be the riff-raff cause you're not getting in. But at the same time the person should have had some sense and should have been like "its Oprah, we're not gonna win"

I think they're stating that you have to look like a Hermes woman in order to get in, I guess that's why Britney, Mary Kate, and Lindsay dont have Birkins.

20-06-2005
front row

This cracks me up.

20-06-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
Im mixed about choosing who to let in and who not to let in. I think they're stating thier exclusivity, you can't look like or be the riff-raff cause you're not getting in. But at the same time the person should have had some sense and should have been like "its Oprah, we're not gonna win"

I think they're stating that you have to look like a Hermes woman in order to get in, I guess that's why Britney, Mary Kate, and Lindsay dont have Birkins.

I agree with you there, but they did specifically say that they had been having problems with North Africans lately. So the store wasn't trying to keep up appearances, it was just based on her race.

20-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchbaby
I agree with you there, but they did specifically say that they had been having problems with North Africans lately. So the store wasn't trying to keep up appearances, it was just based on her race.
And that is any better how?

Sonja

20-06-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjanicky29
And that is any better how?

Sonja
It's not really. . .It's just another kind of prejudice. Instead of racism it's class-ism. I was just answering Diorling on the whole idea of super ritzy stores not allowing "riff raff" in, but in this particular instance it wasn't about that.

20-06-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
They should let ANYONE enter their store.
Agreed... Anyone should be allowed to shop wherever they want and if they can't afford it they should be allowed to look! (Pretty Woman all over again) Not letting someone into their store because of their race is disgraceful ESPECIALLY since the people working there seem to be ingorant enough to realise that the one they refused entry to because she was North African is also one of the most powerful celebrities in the world! HA they're in deep poo now!

20-06-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
OMG!! Oprah should be let into any store... even if there are birds nesting in her hair... and she smells like poo....
that made me laigh so hard. If I could give you karma i would! Girl, that was funny!

20-06-2005
trendsetter

These stores should have insurance up the ying yang for theft, if that is the problems they were having with North Africans. I'm sure that was just an excuse.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entry, hermčs, oprah, refused, store