How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2013
front row

To be honest, after hearing his defence, I do think that he is innocent..

20-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

How in the world?!?!

- We know he lied about not having his prosthetics on, as detectives found the shots were fired from to high of an angle for him not to have them on.
- The angle on her body that she was hit indicate that she was not on the toilet as reported but in a crouched position behind the toilet. [Hiding, clearly].
- His holster on his gun was located on her side of the bed.
- He would have also had to walk past the bed to get to the bathroom.
- Witnesses saw lights turn on before the shots.
- Witnesses heard fighting between them.

If he gets away with this it will be as big as OJ Simpson getting off.

20-02-2013
clever ain't wise

And who would shoot someone through a door? Yes, if you knew for a fact tht it was an armed person inside but otherwise....

20-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berryciaga View Post
To be honest, after hearing his defence, I do think that he is innocent..
I'm really curious to hear why you think that?

20-02-2013
backstage pass

I don't see how anyone can even think this man could be innocent if you think this through.

It's such a flimsy excuse: Wouldn't he want to wake up his girlfriend sleeping next to him first and get her to flee and call for help if his macho self were to confront the "burglar" in the locked bathroom with a gun? No, let her sleep while I crawl to the bathroom and shoot the intruder instead-- don't want to disturb her...

He shot her like some wild game while she tried to hide from him. Lovely man.

21-02-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Nike and Mugler have each dropped Oscar Pistorius as a brand ambassador in the wake of the shooting death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. According to Nike, the accused murderer and double-amputee athlete's lucrative endorsement contract with the sportswear giant has been "suspended" pending the outcome of his criminal trial. Pistorius had been the face of Mugler's AMen fragrance since 2011 — the men's version of its popular Angel scent — but the company announced it is withdrawing the ads out of "respect and compassion" for the Steenkamp family. Pistorius had starred in Nike ads that bore the tag-line "I am the bullet in the chamber."
Jezebel.com via WWD

I'm not surprised by this news, the brands are doing the right thing by dropping his contracts, it's what happens whenever a major celebrity does something terrible. Obviously the companies don't want to be associated with someone & a situation like this and I don't blame them.

V.I.P.

It's so sad. It's hard not to recall OJ and that whole fiasco. I still can't believe he was acquitted. Let's hope that doesn't happen again!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
21-02-2013
fashion insider

I have a bad feeling that he is going to be acquitted. His lawyer just seems to be fustratingly good at his job.
Posted via Mobile Device

22-02-2013
backstage pass

^I think so too. Here in France the news just go on and on about how good his defense is, they've already put one investigator out of the picture, and they try as hard as they can to make the accusation lose credibility..

22-02-2013
fashion insider

I'm listening to the bail hearing now and I think he's going to be granted it.
Posted via Mobile Device

22-02-2013
trendsetter

According to People.com his bail was granted.
I will never understand how people can actually kill someone and get off so easy ...

fashion icon

Oscar Pistorius Granted Bail in Murder Case
Quote:
Pistorius' longtime coach, Ampie Louw, had said before proceedings began that he is considering putting his runner back in training if he is granted bail to allow him to "get his mind kind of clear."

Louw said he realizes that the Olympic athlete might not be emotionally ready to give any thought to running.

"The change is that he is heartbroken, that is all," Louw said in the courtroom, surrounded by reporters and television cameras. "For me it is tough to see that. Not to be able to reach out and sit next to him and say, 'Sorry, man, it was a terrible accident.' But I cannot do it, I must just sit here in court and that's all.

"The sooner he can start working the better." said Louw, who was the person who convinced the double amputee to take up track as a teenager a decade ago.
cbsnews.com

I didn't want to quote the whole article because it was rather long, but these paragraphs particularly stood out to me. I don't know why exactly but it seems a bit gross to me that Pistorius's coach would even consider something like this right now. I mean, would he even be allowed to compete in competitions? It's not like he's allowed to leave the country anyways. I think it's the statement where the coach says, "sorry, man, it was a terrible accident" says it all. It's far to lighthearted of a statement almost. And it doesn't capture the severity of the situation, it sounds exactly like how a lot of other people are viewing this case, that Reeva died in an "accident." An accident would be if she had died while doing something mundane, that wasn't as a result of someone else's behavior. To me, this isn't an "accident" and I'm quite upset that others don't see it this way either. I guess this case has really gotten to me, I seriously hope that this doesn't turn into an OJ-type case, that would be terrible.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 22-02-2013 at 02:18 PM.
22-02-2013
fashion insider

The problem is the absolute incompetency of the prosecution. I mean they contaminated the crime scene and made an officer who is also facing attempted murder charge represent them and lead the case. Pistorius' lawyer made the prosecution into absolute jokes yesterday in a way I don't think has ever been seen in a public case such as this. It is obvious that he murdered Reeva but the prosecution's lack of evidence is going to be their downfall.

22-02-2013
V.I.P.

^ It's also money-related. Public or state officials often don't get paid as much and so perhaps aren't the highest quality of legal representation. On the contrary, someone like Pistorius can afford the best attorneys who are sharks and ready to find as many loopholes or mistakes as possible. When money is no object, it's possible to create a "dream team" a la O.J. Simpson. I watched that trial when it was happening, and it was truly amazing to see that defence team at work. They did whatever they could to create "reasonable doubt" and in the end, the jury bought it. And I use the word "bought" here deliberately.

It's sad, but money talks.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
22-02-2013
Stitch:the Hand

i dunno how i feel about this really. the only thing i've been able to reconcile with from all the accounts of his actions leading up to this was that this guy was super-paranoid. the whole case has been really bizarre....from the lead investigator being taken off for his own murder charges......the accusations that investigators trampled on evidence.....the dramatic 4 day bail hearing.....not only does it all rekindle memories of oj but it also reminds a lot of the amanda knox case.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
charged, death, girlfriend, model, murder, oscar, pistorius