How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
I am so watching this now! Thanks for the thread Bertrando3.
you're welcome Carmen Kass ahaha hopefully you're the real one ahaha :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisGalaxy View Post
Damn, ALT really got all these people to work for Tyra...
She deffenetly got hooked with ALT because without him she would still be putting models on Seventeen magazine... I wonder what will happen when ALT leaves the show
actually it has nothing to do with André Leon Talley, this time it's Franca Sozzani who asked Tyra for it, after she asked her to be a permanent contributing editor for Vogue.it:

[...] Italian Vogue editor in chief Franca Sozzani initially reached out to Banks, stressing she wanted to expand into the American marketplace (hello, Anna!). As part of the new partnership, Sozzani agreed to give the winner of season 15 an Italian Vogue cover and two in-book fashion spreads. Banks also serves as a permanent contributor to the magazine’s Web site. “I see a lot more in store for Italian Vogue and Bankable Enterprises across multiple media platforms,” she added. The show is already in more than 100 countries and has 17 international editions. yesss Tks Franca

from WWD

and celebrity and fashion news websiteFashionologie confirmed it.

and more for people who might think André helped Tyra to get the Italian Vogue cover for the show's ultimate prize this year: styleite.

All and all I know a lot of you lost the interest in the show because no real top model has gone out from the show, yet people can deny the fact that the girls are working but still I know what WE want: someone who could really appear anywhere and everywhere just like Raquel, Coco, Lily, Natasha and the other top girls of the moment. I say: "let's see what comes out this upcoming cycle... You never know."

27-06-2010
fashion icon

This season is best season ever.

fashion icon

When does this extravagayza begin? I'm going to mark the date ominously in my dolphin calander.

V.I.P.

I'm sorry, but just because they are bringing in new judges, new prizes, new photographers etc. doesn't mean the girls are going to be any more successful/versatile/interesting etc. than the previous winners/contestants. I mean, come on where are the past winners? Walking for Marc Jacobs? Modeling for Gucci? On the cover of Vogue? No. I'd embarrassed if I were Tyra, none of these girls have actually gone on to become 'America's Next Top Model'.

27-06-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanii94 View Post
I'm sorry, but just because they are bringing in new judges, new prizes, new photographers etc. doesn't mean the girls are going to be any more successful/versatile/interesting etc. than the previous winners/contestants. I mean, come on where are the past winners? Walking for Marc Jacobs? Modeling for Gucci? On the cover of Vogue? No. I'd embarrassed if I were Tyra, none of these girls have actually gone on to become 'America's Next Top Model'.
Exactly, the cast is still gonna consist of mostly puffy-faced average girls who just happen to be tall.
And America hasn't had a top model in YEARS.

V.I.P.

i'm pretty sure [or at least i hope that] they're gonna take girls that already have agencies but are in the development boards

30-06-2010
trendsetter

this cycle is a must watch for me.. can't wait for the next 'surprise'.

30-06-2010
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

thats quite huge for the show and Tyra is lookin great

01-07-2010
Some Like It Hot

They aren't doing the show to purely find models, they are doing it for ratings, pure and simple
i think getting people like Andre, Vogue Italia and Patrick in the show they're clearly trying to find a new viewing demographic, members like us on here, that are interested in the industry more than the average teenage viewer looking for abit of drama to entertain their rather miserable lives, those teenagers aren't going to know who Patrick Demarchelier or Andre Leon Talley, or even know of Vogue Italia
i haven't watched the show since .... maybe series 6, I've never taken them seriously, nor will i ever take them seriously
i think the only slightly 'successful model' that has come from the show is possibly Yaya, from her stint as Wilhemina Slaters daughter on Ugly Betty

front row

I don't think alot of you are giving it enough credit, there actually have been alot of girls with true modeling potential, and same who have been quite sucessful. Although, the only truly sucessful winners are Danielle (C6) and Nicole (C5). Danielle has walked for Y-3 and Nicole modeled Burberry Pre-Fall. Of course that's not all they've done but those are just an example.

Mollie Sue (C6) has appeared in multiple editions of Vogue, and Katarzyna (C10) had an editorial in Vogue Australia (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34636929@N07/3347121681/). So I don't think it's fair to say none of the girls who come off of the show are sucessful.

Last edited by iRyan; 04-08-2010 at 02:32 PM.
19-08-2010
fashion elite

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!! GUYS LISTEN TO THIS:

Designers Roberto Cavalli Diane Von Furstenberg, Patricia Field and Zac Posen, photographers Matthew Rolston, Patrick Demarchelier, Francesco Carrozzini, models Karolina Kurkova, Margherita Missoni and fashion experts Kyle Hagler of IMG Models and Franca Sozzani, editor-in-chief of Vogue Italia, will all appear on ANTM when it returns to the CW Sept !!!

fashion elite

oh I forgot my source: tyrabrasil.com and tvwatch.people.com

and they have a promotional trailer with all these REAL FASHION STARS!!!

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/08/18...berto-cavalli/

Can't wait for cycle 15 y'all !!!

V.I.P.

It's already posted on the discussion thread.

19-08-2010
V.I.P.

Thanks for the news Bertrando3

19-08-2010
Amour Comme Hiver

Wow... ANTM is definitely going through a major image overhaul. At this rate, I think Tyra might even lower the age requirement she deliberately set rather high.

I definitely think it's possible to find a beautiful, wispy 18+ diamond in the rough- I even think there have been girls in the past that, with the right management, could have really done something big (Mollie Sue and Fatima come to mind). Hopefully, improving the show's fashion cred will help de-stigmatize the winners and really allow them to pursue serious modeling careers.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
15, america, cycle, demarchelier, model, patrick