How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-06-2011
scenester

Pedro Lourenço, Fashion's Next Big Thing?
Good read about Pedro here - Meet The 20-Year-Old Designer Poised To Become Fashion's Next Big Thing

Source: Forbes Magazine

17-06-2011
V.I.P.

He's like the Blake Lively of the fashion world. I feel like people are trying so hard to shove it down our throat how talented he is instead of just letting his work speak for itself. Personally I haven't been impressed by any of his collections yet. I think it often isn't a good thing when there's too much hype too soon. He has enough time to evolve and improve and that's when he can prove himself, hopefully. The whole considering he's so young his collections are pretty good thing won't help him in the long run because he won't be 20 forever.

17-06-2011
scenester

I'm not that impressed with his creations either. Believe it or not, everytime I seed something made by him I think, 'hmm, could've done that myself'. And having parents in the business certainly doesn't hurt... But for a 20 year old, that's something.

18-06-2011
chaos reigns

His Paris show ... reminded me HEAVILY of Blur's "Music is my radar" video .. same same boots/shoes. And even though there are something interesting about his techniques, and his choices of fabrics sometimes work amazingly in others it just doesnt. He needs to polish more his look and not be afraid of softer fabrics.

Oh and the article and all this hype could be seen as nepotism at is best, the boy's got talent, but nothing that makes go OOOOhhh and AAAAahhh

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
big, fashion, lourenÇo, pedro, thing