Perez Hilton claims Black Eyed Pea’s front man Will.I.Am assaulted him! - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...

23-06-2009
Oh Yeah!

Ugggh he deserves it

23-06-2009
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellat View Post
while i understand how Perez is really annoying sometimes, well most of the time i dont think punching him was necessary at all. violences is not ok. i hope for some pictures or something else to be outthere, i believed what perez said but there needs to be proof about it.
I might normally agree, but this goofball walks around with a sign hanging around his neck that says "Punch Me".

23-06-2009
Oh Yeah!

^ I agree. I'm so glad someone did it. I hope he learned a lesson or two

23-06-2009
Fashion Designer

i just had the biggest fight with my bf about this. he thought he had it comming . i still think its not of for someone to hit another but its sort of true, perez put himself in that position, an dim surprised it hasnt happened before. not that i wantes to but, i see not a lot of people think the same way i do.

23-06-2009
rising star

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/22/perez-...aught-on-tape/

23-06-2009
front row

As much as I agree with violence is never the answer, specifically to a guy running his mouth for whatever reason, you can't honestly be in total shock with the end result of calling a guy a fag, from Perez of all people. It's reality, you'd get the shxt knock out of you saying x amount of disgraceful comments to people, sometime or another, karma hits... literally.

Perez had just entered in a wrong territory by his own doings and Will took it another level, rather unnecessary and I most defiantly feel he shouldn't be going off scotch free. Perez on the other hand is acting incredibly childish with that rant on Youtube, if he ever took in consideration that perhaps maybe once, just once if he hold some class with celebs he's supposedly "friends" with he wouldn't be finding himself in this possession. The victim act is wearing thin, he's really not that innocent in this event.

23-06-2009
scenester

I don't understand why Perez of all people would call Will.I.Am a 'faggot'. I always got the impression that Perez would be against the use of that word. :S

23-06-2009
backstage pass

^
he knew it would set him off. and frankly the fact that he lost his sh!t for being called a faggot says a lot about will.i.am.

23-06-2009
Oh Yeah!

BTW y did Mario call Will as such?

23-06-2009
tfs star

I saw it today.. but watching it for more then 10 minutes.. I wanted to punch him myself!
(just kidding )

23-06-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I might normally agree, but this goofball walks around with a sign hanging around his neck that says "Punch Me".
I agree, not to mention he started the fight and called him certain slander that will receive repercussion among 'men' shall we say.

besides, Will I.A.M. is not the one who assaulted him, rather his manager.

V.I.P.

I do not feel sorry for Perez Hilton at all; he had it coming.

This is a guy who makes it his life's career to gleefully mock and jeer people on his website, drawing disgusting sexual images on people's pictures, call girls "slut, ****, whore, bitch, fat etc," and going on a verbal rampage against anyone who dares disagree with his holier than thou beliefs.

He's lucky that he hasn't been physically attacked till now. Most celebs don't say anything b/c they want to be on his "good side". His site reeks of bias and self-promotion. For him to use the word "faggot" is sheer hyprocrisy, since he considers himself some kind of Martin Luther King of gay rights.

I disagree that violence is never the answer. There are some rare few individuals in this world that truly deserve a good punch in the face.

But satisfaction brought it back
23-06-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I laughed at your last line. I agree there are some who deserve a good punch in the face though I don't think Perez is one of them. He just posted a letter setting out his views and apologizing for his use of the 'f' word but to be honest, I think his reasoning is flawed. He suggests he used the word because it was the most hurtful he knew, but it just comes off as a poor excuse. There's a thing called walking away, and he should have tried it. He also says he's never been a spokesperson for the gay community, but I think in a lot of ways he has taken on that platform and sometimes for good and sometimes for less good. What bothers me the most about his site, is that he comes across a misogynist. I don't care if he has a lot of female friends or not, since he started losing weight he thinks it's okay to jeer at woman about their size, about working out, about what is and is not appropriate sexual behaviour and I find that all disturbing. Regardless, I think he's hit a plateau and his continued negativity will be his own downfall.

24-06-2009
tfs star

Even before he lost weight he jeered at women about their size. I don't condone violence, but that doesn't mean I feel sympathy towards him and I don't think I'm alone. Him repeating the phrase 'violence is never okay' doesn't mean much when his view of what is and isn't okay is so skewed. In his opinion, it is appropriate to call underage girls (and adults obviously) 'slut' and 'whore', to call toddlers ugly, and to compare women's genitalia to meat. I don't think he should have been hit but there's no way I'm going to feel sorry for him.

It sickens me that he genuinely believes that bullying and taunting gay celebrities into coming out of the closet publicly, which is a huge personal decision, is a good thing for the gay community. If he was so concerned about gay rights then he shouldn't be playing up stereotypes, eg calling men 'fairy', 'girl', 'queen' and women 'man' 'dyke' 'butch'. The only words I can think of to describe him are vile and repugnant.

Rich Juzwiak, the author of the blog fourfour, wrote a great article about Perez and I have to say I agree with every single thing he says, especially this excerpt:
Quote:
I just kind of want to throw up my hands (or in my hands) and call out this character, this persona, this online half-person for what it is: bad for the Internet, bad for gay people, bad for the world. I can't help but feel like everything would be better off without him. I know that's a harsh and extreme point of view and believe me that I paused before typing that to actually consider him and his contribution to society. I'd go as far as to say I racked my brain and I've still come up with absolutely nothing positive or pro-social that he has brought to the world, at least on a public level (and keep in mind that I'm not following his every move, so I could have missed an act of philanthropy or two).

Last edited by ckashie; 24-06-2009 at 02:06 AM.
24-06-2009
V.I.P.

I think the fact that Fergie and Will were so angry and want for Perez to post good stuff about their music just makes him more relevant. Don't they realize that they are giving him credibility as a music critic? He has already proved that he can move sales and is good at breaking new artists. But they took it to another level...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
assaulted, black, claims, eyed, hilton, man, pea’s, perez, william