How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-11-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

I don't think ONTD is owned or anything by BuzzMedia - they just allow Buzz advertising content to stream at the side. Which is only fair given what it must cost (time and money) to run. While I don't take everything at ONTD seriously, and I like reading some of the comments, the sheer variety of stuff on there is great. Plus, there is a lot of humor. I think that Lainey also does that is good is openly admit she is biased, and gives examples of why.

As someone said above, Perez lost his voice and with that, anything that made him interesting. I don't think he pimped Lady Gaga for advertising though - he posted her song before she became as famous as she is now, and I think he clings to her like a barnacle because of the sheer height of her fame and she is thankful for his initial promotion and thus includes him in some events. But he's just so OTT about his affiliation with her, it's offputting.

26-11-2010
place your body here

he.is.over.

V.I.P.

I never went to his site after hearing that he "outs" people and is such a bully by calling people vile names. I hope his site dies a terrible death and no one cares about him anymore. The only reason celebs are even friends/nice to him is because they want to get on his "good" side if he even has one. Good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Lainey though is going the way of PH. She can be downright nasty to certain people *cough*kate bosworth*cough* but that's her personal opinion.

trendsetter

I remember being obsessed with gossip blogs. They were fun. They wrote about the things the entertainment shows like Access and ET were scared to do. Those shows would kiss celebrity butts, but blogs had a voice because celebrities were not god like anymore. I went to Dlisted, Lainey, Perez and Pink is the New Blog years and years ago. When they were new. To see gossip blogs be more relevant than tabloids, Access or ET shows how much power they have. Celebrity publicist confirm or deny to blogs now.

I only go to the Huffington. I just want all my news in one place and less commentary. But If I want to laugh I still go to Dlisted and Lainey.

27-11-2010
V.I.P.

I'm one of the people that would constantly go to perez all for the pure humor he had. He's lost it. I now go to DListed 24/7. It's a MILLION times better than Perez.

V.I.P.

great idea for a thread, its been months since I visited his site also. he is a shameless celeb-grubber at this point.

i guess at this point he would need an epic celebrity scandal in order to get as many page views as before.

V.I.P.

I've always been a just jared fan, never a bad word for anyone

27-11-2010
front row

^ I remember that, after he said what he said about Michael, R.I.P, People realized what he represented was truly nasty and dirty.

Anyone can change, but he stands for anti-bullying??

27-11-2010
scenester

I think one of the big turning points for me came when he made up the story about the death of Fidel Castro and never apologized for being wrong. One of the things that made his blog so funny were the mean doodles he painted on celebrities...he doesn't even do that anymore. I'm currently testing my willpower to see how long I can go without visiting his blog.

I think most blogs evolve in the same manner as PerezHilton. They start small, gain popularity, and eventually (no matter what they say) they succumb to mainstream media. It's happening to other blogs like RedCarpet-FashionAwards as well. She used to report on every fashion show during fashion weeks, but now only reports on the ones she attends (lame).

27-11-2010
you soft and only

I've become partial to Gawker now. ONTD isn't as fun as it used to be and that layout is ugly and the comments page doesn't format correctly, or something.

As for Perez, I think he was more of a novelty, really. Because his site wasn't a site where you went to read just gossip, you also went there for his cattiness and stuff. But like most things that becomes tiring. Which is why the more faceless gossip blogs are more "popular."

27-11-2010
V.I.P.

i get my gossip these days from the dailymail. it is UK focused, but i find the stories very in-depth.

Making a Mess

So over.

I use to visit his site multiple times a day. Its been almost 2 years since I last visited. I guess I stopped visiting his site because I didn't like how he constantly brought up Gaga, how he always defended Paris yet slammed her peers for the same actions, and most importantly how he kept outing celebrities. Also, I didn't like how he stopped writing his own material. It was too easy to tell what he was writing and what his sister was writing.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfreya View Post
I can't go there anymore. The comments are just as bad now. Just Jared might like all celebs but his followers don't. They hate everything and are all so small minded. It's always negative. Anything out of the norm is bad.

27-11-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfreya View Post

I think 50% of JJ content is posts about Rachel Bilson and Kate Bosworth.

27-11-2010
you soft and only

I hate justjared because of his stupid watermark.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hilton, perez